Coughing & Coughing

Nana2b

Hi again.

Well I got all my new goodies from V4L(KR808D) including VG vanilla juice 11mg plus 8mg as a freebie. I decided to try the 8 mg first and here I go again Coughing, coughing, etc.

I switched from PG to VG after research & advice from the forum. I've watched all the videos, read all your great tutorials, followed threads for newbies, even stood in front of the mirror to make sure I'm dragging slowly enough, taking it into my mouth then inhaling.

The coughing happens as soon as I inhale. If I take less in sometimes I don't cough until I exhale.

This is my 3rd kit the 1st 2 were PG

I know there's a learning curve but how long did you all cough?

It is entirely possible that I'm too dumb to vape! :no

Wow, thats horrible! the kit it's self wont make you cough, the juice will though. And NO your not too stupid.....I only cough in the am at the first hit of my PV. Like my lungs are weak and irritated. This also happened when I smoked my first cig in the am. Does it feel like that? OR When you inhale are you feeling like a chemical burning sensation? Could it be a dry Atty or cartomizer?

I'm so sorry this is happening, if you need more help you canPM me too.

I'm sorry you are still having trouble. Sounds like you are doing everything right.

have you tried dripping?? do you still cough??

2 things I am thinking of: 1st, the filler in the cartomizers??

2nd, type of atomizer. you may needs an atomizer that doesn't burn as hot. something like the dse 901. I know liberty flights sells them. different threat than the ego. so need

901 battery and atomizer. They sell the riva 901--same battery life as the ego, but uses the 901 atomizer.

I know you are frustrated, but don't give up, I know there is a solution (somewhere).

Maybe try a blend of the two. Pg makes me cough. All vg makes me cough too but about 50-75% vg works for me. I hope you get it figured out. Did you try different vendors and flavors or only one?

I'm thinking its likely a 'dratty' (dry atty/not enough juice) over most anything else. I know as a noob it took me a while to learn how much liquid to add to my atty. I have a strong feeling that your cartomizer isn't full enough with juice. I mean, are you getting a pleasant/tasty flavor when you inhale, or is it just harshness and coughing only?? The answer to that will say a lot I believe. And this may sound silly... but are you inhaling into your mouth first and then pulling into your lungs? Or are you 'direct inhaling' into your lungs only? Just a thought...

Edited by DAYVAPE

I'm using a Vapor4Life kit with cartomizers. I haven't tried dripping. I was hoping to keep it simple but I think I'm not going to be able to do that.

I drink a lot of water & decaf coffee..(caffeine is dehydrating & makes me jittery)

My throat doesn't burn..it did with PG.

the Vanilla flavor is strong & pleasant, not harsh or burnt tasting.

As for technique I've watched all the videos, read all your great tutorials, followed threads for newbies, even stood in front of the mirror to make sure I'm dragging slowly enough, taking it into my mouth first then inhaling.

The coughing happens as soon as I inhale.

If I take less in sometimes I don't cough until I exhale.

It's really frustrating to read all the success stories & here I am still stuck at "go".

i appreciate this forum & all of you for trying to help me.

Just don't give up !!! maybe get an an atomizer for dripping. Don't know if it will help---but its worth a try.

That may be an option. I'd have to get manual batteries first, right now mine are auto.

Hi again.

Well I got all my new goodies from V4L(KR808D) including VG vanilla juice 11mg plus 8mg as a freebie. I decided to try the 8 mg first and here I go again Coughing, coughing, etc.

I switched from PG to VG after research & advice from the forum. I've watched all the videos, read all your great tutorials, followed threads for newbies, even stood in front of the mirror to make sure I'm dragging slowly enough, taking it into my mouth then inhaling.

The coughing happens as soon as I inhale. If I take less in sometimes I don't cough until I exhale.

This is my 3rd kit the 1st 2 were PG

I know there's a learning curve but how long did you all cough?

It is entirely possible that I'm too dumb to vape! :no

I get "the cough" ocassionally. Mine is a short, dry cough due to a tickling sensation near or in my larynx. Certainly not a cough coming from my lungs. I guess mine would be better explained as a choke or gag.

When I suffer from it, the only way I can get around it is by pushing the vapor out of my mouth and taking nose hits.

Good luck!

Prefilled cartos can sometimes be a "not so pleasant" juice IMO. If you can fill your own, or drip- you MIGHT have a better experience. You could drip pure vg or pg as a test to see if you still cough and go from there. Coughing usually comes from a dratty, something burning in the atty/carto or bad juice. If you aren't getting any harshness in the back of the throat, it could be the juice.

I hope you get through it! There is a PV and the proper juice out there for you somewhere.

Thanks GPurv & TroopX, This isn't going to be the walk in the park I envisioned when I first saw an e-cig used by Katherine Heigl on Letterman.

My reaction was "where do I get one of those? my cigarette days are over!"...oh well :turned:

Thanks Gpurv & TroopX, This isn't going to be the walk in the park I envisioned when I first saw an e-cog used by Katherine Hegel on Letterman.

My reaction was "where do I get one of those? my cigarette days are over!"...oh well :turned:

ecigs are not some magical cure to stop smoking cigarettes. Not even close.

