Wrong Product

barkerb49

needless to say i am not happy. for starters yes i saw the little description before i purchased my JOYE ego saying you probably wont get the box. i was fine with that and with a disclaimer like that i had no expectation of getting the box. what i would have liked would have been the actual product i purchased! i was sent a Janty ego instead. same thing you say... maybe but when i spend $70.00 i want the product i paid for! no instruction manual? so what do i do now? i send an email and hope someone responds? anyone else have this problem?

I *believe* that Joye and Janty are the same product (someone will correct me if I'm wrong :) ). That said, we have to understand that the suppliers we order from are dependent on the manufacturers (mostly Chinese) that supply them. Thus its a bit disconcerting to receive something other than what you ordered, but I can readily understand how that can happen.

You didn't say who you ordered from, but if its a reputable vendor, a phone call or email to them should result in some adjustment being made.

As for instructions, I often receive none or get them in Chinese, which for me, is about the same thing. That's one reason so many folks use forums like this, at least we can exchange information and tips and share what information we've learned by trial and error.

If you tell us specifically what items you received we can certainly help you out getting started. (Batteries, atomizers, cartridges, cartomizers, chargers, etc.) The people here are happy to help any way that they can, and the community as a whole has a wealth of accumulated knowledge.

Welcome aboard!

Nice job ripple, Iwas just posting the same thing.

I have 5 kits and have never received any instructions from any vendor. I don't know, but I never got worried. Let your batts charge for 8 hours the first time then vape and charge as needed. PS all my kits are identical except for the logo. Many Many vendors have their own logos added even though they were made at the same factory. I don't think you got ripped off, but that is my opinion. You didn't add where your kit came from, but $70 is a fair price for the product. You can usually return it if you bought it from a good vendor.

i believe they are the same also. just labeled differently. its more of the fact that when i spend hard earned money on something i want what i paid for. you see all these you tube videos of people with their fancy boxes and instructions manuals. apparently we cant get anything that nice. would it be too hard to drop a letter in the package or email that says, "sorry we didn't have the Joye ego available but here is the exact same thing?" rather than what looks like an attempt to pull one over on the buyer. to answer your question it was purchased through the vapor talk store. as far as i can tell i see no phone number to call just email. product i ordered was the joye ego starter kit as said before from the vapor talk store. i got all the "parts" just nothing like what you see in their video review as far as presentation goes as well as missing intructions, not the joye ego, no carrying case, and no box.

I just read the site...Did you not get

x 2 eGo 510 Standard Atomizers

x 2 651 mah batteries

x 2 eGo atomizer cone/covers

x 1 USB charger

x 1 pack cartridges

As well as this..* If retail box kits are unavailble a velvet kit is hand packed and subsituted. (No difference

Feel free to go to the store site and contact them... They are NOT trying to rip off anyone.

VT stands behind their products as well as have the BEST customer service......

Try to relax and just send them a message. They will get back to you.

Edited by Beans

That is one of the pitfalls of looking for the cheapest price.All suppliers have to pay the same price for this stuff from pretty much the same wholesalers .To be able to offer lower prices to the consumer they have to leave out something or sell you a knockoff from another manufacturer.The no box kits are just some bulk batteries,atties/cartos and a charger .It is a good way for someone who is already familiar with vaping to get well stocked ,but not so good for a noobie as you found out.As for Janty Joye Janty thinks this stuff up and Joye builds it for them ,they are usually exclusive Janty for about six months and then Joye can can start selling it under the Joye brand.

yes i received all of those items. as i said in my original post i saw the disclaimer. what i am the most disappointed in is the joye/janty thing. the other little things are more of an annoyance aggravated by recieving a differently "named" product. thanks for all the replies. i did contact them awaiting a response.

I am sure Chris (the site founder and the VT Store Owner) will be along shortly to address your concerns.

I know this is confusing, but Janty is Joye and Joye is Janty so your self stated biggest concern is really something that shouldn't be too big of a concern to you. I know me saying that doesn't make it so, but I am sure Chris will reach out to you shortly.

I can speak to your question would I recommend the VT store!

In a heart beat and its the store I recommend most everytime for those interesting in getting started. The products are very high quality, the customer service exceptional, shipping among the very best.

