I Fried Both My Ego Batterys.

• 2 years later...

Well I can say my Ego was great for about 38 days then it fried or something...wont charge..just sits there and blinks...clicking 5 times doesnt turn off..clicking 10 times doesnt do anything...but it does flash...3 flashes and thats it. Not sure if this is fixable..still checking around. I was using 1.8ohm single coil cartomizers...but I do love long drawn out hits. Is that what happened? Should I switch back up to 2.5 or 2.2 and run lower volts if I want long drawn out hits? Or just switch over to a better style/manufacturer of battery?

Well I can say my Ego was great for about 38 days then it fried or something...wont charge..just sits there and blinks...clicking 5 times doesnt turn off..clicking 10 times doesnt do anything...but it does flash...3 flashes and thats it. Not sure if this is fixable..still checking around. I was using 1.8ohm single coil cartomizers...but I do love long drawn out hits. Is that what happened? Should I switch back up to 2.5 or 2.2 and run lower volts if I want long drawn out hits? Or just switch over to a better style/manufacturer of battery?

Are you sure its the battery and not the charger?

Cant say for sure...but I tried the old battery on a family members charger and it still wouldnt charge. The charger is just as old..are they likely to fail? Same one that came with the ego kit from Veteran Vapor. The charger's light is also still on red...also to note I have the 2 part charger...wall plug and then usb straight (no cord) plug.

I got on the site to check the warranty information which states only 21 days...conveniently. Wouldn't really be any point in reading another seller reply "I thank you for your patronage but unfortunately your battery is no longer in warranty". I did go down to the local vape shop and pick up a smaller emergency backup battery and ordered a new main Vision Spinner VV from sweet-vapes.com. Hopefully this one last longer but then later I seen it had only a 14 day warranty so that got me thinking...why are these warranties so short lol...no confidence in these products and the supposed "500" charges? I'll cross my fingers this next one lasts alot longer.

You drew the short straw and got a batt that didnt last long. I have ego batts that are over 2 years old that still work and Ive had some that lasted about 2 weeks. Like we say a lot on the forum, "QC isnt that great in China". :)

• 2 weeks later...

... Hopefully this one last longer but then later I seen it had only a 14 day warranty so that got me thinking...why are these warranties so short lol...no confidence in these products and the supposed "500" charges? I'll cross my fingers this next one lasts alot longer.

Well you have have to understand what "500 charges" actually means. Usually this refers to the actual battery inside the PV. The battery itself is seldom what goes bad, it's the electronics.

Although I have no experience with them, this company has a sub forum on ECF and has been around for years.

http://www.greenhouseone.com/eGo-C-Twist-1100mAh-Battery-w-5-Click-Protection-p/egoct.htm

Guarantee

At Greenhouse One, we offer a hassel-free 30 day money-back guarantee on all of our products. If you are not 100% satisfied with your order, we will issue you a full refund (excluding shipping) – no questions asked.

Warranty

We offer a 1 year warranty on these batteries. If they malfunction or stop working within this time frame, Greenhouse One will replace them for you, no questions asked.

Sure sounds sweet. :)

• 5 months later...

i had both of my ego batts do something weird about the time the 30 day warranty ran out. neither will charge, even though the charger lights don't indicate a malfunction. i have been buying replacement parts because madvapes doesn't want to replace them because it was a few days after 30 day warranty expired that this happened. i have filed a complaint with them today because even the new batt i got a few days ago will not charge. new usb charge cords didn't help either. anybody else know what i am talking about? is there something i am not doing right? seems like a lot of money to throw out the window. and now i have nic-fits again. i am kind of new to the vaping scene and could use some commiseration and info. thanks!

Painter

Not likely the batteries both died. Are you prone to screwing your tank on tight?

Both the charger end and the battery end have a center post that compresses and over time wont make connection. Use a needle to gently pry up the center posts of the battery and charger. GENTLY!

Also make sure you clean the top of your battery and the charger regularly INCLUDING THE THREADS. Give it a shot.