Drip Tip: Please Explain

Blakeab84

I've been getting a burnt taste with using cartridges and after watching videos by Christopher I've learned that it's because of the noobie cartridges.

I've been a bit interested in drip tips. Can someone please explain exactly what they are for and how they work?

Thanks

The drip tip is a mouth piece that sits on top of the atomzizer. It replaces the cartridge mouth piece. It has a large hole and allows you to direct drip on the atomizer without having to remove the mouth piece. I really recommend getting one. If you are using a 510 atomizer you want one that fits a 510.

Drip tip example

Another example

The liquid ends up down on the atomizer. You might get "juiced" if you over drip. It is a good idea to hit the button on the battery and when you hear the atomizer or cartomizer crackle then put the tip in your mouth for the draw. Another suggestion is to blow across the top of the tip, like a making a pop bottle whistle, it will push the liquid to the atomizer. You should only use 2-3 drops when dripping. You get about 7-10 draws before having to re-drip. You will know when to re-drip when the vapor drops and/or the flavor.

If you vape a lot and find dripping to be a pain, you should try the Boge cartomizer. Drip trips work well on these too.

I vape alot and dripping has just become a vital part of my routine. Dripping is my sweet spot. I just drip 2 drops through the drip tip, right after I drip I give a gentle blow to the drip tip to avoid getting juice in my mouth.

yes, you do have to drip a small amount more frequently to keep from flooding the atomizer and prevent leaking.

Its worth giving a try.

If that doesn't work for you cartomizers or the ego tank are another alternative.

The best part about vaping is there are so many options for individual vaping needs.

Thanks for the replys! I've ordered Cartomizers from VaporKings and I've ordered the Delrin drip-tip from Liberty-Flights.

I guess it will take me actually trying them out before I ever get suited with my own style of vaping. I'll let you all know how it goes.

drip tips can also be used to drip your e-liquid into the cartomizer. you place the drip tip on top of your cartomizer and you never have to refill it. you just drip into it.

Not really the best way to top off when you are ready... you are trying to avoid the center airway if at all possible.

The drip tip just lines that up for a perfectly straight shot. I'd say to still 'pop the top' so you can then drip down the inside of the carto... but that's just me. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

Blake,

You can put your drip tip on your cartomizer (just remove the plug and replace with the drip tip :) ) and then when your carto is running low, drip down the inside edge of the drip tip to top off the carto.

Ooops, was on page 1 thought I was on page 2 and missed the above posts.

Don't drip directly through the drip tip into the carto; drip so the juice will run down the inside of the drip tip. Or as Day points out, just pull the drip tip off and top off.

Edited by TomCatt

Today I received my 510 Delrin C, and man do I like this better. I actually get the full taste, vapor and no more leaking cartridges.

Thanks for the help everyone, this drip-tip has made my experience with e-cigs way more hassle free.

Personally, I love the drip tips, just because I prefer to not have the heat of the cartomizer burning my lips. I like V4L's cool carts for the same reason,..smoked many years,..and transitioned well to vaping, didn't mind the "warm-up",..but now, I really enjoy the feel of the drip tips,..even if I don't "drip". I do refill my cart, and replace the tip. Just feels nice to me,..you really should try it,..you might find the same thing.