Joye Ego T Leaking Issue

Easiest/best fix = use Boge 510/LR Cartos instead! :yes

First q is what makes this product good? Second, where do you order them from? :) Also DayVape, could you please read the msg to Jeff B & chime in? I heard you were the tech pro around here.

Edited by jen_haynes

Most likely the tank and atty are not making a good seal. This happens after using it for awhile. Pop in a new tank and you should be good.

I just did what you had said. I had one good hit afterwards & afterwards not so good. Took off the cart & noticed it was leaking again. Do you think I need to readjust my wick or should I wait to order the carts mentioned by DayVape? Or is it something else?

This lady was extremely helpful:

I am semi-confident I could pull the wick up a bit. What do you think? Will I damage my egoT by doing the adjustment? Also -- it tastes kind of burnt like a marshmallow caught on fire.

Edited by jen_haynes

LOL, DAYAVPE, you love your Cartos don't you. BTW, I ordered and got my carto’s in, and I still prefer the tanks. I noticed the carts have less flavor, and less TH, however they do draw better. But any Ways, I’m sticking with the tanks.

Jen_Haynes, To answer your questions. The leaking issue is caused strictly by the tank. Has nothing to do with the atty or battery. The juice leaks through where the wick cover of the atty goes through the hard bottom of the tank. Especially if you use 100% PG, because its so thin.

I did 3 things to prevent my leaking. I’ve been 100% leak free for 6 weeks now. Buy the tanks soft bottoms. (links in this thread and about 50 cents each). This helps about 50%, because the wick tube still ‘rips’ the bottom a little, and leaking can still occur a little. Then I used a 12 gauge needle to pre-punch a hole in the bottom. Now it works 95%. The hole is big enough so the remaining soft plastic fits snugly around the wick tube, with no ripping of the plastic. Lastly, I use a 20% VG solution, which makes the juice thicker, so nothing can squeeze by. However if you use 100% PG, it still works great, about 95%, and very little leaking.

If this still is all above your head, I ordered 50 soft bottoms (Type A, i.e. 1ml tanks) 6 weeks ago, thinking they would wear out. But I’ve been using the same 5 bottoms since then. They been re-used, geeze like 50 times each so far, and still kicking. So I got plenty extra. PM me, and I can send you 5 or 10 of them already pre-punched for cheep (that is if you use the 1ml ego T, which is the Type A). So you don’t have to do anything except put them on your tanks.

As far as cleaning, No need to disassemble or even clean really. One of my attys just recently died after 6 weeks of usage. All I did was just blow out the extra juice every day or so. Any maybe rinsed them in hot water, and let dry for a day, every week or 2. Standard maintenance.

Also, for other reading this, below are pics on punching the holes.

softbottoms.jpg

Edited by mjradik

There is a LOT of 'carto talk' on this very forum... I would repeat it all again for you but I'm leaving my desk here shortly.

Hopefully, one of the fine folks that have it all together, will chime in and inform you as needed. Honestly though, there is plenty of that very information around here, it just needs 'dug up' and discovered. lol.

LOL, DAYAVPE, you love your Cartos don't you. BTW, I ordered and got my carto’s in, and I still prefer the tanks. I noticed the carts have less flavor, and less TH, however they do draw better. But any Ways, I’m sticking with the tanks.

THAT certainly isn't the case for myself.. and many others as well I'm quite certain. Also, a lot of this is dependent on your particular setup/device, etc. I don't really use eGo batts much anymore... and I think that the big battery mods pack more of a punch... therefore maybe giving me a better experience w/ cartos... just my thoughts anyway. But, what's great, is that we have all these things to pick from to fit our style. I would bet anything that you are in the minority when it comes to preferences of tank vs. carto... just a guess though, and I could be wrong.

Edited by DAYVAPE

THAT certainly isn't the case for myself.. and many others as well I'm quite certain. Also, a lot of this is dependent on your particular setup/device, etc. I don't really use eGo batts much anymore... and I think that the big battery mods pack more of a punch... therefore maybe giving me a better experience w/ cartos... just my thoughts anyway. But, what's great, is that we have all these things to pick from to fit our style. I would bet anything that you are in the minority when it comes to preferences of tank vs. carto... just a guess though, and I could be wrong.

I know for a fact I’m in the minority for preferring the tanks, but that’s my personal preference. I also know if I use cartos with a different battery, or mods, I’m sure I’ll get better flavor/TH/Experience. But at this point in time, I’m happy with what I got, and don’t feel like investing more time/$$ in trying other stuff. I’m sure down the road I will though.

While mjradik is correct in all points on the tank, and definitely the silicone cap advice......I can say for almost certain your wick is down way too far in the spike. This type of flooding and leaking is excessive for the tank cap to be the issue IMV. Nothing will solve this except pulling the plate and carefully pushing the wick back up. Some of them are thinner in composition and wick volume (rope is not thick enough) and if it's also down in the spike, it's trouble in Denmark.

You will fight this until frustration forces you to pull the plate, or replace the atty. At somewhere between .60-.90 per ml for liquid? It may be better to replace the atty. Each leaking and flooding is costing you 1-2 ml of liquid and this wick may not have the heftiness to ever be quite right (which is why it slipped down on you in the first place) even after the wick adjustment. Wish I held better news and I agree to have some cartomisers on hand for these situations.

