sorry, being a newbie, I don't know how to quote :blush: ... but I was interested in the same thing, and have the same apprehensions about pm'ing someone.

I think it looks an awful lot like a glue pen, too.. or a highlighter. Anyone try making their own yet? Looks like you could almost wash out the ink from one and refill it with juice (?) hmmmmm, might hafta try that

Wow, I think it's kind of dirty of you guys talking about stealing someone's idea and stuff. You guys are talking about someone who is just small potatoes, a user trying to scrape a few bucks, by coming out with an idea and making it available.

It's a cut throat world, ain't it? :huh:

Thank God, I warned her about this kind of thing when I first heard about the E-dobit. I hope she got a patent for it.

Edited by bizzyb0t

The thing is I don't know who the user is. I'd be more than happy to purchase some to give out here, that and do a review of it.

Besides it's only a gluepen filled with eliquid. Stealing the idea is like saying I can't purchase an empty lotion bottle because Vaseline uses it.

The thing is I don't know who the user is. I'd be more than happy to purchase some to give out here, that and do a review of it.

Besides it's only a gluepen filled with eliquid. Stealing the idea is like saying I can't purchase an empty lotion bottle because Vaseline uses it.

Well, here is the lady who came up with the original idea: http://www.e-cigaret...rs/nutttso.html

I'm waiting for mine to come in, don't know how they're made but it just seems a bit mean to just go and steal someone's thunder. That's all I'm saying. I'm not an authority on patents and intellectual copyright or anything, just sharing my opnion. And while the materials themselves may be somewhat common, the idea for the application of the materials and the combination as such, for using it with e-cigs, is original.

It just bugs me that the first thing people do when they see a new idea is try to copy it. This fraking country is so fraked because of the fact we don't make anything original anymore.

And I respect that completely. I doubt she will be able to patent the device itself unless she makes some changes but I think she could really make some cash if she did. Either way a simple online store with a PayPal hook up could bring her in some extra cash as well some recognition. I'll PM her a message later this week and purchase a few.

And I respect that completely. I doubt she will be able to patent the device itself unless she makes some changes but I think she could really make some cash if she did. Either way a simple online store with a PayPal hook up could bring her in some extra cash as well some recognition. I'll PM her a message later this week and purchase a few.

She's been working on the web store I think, she sounds busy so I'm assuming the major demand and constant PM's have been a mad rush to keep up with. :wacko:

I'm curious to see how it works with liquid cut with VG though... I wonder if it'll be too thick. I need mad vapor, so I vape 50/50 VG/e-liquid :P

Saw the one you posted, looks great. How well is it working out ?

It works nicely. It could use more thinking on my part to make it better. I don't really take my e-cigs with me when I leave home, a habit that has carried over from my analog days.

I will admit that I am lazy. After I was done with making that applicator I realized I already had something that was better. I have these small bottles that I use to oil my guns with. The tips on these bottles are made for dropping oil in hard to reach places. We used them in our print shop. I am guessing the tips are aluminum and it measures about 1.5" long. The tip is very fine, like a syringe needle. Here is the lazy part, it fits into the hole of the cartridge. I don't have to take the cartridge off to drip any more, and unlike using a syringe I don't need to draw the fluid into first. The tip is not pointy so there is no risk of sticking myself.

So far that seems to work out well for me. The down side is that it isn't portable, I don't have any caps for the ends. I don't know where we got these little bottles from, they probably came with our presses. I am sure you can pick them up at a hardware store or maybe even a shop that sells sewing machines and supplies.

Well, here is the lady who came up with the original idea: http://www.e-cigaret...rs/nutttso.html

I'm waiting for mine to come in, don't know how they're made but it just seems a bit mean to just go and steal someone's thunder. That's all I'm saying. I'm not an authority on patents and intellectual copyright or anything, just sharing my opnion. And while the materials themselves may be somewhat common, the idea for the application of the materials and the combination as such, for using it with e-cigs, is original.

It just bugs me that the first thing people do when they see a new idea is try to copy it. This fraking country is so fraked because of the fact we don't make anything original anymore.

I know your post is not directed at any 1 person and I understand where you are coming from. Crocs are good example, it didn't take long before cheap copies hit the stores. But there are a lot of DIY people, who like to make their own, for their own use, and it basically cost nothing. Not everybody is going to want to manufacture and sell these. There are more people in this world that would rather have someone else make it for them and they are willing to spend the money.

If anyone is going to come up with an idea, I highly suggest they keep it to themselves and if they decide to share it before marketing/selling, make them sign a confidentiality agreement. Her mistake was allowing someone to post a YouTube video. We live in America, a free enterprise system with (so we are told) no monopolies. He who moves the fastest makes the money.

I am not sure if she could have patented the idea. It looks like her product is made from existing patented products. That really is a good question.

I really do understand what your point is. It would be great if every single idea was not copied at the original inventors/designers expense. I wish the originator the best and I hope she makes money.

I personally like the DIY stuff people do, though I would gladly buy one of these gadgets from her if she got a store up and running. Heck, I'm sure these things would be popular enough that one of the current distributers out there might be interested in buying them in bulk from her to sell off their sites.

Sound's to me like it is her fault for not thinking before she speaks. What did she think was going to happen when "word" got out of it, specially if there's no sort of patent or anything over it. No offense or anything, I'm just saying that it seemed very "intelectually poor" or "dumb" on her part for telling people about it before having some sort of rights to it. I guess she has this as a learing experience though, that way if she ever comes up with something reeeeaaaaallllyyyyy good, she will know what to do to get her money. :D