Couple Questions

Well, I'm happy to say, I'm almost at my 24hr mark of being smoke free!! From the great advice I received here and being able to change my order. I finally did receive my 510 and one for my wife. Awesome KIT and everything I need. Now Question...(yes one is a n00b)

1. What is PV and VG you guys refer to??

2. All my liquids I ordered are High and Extra high but don't have the amount of mg of Nicotine on them (imported from Shen-Zen China), I am getting a little dizzy buzzed feeling after vaping allot and so is my wife I've read it's normal but adjustments on the mg?? Or dilute it??

3. Of course I forgot my 3rd question LOL.

Cheers guys....other than the buzz and slight dizzy feeling, loving my first official 22hrs my wife and I are smoke free.

Congrats, I'm so happy your liking it so far!

PV ia a personal Vaporizer like your 510

VG - Vegetable Glycerin

PG - Propylene Glycol

PG and VG are the base agents that nic and flavors are added to. PG gives more Throat Hit TH and flavor than VG. VG makes plumes of vapor. So many people use a combo of both.

Extra high I'm assuming is 36 mg of nic and High 24.

It sounds like you may be getting the highest amount your able to handle if your getting buzzed. Just make sure your drinking a lot of water. If you developed a headache, or nausea make sure you back off your PV for a little while. Your body will let you know how much is too much. So listen to it.

Have fun and read lots. There is so much for you and your wife to experiment with. Good luck!

PG = Propylene Glycol

VG = Vegetable Glycerin

They are used as bases for e-liquids... you can buy it with or w/o nicotine.

I would buy some plain PG or VG to thin your stuff down till you prefer it.

You can buy VG at many drug stores and walmart type stores... typically in the Beauty section I think.

Its actually used a skin protectant, etc. I dont know where to buy PG except for online... many vendors sell both and are quite cheap. Remember that the PG is much thinner than VG... so decide what you need by looking at how thick your juice already is.

Of course Beans and her mad typing skills beat my cclumbsy fingers. :thumbsup:

My guess is that since you are knew to vaping you are probably hitting it a lot...like we all do when new juices arrive, etc. It will more than likely slow a tad when the new wears off... maybe. :thumbsup:

On a side note:

If you guys find that your 510 batteries arent lasting you long enough and you are constantly charging them.... keep the "eGo"/"Riva"/"Tornado"/etc. in mind as your next unit. (they come in all sorts of names due to the fact there are knock-offs abound.) The great thing is all of your 510 'stuff' will work on the eGo batteries. You are basically just upgrading to a much better battery that will provide a more consistent 'hit' throughout its battery life. They dont tend to drop off nearly as quick as the small stick type batts do. So, it will feel like its providing a 'fully charged battery hit', for a lot longer time before dropping off. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Wow, again you guys are so fantastic. Thanks for the responses. Yes the juice I've got looks relatively thick when dripping it on.I believe it's a 26mg nic.

So I guess I can Dilute the bottles I've got?? I'd like to do that properly, maybe buy the same flavor from the store here at a mid-range 16mg and add to the bottle? :)

And on that, I tried ordering some funky new flavors but I received a shipping address error to my place. Weird cause it says they ship to Canada and I'm in Vancouver BC. So I'm lost. I emailed the site admin and hope to hear back.

I'm just loving this!! And after only 24hrs now!! I'm feeling so free from the stinky ashtray!! I'm only 34 and smoking since 18. I thought I was nuts but my lunch tasted so good today! Could my tastebuds already be improving? WOW! :clap:

If you like your juice flavor than yes you can get a lighter nic version and dilute that way. You can also mix other lower nic flavors with them too. Just make sure when you start experimenting with mixing to do it on small scale so if you don't like it you won't have waisted your juice.

I also want to agree with DV up there. The eGo/Rivas are great up grades to your kit. So if vaping starts not to cut it with your cravings, the bigger battery will help a lot. :thumbsup:

Oh and just wait your body and taste buds will start drastically changing right away.

Edited by Beans

Wow, again you guys are so fantastic. Thanks for the responses. Yes the juice I've got looks relatively thick when dripping it on.I believe it's a 26mg nic.

So I guess I can Dilute the bottles I've got?? I'd like to do that properly, maybe buy the same flavor from the store here at a mid-range 16mg and add to the bottle? :)

And on that, I tried ordering some funky new flavors but I received a shipping address error to my place. Weird cause it says they ship to Canada and I'm in Vancouver BC. So I'm lost. I emailed the site admin and hope to hear back.

