I Fried Both My Ego Batterys.

so ive been using the ego-t for a few weeks now and decided to try the boge lr 2.0 ohm cartomizers. I filled one up and it worked great for awhile good flavor and vapor, then it got a horrible scorched taste and it stopped working. the ego battery light blinked a few times so i just thought it was dead, i screw the cartomizer on my other fully charged battery and take a draw and the battery decides to stay on so i had to unscrew the carto really quickly. Well now i have two dead ego batterys and no way to vape. The charger wont charge either of them. Was it just a bad carto? Im out almost 40$ and SERIOUSLY dont want that to happen again, the carto was great for awhile but now im scared to even put one on a new battery. ughhhhh so much money wasted so fast :thumbsdown:

the cartomizer box says 510D 2.0ohm. What does that D mean? did i get sent the wrong ones?

I have never heard of that. :question: Could your batteries be the 5 click protected kind? Try clicking your eGo buttons 5 times really fast. and check back.

I have heard of this, but very rare. Many people are using the Boge 2ohm cartos on the eGo without issue. I've heard that the eGo batteries do have a reset on them... click the button 10 times. If that doesn't help, I would contact the supplier.

10 clicks isnt working on either batt. One of the batterys automatically starts to fire when the threads start to grab. the other one will blink 4 times then nothing. but it will only blink if its attatched to an atty, if i click the button when nothings attatched i cant get it to light up.

knox- I never heard of this, something doesn't seem right- Did you try contacting nicostix to see if they have any ideas? Maybe it's the batteries that are bad and not the carto? So sorry this happened to you

.... WELL DUDE I DID THE SAME THING....

thats why i upgraded, fried both ego batterys (650 and 900mah)using a 2.0 LR atty....i have had my screwdriver now 6 months and have had 0 issues, all i use is LR cartos and attys. I felt i wasted $70 on my ego kit when i could of got a screwdriver same cost, and my replacement batterys are only $8 and i still havent needed a second.

Electric stix should warranty the batterys for you, but buy a USB pass through to always be safe

well thanks for the advice guys.. I didnt contact electronicstix because i was using a LR carto i thought it may void the warranty of the battery, come to think of it they might have replaced them but its alright. i already ordered some batts from liberty flights since their san diego location is a 5 minute drive from my house i get it shipped really fast. if it happens again and a carto or atty or something wrecks my batterys im just going to buy a mod. the provari looks and sounds amazing, but i need to start saving! :)

I agree with Egoluvr, contact them, the 510D's are LR's and you can use them on the Ego, the last ones I ordered didnt say LR on the package, but when I contacted them, they told me that they are LR's. They are very nice honest people that take care of their customers :thumbsup:

Yeah this is a problem, I've had to replace some ego batts before after someone used a LR regular atty on them. Ppl have reported that LR regular attys are killing the mosfet switch circuit from over voltage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have mainly used the same two batteries that came with my kit about 2-3 months ago. (I am using tapatalk on my iPhone so I can't see my counter at the moment- so if someone would give me an update on my days w/o analogs and money saved, that would be awesome!!-

I just recently purchased an eGo-T battery, and just in time because one of my originals started fouling up. I also ordered LR attys with my last purchase and have used them exclusively since. So far no issues.

As far as the other battery, I noticed that it wasn't charging. When I screwed it on to the charger, the charge light would turn red but the battery wouldn't flash. I could push the button a couple of times while charging and it would flash, but it was hit or miss with an atty attached and had very short lifespan. Also just noticed the other day when I was trying to charge it that it was extremely hot to the touch.

I had never heard of the 10 click reset, I just tried it a minute ago. I will see if the battery gets hot again here in a few.

Is there any way to rebuild a battery?

Also, I have read where peoples attys didn't last very long. So far I haven't had one of my four go bad, and I generally do not trade them out so one of them is always getting a lot of use. I haven't ever cleaned one either, not noticing any issues yet. Is that out of the ordinary??

Still getting a little warm. I don't think that is normal. I am about to hit the sack, so I am going to take it off the charger......don't want to have it turn into a foaming projectile while I am sleeping!!!! I will try to charge again when I can keep my eye on it the entire time.

