Considering First Electronic Cigarette

Austin

I'm considering switching to electronic cigarettes, but I'm not sure which would be right for me.

I'm considering the M401. If anyone has any experiences with them, could you tell me what you thought of it? Are there any reasons not to buy this particular model? If so, what are some similar alternatives? I'm a regular smoker (about a pack a day or less). From what I've read it's of decent quality and hold around a 2 hour battery life.

Also, I'm not sure what suppliers and reliable and ship to where I live (I'm in Canada).

I'm considering:

dietsmokes.com

truesmoker.com and

litecigusa.net

Are any of them unreliable or do not ship to Canada? Thanks so much.

Welcome to the forum Austin. Very glad that you have decided to make the switch. The M401 is one of the older models on the market. I have not tried the M401 but it was very popular, at one time, before the 510 hit the scene. If you are looking for a model to just help you quit and really don't plan on taking it any further than that then the M401 would probably work for you. If it is a lifestyle change you want to make then I am going to suggest the Joye eGo.

The eGo has a much longer battery life than the M401 stick battery. You should get 4-6 hours from one battery, depending on how much you will be vaping. With the eGo your atomizer and cartomizers options are endless it also includes the new tank system. The eGo uses the 510 model of atomizers and cartomizers.

I have ordered from Litecig and dietsmokes. Both are good suppliers. I would email them and confirm that they will ship to Canada. I have not ordered from Truesmoker and I did try and go to the site today and it was unavailable.

You may want to look around the forum a bit and check out the other suppliers here. Good luck.

It seems truesmoker has been down for quite some time apparently, so there's no reason to go for the M401 (I was looking at the Dragon) and after a little more research I've decided I'll probably go for the Joye 510. I'd go for the eGo but I don't find the look too appealing. Thanks a lot guys!

The 510 is a good place to get started. just make sure you have extra batteries and atomizers. the battery life is about 2 hours (less if you vape heavily).

Most (if not all) suppliers carry 510 products. if down the road you decide to try the ego, the 510 atomizers work with both.

I started with the 510 and it worked great.

If you want my opinion you will probably get tired of having to recharge and/or carry extra batteries all the time and should just spend the extra few bucks. Mikeusa.com has ego kits for $47 and if you just want a single one (which is all i have and i have no problems vaping about 4ml a day) you can pick up a ego passthrough for $17 an atty for $7.99 and 30ml of juice for $8.99. Mike is very reliable and does ship to Canada.

I plug my passthrough in when I go to and then wake up and go all day without being stuck with a dead battery. I have even forgot to charge it and made it through most of the next day. The passthrough is really the way to go if you ask me and like I said its only $17 at mikeusa.com. Hope you find what works for you.

Edited by turtle11c

I started with a 510, and am still using it, but I quickly decided I wanted an ego..... I ordered a knockoff - a FS Ego, mypvshop.com has them for $30 (with coupon ECF10)

Bummer is that the battery has a 5 second cutoff, but for that price I couldn't pass it up!

~Lazy

I got over the look and feel of the ego not being like a regular cig in exactly one second, it doesn't matter as much as one would think, and the much MUCH longer battery life is well worth it, you can get a genuine eGo kit from puresmoker.com for about 50 bucks. The real dilema is in finding an e-liquid, i've spent about 3 times as much on liquid as i did on the ecig itself, and have only come up with 3 that i like so far.

Jon

I have a couple more questions. I've only ever ordered online before from eBay, and I've only used Paypal. However these sites ask for a "billing address", which I set at my shipping address. How does billing work with these sites? Where/when do you pay for the order?

Yes, you can use your debit card(at least as far as I know). the billing address is the address your card statement is sent to--usually the same as your shipping address. 'The amount is taken directly from your credit card or debit account.

you can also use the visa gift cards if it won't accept your debit. can get those at most grocery stores or walmart.

I started with the 510 and have since switched to the ego. I really like not having to carry around several batteries. Now 1 ego battery lasts my whole 9 hour day away from the house. I wish I would have started with the ego. I would suggest that you purchase at least 3 batteries if you choose a model with a short battery life. I had two 510 batteries and they did not last all day. There were many times that I would break down and buy a pack of cigs since my batteries were dead.

I have to agree with the majority and say, go with the eGo. I have only been vaping a short relative while, but have spent literally hundreds of dollars only to find out that I could've spent about 50 bucks and have been good to go. I've gone through Blu cigs, Safe cigs, and 0084 from lalla boutiques, a 510 tank system, and now only use my eGo. I bought a passthrough eGo for twenty bucks, and have barely looked at the rest of the stuff mentioned above since. You really just can't beat the value, and battery, and compatibility. You'll get over the difference in feel pretty quickly, but I had to make my own mistakes and not listen to the people on this forum, before I finally broke down and gave the eGo a try. good luck.