I still enjoy both, and I have no desire or "need" to have one totally replace the other. A PV is simply an optional pleasure for me, for when I want it.

But; I must admit, the flavors of e-juice do make vaping a bit more attractive.

I have noticed if i dont drink enough water it makes me cough pretty bad. the other thing that helps me is to take a drag and hold it in my mouth then inhale though my nose. not sure why this helps but it stops me from coughing most of the time.

ecigs are not some magical cure to stop smoking cigarettes. Not even close.

I still enjoy both, and I have no desire or "need" to have one totally replace the other. A PV is simply an optional pleasure for me, for when I want it.

But; I must admit, the flavors of e-juice do make vaping a bit more attractive.

I had unrealistic expectations when I started this quest for a Nic delivery system that allowed for the hand to mouth habit as well. I'll be researching other set ups that allow me to more flexible with juices etc. I don't know if I'll ever be able to inhale through my nose tho... do I just blow the smoke back out & sniff it in? 'cause I tried that & it didn't work.

Nana, don't give up, just find what works for you.

For me, ecigarettes had me at hello, but I went straight to dripping. I now drip when I can, and use cartos (with good juice) when I'm driving, or I don't feel like explaining what I'm doing dropping liquid into a strange looking device and "smoking" on it.

I haven't looked back to analogs since I started, and I think when you find what works for you, you will have the same results. :)

Lazy

I had unrealistic expectations when I started this quest for a Nic delivery system that allowed for the hand to mouth habit as well. I'll be researching other set ups that allow me to more flexible with juices etc. I don't know if I'll ever be able to inhale through my nose tho... do I just blow the smoke back out & sniff it in? 'cause I tried that & it didn't work.

Nana, don't give up, just find what works for you.

For me, ecigarettes had me at hello, but I went straight to dripping. I now drip when I can, and use cartos (with good juice) when I'm driving, or I don't feel like explaining what I'm doing dropping liquid into a strange looking device and "smoking" on it.

I haven't looked back to analogs since I started, and I think when you find what works for you, you will have the same results. :)

Lazy

Lazy kind of said it all. Don't give up.

Thanks Lazy & johns, I appreciate everyone's help.

I'll be shopping around online for juices. I live in Mass. diving distance to Salem where potions & such are common...but no e-cig retailers which is too bad. Checking all this stuff out in person would be great for someone with this problem...custom blends etc.

I'll keep tying to find my answer. :detective:

I've been pretty partial to sweet-vapes.com juices - but I no longer like tobacco flavor at all.

When I first started, I wanted menthol because I was a menthol smoker and was happy with mist-stix 's menthol juice (and it was CHEAP!)

try out the chat room: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/index.php?app=ipchat

There's ALWAYS someone in there who'd LOVE to answer your questions :)

~Lazy

I occasionally get the cough, and it's almost always when i use cartomizers or a tank system, it's not every drag, but like one out of every 10 or so, it's like a super-dry hit with way too much flavor, and i cough it out. I've never coughed with direct-dripping or cartridges. It could just be a case of your body not being used to it, or maybe you just got some bad cartos.

Jon

Sweet-vapes seems to be a fav for a lot of people on the forum. I've got to check them out to see what custom blends they can think of for my issues. I'll try the Chat room too thanks Lazy.

Jon I do think it's not being used to it along with the VG/PG, & learning curve issues. I'm a stubborn Yankee I want this to work Yesterday! :wallbash: I'm not giving up!

there are some juices that kinda give me dry throat, and i could easily see how that could result in coughing. and there's really no way to tell until i vape it. for example, 2 different but similarly themed juices from the same place, one wild cherry, the other boysenberry. the wild cherry vapes great, no problems, the boysenberry gives me dry throat. they're the same pg/vg mixture, just different flavorings. even some of the sweet-vapes juices give me dry throat, like french vanilla, but kona cream doesn't. might be related somehow to your issue.

Jon

there are some juices that kinda give me dry throat, and i could easily see how that could result in coughing. and there's really no way to tell until i vape it. for example, 2 different but similarly themed juices from the same place, one wild cherry, the other boysenberry. the wild cherry vapes great, no problems, the boysenberry gives me dry throat. they're the same pg/vg mixture, just different flavorings. even some of the sweet-vapes juices give me dry throat, like french vanilla, but kona cream doesn't. might be related somehow to your issue.

Jon

More to think about...I've had PG tobacco & vanilla--coughed & coughed and Vanilla VG --coughed & coughed...didn't notice if I had dry throat with any of the 3 due to all the coughing but it's something to keep in mind. Thank you Jon

To narrow it down some, you may want to try some zero nic juice. My wife has this same problem and I searched and searched and searched for a juice she could vape, but everything made her cough. I tried PG, VG and mixes of PG/VG. At long last I found one juice she could vape... VapeRite Organic Waffle 18mg. She tried several other organic flavors and they also caused her to cough.

After some experimenting with zero nic, we found that she could vape PG and/or VG with no problems... it's the nic that seems to cause the issues. At this point, she's been able to vape just about anything I make that's 12mg. Anything over 12mg makes her cough. I still don't know why she can vape 18mg Organic Waffle. :iiam:

Anyhow, may be something to consider.