You're at 87 days, $518.63 and 1743 analogs avoided. :)

My eGo batteries get quite hot just before they're finished charging. It surprised me the first time I noticed it.

As for attys, it's hit and miss. I've had some last a couple of months, others just a few days. On average, I'm getting 2-4 weeks mostly. I don't clean mine either and generally just use one atty most of the time until it dies.

You're at 87 days, $518.63 and 1743 analogs avoided. :)

My eGo batteries get quite hot just before they're finished charging. It surprised me the first time I noticed it.

As for attys, it's hit and miss. I've had some last a couple of months, others just a few days. On average, I'm getting 2-4 weeks mostly. I don't clean mine either and generally just use one atty most of the time until it dies.

Thank you Sir!!!

Thanks again for all you do here!!!

HAHAHAHA just saw my post from the iphone last night.............That was supposed to be a "FLAMING" projectile...........not foaming!!! :) I guess neither would be good though. Dang auto-correct.

It's worth pointing out that the word "eGo battery" covers a variety of products - many not "eGos"! Some eGo style batteries will not cope with LR atties and the mosfets in the battery will be damaged, I have also come across others (eg vGo batteries) which will detect an LR atty and refuse to work with it. Even with real Janty/Joye eGo batteries I would advise using batteries bigger than 650mah to give the battery a bit of "room to cope". I've used very low resistance atties with big Janty eGo batteries (eg a Cisco 1.5ohm 306) and had no problems, but you are to an extent "pushing your luck"

• 4 weeks later...

10 clicks isnt working on either batt. One of the batterys automatically starts to fire when the threads start to grab. the other one will blink 4 times then nothing. but it will only blink if its attatched to an atty, if i click the button when nothings attatched i cant get it to light up.

that happened to mine ....won't charge either..and they have a kind of melting smell to them...I had to replace them...

A battery can fry out of several reasons. The wall mount adapter might be broke, or even the charge adapter can get a broken wire and it all will conduct to a short circuit than can brake the battery. I would recommend you to change them one by one... first the atomizer, as you mentioned something about that and then the wall mount and so..

The exact same thing happened to me. Riva 750 bats and a Boge 2.0 cartomizer. While using the unit i did notice the cartomizer getting rather hot, then the bat stopped working. thinking that the bat was dead, needing a charge, i switched to another bat. Laid it down a while then noticed smoke coming out of the mouthpiece on the cartomizer. Tried to use the unit and got nothing. After checking, both bats were dead/bad. Out of warranty bats so i just threw them and the offending cartomizer away. Am rethinking the quality of Boge's since it is obvious that the one i had developed a direct short. Really don't understand how that could happened. Must have fried the switch on the bats creating a direct short.

Forced me to order a new E-Power 18650! Darn!

• 4 weeks later...

ProBeard has it right IMHO. Without going into techo terms (ohms, resistance, electrical circuits diploma thing) I've run down to 1.7 on the Egos simply due to a light and short draw. The mosfet is not designed for longevity hits on the LR stuff. For those persons who collapsed an analog with heavy draws when smoking.....this simply will not do on the Ego regulated switch.

It's akin to revving a 4 cylinder motor to red line while driving. It'll take it for a while, or it may bust on the first maximum. Easy and sweet will get you there just fine at 1.7...... but 1.5 is pushing it to the limit. If your accelerating or drawing too long, or too hard, it will fail.

Feather the accelerator and steady as she goes with the Ego mosfet. It will take hold, and last a long time.

Edited by maverick

ProBeard has it right IMHO. Without going into techo terms (ohms, resistance, electrical circuits diploma thing) I've run down to 1.7 on the Egos simply due to a light and short draw. The mosfet is not designed for longevity hits on the LR stuff. For those persons who collapsed an analog with heavy draws when smoking.....this simply will not do on the Ego regulated switch.

It's akin to revving a 4 cylinder motor to red line while driving. It'll take it for a while, or it may bust on the first maximum. Easy and sweet will get you there just fine at 1.7...... but 1.5 is pushing it to the limit. If your accelerating or drawing too long, or too hard, it will fail.

Feather the accelerator and steady as she goes with the Ego mosfet. It will take hold, and last a long time.

exactly.