Weight Loss And Vaping

dearne

I really dont no if I have posted this in the right place but...

over the last few weeks i have read a bit about people loosing weight since they started vaping

is this true/ possible and if so how??

Is it due to less toxins for the body to break down or is it due to being able to taste food better so eating less

or is it none of these?

Not a clue..... I managed to gain 30 pounds. I know I didn't increase my eating, but still managed to gain weight. I read several articles once upon a time that chemicals in cigarettes did cause an increase in metabolism. or maybe its just that I no longer had to walk forever to find a place to smoke......

every time I quit smoking in the past I would start to put on weight--when I restarted smoking I would lose weight ....wallbash.gif Gotta love big tobacco.

Over all the pros of vaping out weigh a bit weight gain--at least I can breath better (and I no longer stink of cigarette smoke)

It really does vary person to person. For me, I am also reaching the dreaded menopause, plus thyroid issues. More than one issue led to weight gain. Just happened to quit smoking at the same time. However, I now can workout without being short of breath.

There are plenty of people that had no weight changes, many even lost weight.

I gained about 7 pounds since I quit. Normally I'd be upset but now since I can breath so well I don't care anymore, I can goto the gym and work out now. Also past quits were much worse on me with anywhere between 10-25 pounds. Cigarettes do contain appetite suppressants as well as speeds up your metabolism. Gaining weight is just part of the process. Please dont feel bad if you've gained.

I've stayed the same weight. But I can run easier. Over the summer, I plan to kick up the run training (Detroit Half-Marathon on Oct 16) and will hopefully see improvements in strength, speed, etc. This will be a better summer for it as in years passed because I won't be smoking icky sticks.

It really does vary person to person. For me, I am also reaching the dreaded menopause, plus thyroid issues. More than one issue led to weight gain. Just happened to quit smoking at the same time. However, I now can workout without being short of breath.

There are plenty of people that had no weight changes, many even lost weight.

I can echo Kit here. I have gained but I feel so much better I can walk further and I do smell better too.

Okay, it looks like I might be in the minority. I have lost 30 pounds. I went to the doctor on Thursday and they weighed me and she had to push the weight to the left this time instead of the right. First time in a long time. I had blood work done and all that stuff and they didn't find anything wrong so I can only attribute to a change in my life style and the only thing that has changed is I am vaping now instead of smoking. Maybe it's all the water I'm drinking and that is keeping me full but the weight is off nonetheless.

Okay, it looks like I might be in the minority. I have lost 30 pounds. I went to the doctor on Thursday and they weighed me and she had to push the weight to the left this time instead of the right. First time in a long time. I had blood work done and all that stuff and they didn't find anything wrong so I can only attribute to a change in my life style and the only thing that has changed is I am vaping now instead of smoking. Maybe it's all the water I'm drinking and that is keeping me full but the weight is off nonetheless.

:animier: Congrats that's wonderful! :animier:

I have actually lost a few since i started. I don't want to eat as often. I get a bad peppery taste if I vape after eating. Unlike analogs, where I would eat to get rid of the taste of them. Here's a video I found that talks about using vaporizers as a diet tool. Interesting, take what you will from it. :)

Interesting. I have lost a little but i am pretty sure it's stress related. I do find myself vaping my breakfast but i used to smoke it so not much difference there.

I always thought the weight gain people experienced when they quit smoking was because of the need for the 'hand to mouth' fixation? So, instead of picking up a cigarette, they would use food as a crutch to fill that oral fixation need. I remained the same when I switched to vaping from smoking... but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm a little better than a month into vaping and lost maybe a pound or 2, whereas whenever i tried to quit smoking cigs i gained a LOT from shoveling food into my mouth. don't need to substitute food for cigs while vaping, and vaping all these food flavors feels like eating, and i vape so much i forget to eat :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

Kind of lost track posting in this thread but an update. As of this morning I am down a total of 48.4 lbs and am at my lowest weight in over a decade!

Only 40 more lbs to my final goal!

Self high five! 👋👋

Edited by bcartervol98

Kind of lost track posting in this thread but an update. As of this morning I am down a total of 48.4 lbs and am at my lowest weight in over a decade!

Only 40 more lbs to my final goal!

Self high five!

I think you meant to post in this thread :)