Joye Ego T Leaking Issue

i have been using my type b atty and tanks for a while now and could not be happier except for one thing. here lately it has just been randomly leaking after i leave it sit for a while. it leaks from the bottom of the atomizer all over my battery. could it be time for new tanks or is their something wrong with my atty?

I have been using the eGo Tank System since February. I started with the Type A Reg. R and now I am using the Type B LR. The only time I have had leaking issues, the following has been the reason:

The cap on the tank cart was not on all the way or the cap had been taken off and on so many times, it wasn't sealing properly. Time to trash the cart.

The cart was not inserted all the way into the atty causing the juice to leak out.

The atty coils were caked with old juice. The inhaling/sucking on the cart was pulling juice into the atty, but the coils were not able to heat properly due to the caked on gunk and the atty was flooding. Blow out the atty, pull the piercing plate out and dry burn the coil until the gunk turns to ash. Wash out the atty, rinse off the wick, blow out the atty, let it dry, and put the piercing plate back in. Works like new and no more leaking juice through the battery connector.

I hope this helps you.

thanks a lot sharon the last part sounds like that's my problem could you post or maybe find a video of somebody doing that cuz i have no idea how to go about it lol.

Edited by Brian

could you pull it out by grabbing the part that actually pierces the tank or would that damage it because i dont have anything small enough to get under the plate to pull it out

I can't answer that - have never done it. I did try to pull one out with needle nose pliers, but they were quite long enough and I was just getting the tip of the piercing tube. I couldn't get hold of it good enough to get it out.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the leaking problem too. I read somewhere that it could be the bottom cap problem, so I bought a pack of replacement caps. But they don't fit the tanks. Sigh. And I'm askeered to pull the piercing pin out, LOL.

Silicone replacement caps for tank atty.........https://www.cignot.com/SearchResults.asp

The caps work better than the stock plastic ones IMHO. Would not recommend pulling the wick plate out by grabbing hold of the wick post with pliers. Ruined one real quick doing this as it created an oval opening which led to tank failure/no seal anymore. Using a regular sized paper clip.....form a small hook on one end and work it under the corner of the plate. Grab the now positioned paper clip with pliers and pop the wick plate out.

Once I get a dry burn going and the atty is weak? There is no bother putting it back together as it will not be worth the effort. Saved many of them with the wick plate dry burn steps, but when their weak....their done. Hope this helps and happy vaping.

I'm a newbie and use the ego-T. My brand new atty's/tanks leak with certian flavors, maybe because they are thinner than other falvors/I dunno. I notice the leaking only happens when I don't vape for a while, then I vape. I have the ego-t sitting up right when not in use.

I now store my ego-T upside down (mouth piece/tank) on the kitchen counter upside down up aginst the wall. I haven't had a single leaking issue since.

I would like to revise my post above. I do notice that I do have leaking issues while I vape sometimes. Although storing my ego-t upside down helps out alot, doesn't help while I vape. After some troubleshooting with different attys/liquids/tanks, I can conclude its the tank its self not forming a tight seal around the wick. Some of my tanks work better than others, and some thicker liquids never leak. To expand on Maverick's Post, I provided some links below on some soft caps options. I personally just ordered the soft/silicone caps from cignot, so I will re-post after I get them in and try them out.

http://www.cignot.com/product_p/egt-sil-cpa.htm

http://www.cignot.com/product_p/egt-sil-cpb.htm

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/products/eGo%252dT-Cartridge-Soft-Gasket-%285%252dpack%29-%28Type-A%29.html

http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/products/eGo-T-Soft-Gasket-Cartridge-Type-B-%28Clear%29%2810-Pack%29.html

I would like to revise my post above. I do notice that I do have leaking issues while I vape sometimes. Although storing my ego-t upside down helps out alot, doesn't help while I vape. After some troubleshooting with different attys/liquids/tanks, I can conclude its the tank its self not forming a tight seal around the wick. Some of my tanks work better than others, and some thicker liquids never leak. To expand on Maverick's Post, I provided some links below on some soft caps options. I personally just ordered the soft/silicone caps from cignot, so I will re-post after I get them in and try them out.

http://www.cignot.co...egt-sil-cpa.htm

http://www.cignot.co...egt-sil-cpb.htm

http://www.myfreedom...8Type-A%29.html

http://www.myfreedom...10-Pack%29.html

Interesting. I look forward to hearing what you think. I'd be afraid that they don't have a tight enough fit on the tank and will pull out when you remove the tank from the atty. That would be messy.

