Eclipse Is Almost Out

Gotta say it's looking pretty good...but large. I'm not trying to knock it early, but I'd love to see a none auto drip version that's smaller. Maybe just remove the bottle and pump to shrink it down.

I love the look and the touch function but the size is really what keeps me on the edge. That and it's 300 price tag. I'm guessing it would have been cheaper if they had gone with delrin. Anyone know why they chose aluminum?

http://www.digitalciggz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77&products_id=324

thoughts?

Feature list

4.0-6.0V adjustment

Proprietary Shadow Feed Adapter

(Will allow use of most 510 drip tips)

Adapters will become available for:

510 - 306 - 801

Native 510 threading

Regulated Power delivery

100% Custom designed (proprietary) boost circuit

Custom programmed microprocessor to control all functions

1x 18650 (2C rating or better) We Recommend 10c + Rated Batteries

User Replaceable Cell

Protected USB Charging (500mA max)

USB Pass Through Capability

Constant sampling of atomizer resistance values

Constant sampling of battery Voltage values

Cell Low charge indication

Cell Low Safety Cutoff (Forced shutdown)

Last user setting memory

Sleep mode

Control Lockout for transport

15 second safety cutoff

6mL fluid capacity

5mL per minute fluid delivery speed (100% PG)

Electric Micro Pump fluid delivery system

(Fluid delivery is MP controlled)

Simultaneous FEED/FIRE mode capable

Recirculating liquid well

(excess will be sucked back into atomizer)

Short detection and self protection

Over current protection

Over discharge protection

Over Temperature Protection

MP controlled Standard or High Drain cell Selection Mode

100% touch driven interface

Ability to constantly keep atomizer wetted

(This should preserve the atomizer and provide longer service)

LED array to provide visual indicators of all functions

100% Anodized Aluminum Casing

Level 3 (hardest) anodizing for superior durability

post-2-0-13603600-1309505385_thumb.png

I have been tracking on this one as many of us have. The size is of great concern, just gauging its size based upon its relation to the 18650 in the picture is seems huge. The other big feature is the warranty, it is as complicated as the Provari is plus it has a "micro pump" for the JD. I would be very concerned if the warranty was less than the ProVari 1 year commitment. Finally, not being able to handle anything above 80% VG eliminates a good deal of popular juices you can use with it. Those concerns for $300? I am anxious to hear the reviews but I think they may have priced themselves out of the market with a device that has design limitations and size issues.

Edit: Also I wonder how much of the pump overhead will reduce the battery life?

Edited by Burn

I cannot wait to see what others think either! Talk about a laundry list of FEATURES! Craziness I tell ya. Although, I would probably need to have the instruction manual in my back pocket for the first month or so! I'm with you though Chris... I wouldn't mind seeing a bit smaller version as well. And $300.00!?! YIKES!!

Edited by DAYVAPE

I think I've managed to convince myself to wait until at least Christmas before I get anything new. By then it'll be well tested and I'll know if there's anything else I'd rather have. I really do like this though, but at $300, I can wait (at least a little while). :)

Edited by Brian

I think I've managed to convince myself to wait until at least Christmas before I get anything new. By then it'll be well tested and I'll know if there's anything else I'd rather have. I really do like this though, but at $300, I can wait (at least a little while). :)

I made it about 14 hours. :innocent:

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email from Digitalciggz last night.

However just this last Sunday Digitalciggz.com was served with a lawsuit from Reynolds Innovations Inc. also known as RII the makers of Camel Cigarettes, Winston, other major brand of cigarettes, and interesting enough The Eclipse cigarettes (which you can read about here)

According to RII we are in violation of the Trademarked and Copyrighted "Eclipse" name becuase our font is similar to the font that they use for the "Eclipse" Cigarette and type face. (NOT THE TECHNOLOGY)

Soooooooo.. We are informing you all that over the next few days you will see the Eclipse eq name changed to a temporary name of "EQ" until we decide upon and appropriate name for this awesome device!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(cigarette)

• 3 weeks later...