Chris is a great guy who will bend over backwards, and perhaps sometimes to far to ensure people are satisfied - I believe you will see that very shorty once he gets wind of your concerns. He stands behind the vaping community and is a best practices example of vaping store operations. I have dealt with several at this point and VT Store is the only one I recommend to others when they ask me were to buy.

Barkerb49, please understand I don't see what you are saying as complaining at all. The confusion is perfectly understandable and many of us - including myself - do not know all of this when we first started. When I received my eGo and noticed the Janty logo said what the??? It was explained to me, much the same as its been explained to you.

There is so much to learn when you step into the world of vaping and it can be overwhelming for sure. So please feel free to ask your questions, voice your concerns and know that most of us here have been exactly were you are now.

Now get that eGo on the charger! Trust me it can be a real game changer when you embrace it!

P.S. If you look at my "join date" you will see I am just a couple of months ahead of you, its amazing how quickly you go from a true noob to answering others questions. I hope our responses were helpful to you!

Edited by ripple

thanks for the links, the responses, and others personal experiences. sounds like i need to do less complaining and more vaping!

Barkerb49, That being said....Welcome to VT, as ripple said getting started IS extremely confusing. None of us have anything to base our experience on, were all here charting new territory so to speak. Many of us have been ripped off before.. Me about $350 on green smoke products (IMHO a wate of cash) and another $150 on a Riva clone worth about $45 though it is a great product. We all know smokes, light , full flavored, lighter and many years of practice. This is all confusing. That's why many of us are here. VT has become a second home for many of us (ME) I have learned so much here because of the patients and knowledge of other members as well as Chris MR VT. I promise he only sells the best, and we would all call him on it if he didn't lol. We hate scamers here! Really you can trust VT.

When you approach your quit date/or just quit anxiety and nerves run high and tight. We all get it. Please try out your new eGo. You have questions, we will do our best to help. Good luck :thumbsup:

welcome to VT and vaping, Barberb49, VT is an awesome store. There is so much to learn in the beginning and many helpful people here to answer any questions you have, it is like a family.

Let us know how you are doing :thumbsup:

today looks to be the first full day without a cigarette in a loooong time!

:animier: Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment and a step towards a better life.

i believe they are the same also. just labeled differently. its more of the fact that when i spend hard earned money on something i want what i paid for. you see all these you tube videos of people with their fancy boxes and instructions manuals. apparently we cant get anything that nice. would it be too hard to drop a letter in the package or email that says, "sorry we didn't have the Joye ego available but here is the exact same thing?" rather than what looks like an attempt to pull one over on the buyer. to answer your question it was purchased through the vapor talk store. as far as i can tell i see no phone number to call just email. product i ordered was the joye ego starter kit as said before from the vapor talk store. i got all the "parts" just nothing like what you see in their video review as far as presentation goes as well as missing intructions, not the joye ego, no carrying case, and no box.

I almost freaked out when I received mine because I wasn't aware of joye/janty. From what I can gather Janty was the original, but got Joye to manufacture their product, either way they are labeled they are the same thing, but after receiving my Janty eGo, I was happy to hear I got the original instead.

Happy to hear you got the eGo, I love mine, and Vaportalk is really a great company.

Keep Vaping!

Sorry for the delay :) I did answer your email before I went into my meeting today. I can totally understand why there would be so some confusion.

There are a number of reasons for the hand built kits. One it helps cut costs but usually it's because our shipment has or was seized. We order our kits directly from Joye Tech. When a shipment is seized by the FDA (you'll learn more about this as you vape) we will usually contact an affiliate supplier and hand build the kits. This option tends to be better than being out of stock for another 2-3 weeks. The parts you received are exactly the same as the box kit, just in a velvet bag instead. Velvet kit or Box kit both are under the same warranty. As most here can attest we're probably the most lax on warranties. Everyone who's ever had to order with us knows, when a unit goes defective, we usually ship a new part out very quickly and at no cost to you. (including shipping)

The Joye eGo is probably one of the most popular models. It was created by Janty. If you look on Janty's website (we used to sell under the Janty Brand before we switched directly to Joye Tech) the starter kit is actually more expensive. Though it's the same exact kit. Just with the box. :)

Hope that helps and again we apologize for the confusion.