I'm wondering if your running genuine Joye Type B Tanks? Very careful on these forums to not push a vendor, heap unwarranted praise on product, or recommend something just because I got a great deal or freebies from a purchase. Have made a strong recommendation for Joye only on the tank atty however. I've had issues with every other received tank on the market, be it a trial, trade, or gift. Never had a genuine Joye tank leak if running correct depth on the wick and tank seal is tight.

If it's Joye your running, it can only be one of those two things: If you remove the tank and notice juice pooling on the wick plate itself, it's the seal and you need the silicone caps. (you may also notice excess liquid around the bottom of the tank/opening) If your vaping and the tank leaks during the draw, the wick is set too low in the wick tube. (this would also explain why they leak sitting upright).

While the B atty can be a little bit of a PITB.......it's still my go to device, and beats all others when running smoothly. If they give me a fit on occasion, or I get disgusted once a week, that's what the 2.0 Boge is for. :help:

Edited by maverick

An update on the soft-bottom/silicone bottom tanks I ordered. AWSOME!!.. I’ve refilled the same tank 5 times already, and still no leaking. No more juice coming up through the mouth piece and into my mouth. No more juice on the battery or on my hands. I’m going to use these from now on. Tried both the silicon bottom caps only from cignot, and the soft bottom type A tanks from myfreedomsmoke. Both bottoms are the same, just that you get the tank too with myfreesmoke. Since I got a boat load of tanks from my orginial order, (I just trashed the hard bottoms), and got more tanks from myfreedom smoke, so I have about 30 tanks now. So I'll just be ordering the bottoms by them selves from now on since they are so cheep)

The hard bottom ones I had that I got with my ego-t were genuine joey tanks. They did work with thicker juices, but not/most other juices. They did work on the first and second refill, but not much after that. With the soft bottom tank, I have no worries no matter what juice I’m using.

A note though. The soft bottom caps go deeper into the tank so less room for juice. You can fill it to about 0.75ml on the A type, and still get the air bubble at the top. They are also a little harder to remove to refill. (yes they fit in there very tightly Brian) I just use my teeth to grip the side of it and pull it off. Yummm, nothing like flavored PG nic juice on my lips, lol…. But still less on my lips than if I suck some up through the mouth piece from a leaky tank.

I TOTALLY RECOMMEND, but that my opinion.

Edited by mjradik

I use these silicone caps from cignot also, they work very well for me. Can be hard to remove.......find it easier to grab it with a paper towel, not so slick then.

Wonder if they make one for the 510-t? I have never seen one for sell for the 510-t but maybe the tanks are too small.

After using the soft caps a little more, want to make a few more notes to help you out. On one of them, after about 6+ refils, it started to loose its seal, and a little leaking occured, while another one is still going strong with over 8 refils. I guess it all depends. Normal wear and tear I guess. Well shoot, they are soo cheap, if they only last 6 refils, I'm ok with that. Also twice, while using them, I started to get burnt taste, but the tank was full. I noticed that the soft plastic that the wick tube pierced through was covering the wick, and no juice could get to the wick. To fix that, just slowly turn the tank 180 to 360 degrees while it is still inserted, and it will clear the plastic off the wick. Of course if you do this roo much or too fast, you can tear more of the cap, and loose the seal and cause leaking. but it only happen twice on me on the many many times I've used them.

Great advice on the turning or twisting tank once the silicone cap is in use. This to ensure the cap is snapped down tight against the wick plate and not hung up on the tube. Couple other things I've noticed on the LR B atty.....I do not fill them much more than 3/4 full. This is a quick way to get the burned taste because the tank is too full and not enough air to vacuum the juice down when you draw. A primer puff will work, but I've found 1.5 ml of juice is just fine and air flow is adequate.