I'm just loving this!! And after only 24hrs now!! I'm feeling so free from the stinky ashtray!! I'm only 34 and smoking since 18. I thought I was nuts but my lunch tasted so good today! Could my tastebuds already be improving? WOW! :clap:

Thats a great idea as far as diluting your current juice. Buy some with lower nic to add to it... that way you arent sacrificing the flavor by adding just PG or VG. 26mg is considered 'high' at most any vendor that I'm aware of... so maybe grab some 12-14mg and go that route. It's really up to you and your nic likings! :thumbsup:

By the way... does the bottle just say 'High' on it?

If so, I would guess its probably somewhere between 24-36mg, otherwise 36 or Higher mg is typically 'Extra High' from what I've seen. I started out at 36mg and quickly felt that it was more than I needed and dropped to 24mg. And now, after over a year and settling in at 18 mg, I have dropped again to somewhere in the 10-12mg range and found it's working great. I pretty much found that I HAD to drop my nic level like I did because I vape pretty much constantly throughout the day... and found myself feeling 'nic sick' at times. I just enjoy vaping too much... and of course since I can sit right in my office and vape w/o fear of reprimand, I am taking in much more nic than the old 'smoke break' days. Your body will quickly tell you if you are getting too much nic... if so, it's time to drop your level a bit.:thumbsup:

Edited by BirdDog
Staff Edit.

Yes diluting is easy to do. you can use a similar flavor or even combine with a different flavor.

For a quick fix- until you can get some lower nicotine liquid ( really recommend VT store--great flavors and quality). You can get some glycerin from any local pharmacy (even walmart). pharmaceutical grade glycerin, usually sold in the form of skin protectant, works great. it's a Vegetable glycerine and has a slightly sweet taste. I know, I know-- 'skin protectant'--but glycerin has many, many, many uses and one of them is vaping.

Using VG will dilute your flavor a bit, but it will dilute the nicotine a bit. If you are getting a 'buzz', The nicotine strength may be a bit much. I currently love 18mg/ml, was a 1 1/2 pack smoker.

BTW: Congrats on your new VT banner !!! 1 day and change. animier.gif

Edited by kitsune

PG = Propylene Glycol

VG = Vegetable Glycerin

They are used as bases for e-liquids... you can buy it with or w/o nicotine.

I would buy some plain PG or VG to thin your stuff down till you prefer it.

You can buy VG at many drug stores and walmart type stores... typically in the Beauty section I think.

Its actually used a skin protectant, etc. I dont know where to buy PG except for online... many vendors sell both and are quite cheap. Remember that the PG is much thinner than VG... so decide what you need by looking at how thick your juice already is.

Of course Beans and her mad typing skills beat my cclumbsy fingers. :thumbsup:

My guess is that since you are knew to vaping you are probably hitting it a lot...like we all do when new juices arrive, etc. It will more than likely slow a tad when the new wears off... maybe. :thumbsup:

On a side note:

If you guys find that your 510 batteries arent lasting you long enough and you are constantly charging them.... keep the "eGo"/"Riva"/"Tornado"/etc. in mind as your next unit. (they come in all sorts of names due to the fact there are knock-offs abound.) The great thing is all of your 510 'stuff' will work on the eGo batteries. You are basically just upgrading to a much better battery that will provide a more consistent 'hit' throughout its battery life. They dont tend to drop off nearly as quick as the small stick type batts do. So, it will feel like its providing a 'fully charged battery hit', for a lot longer time before dropping off. Just something to keep in mind for the future.

Thanks for the good info, my wife is finding she is getting a pretty satisfied consistency with her "KIT" however for me, cause I smoked a little more and bigger drags than her, I find the consistency does drop after about an hour on my 510. Good thing it came with the 2 batteries etc. So I'm interested in more info of the right step up for me to get a longer life as I'm puffing on this thing allot throughout the day. I'm on Day 4 of no smoking which rocks! and I don't wanna even consider crapping out. ;)

Hopefully I don't have to order a whole new model of E-Cig?? Just a better battery unit as you said??

Cheers bro.

Day 4 :animier: Your doing fantastic! If you want to try a bigger batt, you can always buy just a single eGo battery to try. Just remember to pick up a charger too. It won't cost you an arm and a leg that way. Congrats on your success!

Yep, what Beans said! Grab up a 1000 mah eGo battery for around $20-$25 (or 2 if you were smart that way you had one while the other was charging) and a USB Rapid Charger for the eGo battery... you are set then. Any 510 attys or cartos you have will screw right on this unit and you will see what I mean when talking about the differences in the two batts! :thumbsup:

Congrats !!! love the banner thumbsup.gif

Like they said--eGo is the way to go. The eGo can be charged with the 510 charger, if you have the one that has the threads at the end (some you have to insert the 510 into the charger--hope that makes sense). But the eGo charger will charge the battery faster.