Tank as primary device=back up cartos. You'll get it all down, and tank atty is awesome when working correctly, PITB if not..........

Edited by maverick

While mjradik is correct in all points on the tank, and definitely the silicone cap advice......I can say for almost certain your wick is down way too far in the spike. This type of flooding and leaking is excessive for the tank cap to be the issue IMV

Thank for the info maverick, I didn't think about the wick being low being a cause, even though it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread. I guess I was going off my personal experience. I have a total of 4 tank attys (well 3 now that one kicked the bucket after 6 weeks of use) When I first got the eGo-T, all 4 of them leaked. With the pre-punched soft bottoms, none of them leaked. Looking at the atty now, it looks like the wick is even with the ‘low’ part of the spike in the tube, if that makes any sense. Kind of hard to explain. Jen_hayns should have other attys she can try if she bought a starter kit. If they all leak, then prolly a cap issue, if one 1 does, then most likely a wick issue.

Thanks Maveric -- I've been think you're right! From the other site called vapingguides, a lady named Spike had said that it's just easier to buy a new atty than going through the hassle. Bummed it only lasted for a week, but better than watching all these tutorials in how to disassemble the unit & x, y, z.

Thank for the info maverick, I didn't think about the wick being low being a cause, even though it was mentioned elsewhere in this thread. I guess I was going off my personal experience. I have a total of 4 tank attys (well 3 now that one kicked the bucket after 6 weeks of use) When I first got the eGo-T, all 4 of them leaked. With the pre-punched soft bottoms, none of them leaked. Looking at the atty now, it looks like the wick is even with the ‘low’ part of the spike in the tube, if that makes any sense. Kind of hard to explain. Jen_hayns should have other attys she can try if she bought a starter kit. If they all leak, then prolly a cap issue, if one 1 does, then most likely a wick issue.

I agree. Your troubleshooting advice is exactly how I would go about it. Gotta switch stuff around with these things in order to eliminate one by one. Having taken several of these apart it became real obvious the lack of QC at the plant. Some of this "rope" wick should have been discarded towards the end of the run as it got too thin for placement in the spike. It's a very innovative design that needs a bit of tweaking.

Hope we get a version 2? Sometime down the road? Vape on and thanks!

Thanks Maveric -- I've been think you're right! From the other site called vapingguides, a lady named Spike had said that it's just easier to buy a new atty than going through the hassle. Bummed it only lasted for a week, but better than watching all these tutorials in how to disassemble the unit & x, y, z.

Your welcome Jen. We're behind you here and will help all we can. Goodness knows I leaned on many a vapor person when starting out.

90% of Joye tank atties have worked out great for me, but I did have one as you describe and it's a bummer for sure. When I saw the thin rope, it was apparent this particular unit was never going to be right. I just took the next atty that went south....and put the wick plate from it, into the troubled bad wick unit. Sometimes I'm in the mood to mess around with them in this way....sometimes they hit the graveyard box. Especially after watching the battery get saturated, sticky clean up, and juice cost loss.

Nothing a warmed brownie and dollop of vanilla ice cream won't cure? (and back up cartos) :yes Vape on...........

Edited by maverick

The "Joey" eGo? Does it work for the "Joye" eGo also?

LOL.. Funny... Yes it does work for the "Joye" eGo as well, but its just a tad different, some modification required... LOL. Thanks for pointing out I went to public schools, .. haha I fixed it..

• 6 months later...

I am not an expert on vaping and I have had some trouble with Joye T and C leaking on occasion. I think the C leaks less though. I think there are two types of leaking........one is from flooding (more juice than the atty can cook) and leaking from the cart/plate connection. I just apply a THIN film of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) to the cap or atty plate where it connects with the cart which acts as an excellent sealant. It is easy to smear a bit on the outside of the tube and plate on the C type atty. You can also smear it on the cap (hard or soft) instead BUT...Warning!!!....the hole in the cap MUST be clear of the stuff.............or you will get some in the tube and the atty is shot.........darn near impossible to get the stuff out. Flooding seems to be caused by thin juice.........I think the thicker the better, obviously staying within the scope of proper vapor performance. VG or VG/PG blend with high VG ratio seems to flood less. I start with a cap that has already been punctured, make sure it is properly fit on the cartridge, apply a thin film of 'grease' to the cap, make sure the hole is clear with a toothpick and the flat sides of the cap do not have grease on them that could block the air flow to the tip....remember a thin film does it....it is just to fill up the little nooks and crannies that allow some leakage on the plate or cap. I screw on the atty cone first, orient the button where I want it (on top for me), insert the cart about 30 degrees from where I want it, then rotate it the final 30 degrees to get the desired orientation of the button/tip. Not sure if it is right or correct but not a problem in nearly a month of doing it. Also, I prefer to fill the cart with a syringe and not by removing the cap. In fact I never remove the cap, even to change juice mix. I just flush it out with high pressure warm water in a syringe, then suck out the remaining water with the same syringe.....it really makes it quite dry inside the cart. The cap/cart joint can cause leakage so when you get a good seal there, don't fool with it.

I agree with gvape about rotating the tank cart as or after you carfully push it in fully. I actually have better luck with the hard tank caps and when I punture it for the first time I "screw" it in as I push it down. I've never had leaking problems from this conection even on my oldest tank carts, I still use them after a couple of months. I don't like the idea about using any kind of sealant though.

• 2 months later...