Have also found if the atty starts to bring on a tighter draw, pull the tank and do a couple quick dry burns to remove the small excess amount from the coil. It beats the heck out of adjusting the wick up for those borderline too low in the tube atty's. Not low enough to make an adjustment, but not perfect either. These devices are the cats meow when running even close to maximum efficiency. Have a couple of juices that taste horrible in a carto, but shine very brightly in the tank.

Nice discussion and a well run forum. Vape on......

Edited by maverick

So I've been using the soft bottoms for over a week now. Wanted to give another update. Overall, still feel they are better than the hard bottoms. I did have like1 or 2 that leaked from the start. I guess it all depends. I guess when it gets pierced by the wick tube, if it tears it too much, that how leaking occurs. Works great with my thicker juices. So going to start using a VG mix from now on because it is thicker... (but I have other issues I have to work out with VG first as described in my other posts, but thats a null point here...) However, what I am going to try also, is get a leather hole puncher and puch out like a 1mm wide hole in the soft bottom. (not just put a hole in it, but remove 1mm of plastic to make the hole) this way the soft bottom will form around the wick tube and not tear, I feel it will create a better seal.

I havnt had any problems with leaks, been runnning with a 70/30 pg/vg mix in both my 510t and ego-t. Sweet-vapes juice if that matters. I did have one not pierce the silicon cap though......Had to insert the tank and twist it back and forth a couple times to get it to pierce.

Yup. Found out real quick the need for piercing the center of the silicone cap with a needle, or like device. The pierce tube will then make a nice seal without compromising the integrity of the opening. The silicone cap I pierced using the plate tube leaks ever so slightly and would highly agree with the previous two posts on the old "pre-pierce" method for silicone tank caps. Nice observations and good advice.

One last update on this. I purchased a 12 gauge needle off ebay for 99 cents, including shipping. These are the kind tattoo’ers use, or used for IV’s. They are larger needles with 2.7mm outer diameter. I believe the wick tube in the atty is close to 3.5+ mm in diameter.

So I grinded the sharp pointed end down to be blunt (for safety reasons so I don’t poke my self which I did originally, lol…) Also put a good layer of duct tape on the end to give me grip. Then I press down on the center of the softcap using the other end of the needle, which puts in a perfect 2.7mm hole in the middle. This allows the wick tube to fit through nicely, and the remaining 1mm of surrounding soft plastic to form a great seal around the tube.

Smoked several ml’s of my thinnest juice which always gave me problems in the past with no issues. (until about the 5th or so refill when the plastic starts to get too stretched out and them minimal leaking occurs, but its very very minimal)

Slick idea and sounds most efficient. Sold on the silicone caps as well, and soon as the stock plastic caps provide a hint of problem.....slap on the silicone replacements.

Nice to hear positive feedback, and happy vaping.

Edited by maverick

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this discussion back up, but some of this thread is way beyond my comprehension. And to disassemble the device completely would be an absolute last resort. I just need some things reiterated & kept really simple.

Here are the facts:

I've had my Joye Ego T for one week & noticed it started to leak juice between the atomizer & the tank cart. I've been refilling the same cartridge for the past week. I always make sure it is properly closed. Is it time for a new cart? Could the cart be causing the leaking issue? What is the life expectancy of a cart?

Also, I keep my ego T assembled in the evening & leave the mouth piece pointing upward or sideways during the day. Can someone please send over some solutions that are simple for a new user. Could this be the culprit to my leaking issue?

Does anyone have info on how clean my atomizer without disassembling it? Today I blew on the atomizer - thinking this would solve my leaking issue :\ but without success. It's still leaking. I top the juice off (usually leaving that bit of space as I was told) & it seems like it's disappearing right away. No leaks into the mouthpiece as of yet.

As always this forum is an extreme help in my process to switch, so thank you in advance for the help!

Edited by jen_haynes