Has Anyone Tried The New E-Powered Ego?

I just saw it at MadVapes. Its basically an eGo MOD. Takes 14650 rechargeable batts. Other than that, it's an eGo. Yes I know just a MOD you say, but it's only $45 with 2 batts and a charger....I thought it may be a good option for a small budget. Anyone know anything about it? Thanks Beans

A Chinese manufacture......Some of their products, eGo knock offs EGO seem well made with positive reviews. I don't know about the new mod tho.

I just looked at it. It looks just like an eGo but you put batteries in it. they said 1 battery lasts 30 hours and the 2nd lasts 20 hours? they also said in a review the attomizer that comes with it does not give good flavor. I dont know. something to check out I guess.

I just looked at it. It looks just like an eGo but you put batteries in it. they said 1 battery lasts 30 hours and the 2nd lasts 20 hours? they also said in a review the attomizer that comes with it does not give good flavor. I dont know. something to check out I guess.

I don't use attys so I don't mind. I believe Boge cartos will work though.

i think the only things that don't fit are the actual joye products. tank etc. which doesn't make much sense to me since i thought a 510 was a 510 was a 510. it actually looks like a good alternative and i bet the power wouldn't drop off as quickly using rechargeable batteries. good find!

Although plenty of people argue with me, LR cartos and Attys drastically shorten the life of ego batteries. Your welcome to do a study if you would like, I did. But regardless, using protected lithium ion batteries with low resistance causes 0 problems! In that regard it is awesome! Plus replacing the 14650 battery is around 5 bucks, versus the 20 you will pay for an ego battery. Lithium batteries have far better life then mosfet driven batteries, and they are so cheap you can have plenty of spares. I cannot find a con anywhere on this product. I use a roughstack so I wont be buying one, but I could see it as a backup for sure! I doubt you will see any bad reviews on this item. BTW, Madvapes rocks! They love giving free stuff out, and if they mess the order up, you keep the mess up and they sent the right stuff, plus fast shipping and fair prices. They are a great company.

Although plenty of people argue with me, LR cartos and Attys drastically shorten the life of ego batteries. Your welcome to do a study if you would like,

Ive been doing my own study for the past 10 months. I've been using a LR atty on my mega eGo batt 11 hours a day, 4 days a week and have not had 1 issue. :thumbsup:

Regarding the E-Powered eGo, I predict it will fade away much like the Leo. :lol:

Edited by jeffb

Did you have a control group to compare your results to? Peoples experiences always differ and so do preferences, IMO lithium ions rock. I try to be a good person, and be helpful and I would never recommend something that did not work for me. That doesnt make me a blasphemer. Answer me this, if you had ego batteries that would last long periods of time, and had no issues. Then you went to 1.7 ohm attys and fried 3 batteries in a row, in less than a month would you recommend LR on an ego? Feels like people are always attacking me for passing on my experience. I have nothing to gain by not being honest on my experience. But on forums people always consider my advise with a negative tone, not sure why it is. I assure you, I have good intentions, and I am simply trying to help. :rolleyes2:

Did you have a control group to compare your results to? Peoples experiences always differ and so do preferences, IMO lithium ions rock. I try to be a good person, and be helpful and I would never recommend something that did not work for me. That doesnt make me a blasphemer. Answer me this, if you had ego batteries that would last long periods of time, and had no issues. Then you went to 1.7 ohm attys and fried 3 batteries in a row, in less than a month would you recommend LR on an ego? Feels like people are always attacking me for passing on my experience. I have nothing to gain by not being honest on my experience. But on forums people always consider my advise with a negative tone, not sure why it is. I assure you, I have good intentions, and I am simply trying to help. :rolleyes2:

I'm in no way attacking you. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just relaying my personal experience with LR attys on an eGo. I think where you run afoul is making the blanket statement that LR attys drastically reduce the life of an eGo batt. There are many who have had the same experience Ive had with absolutely no problems.

Keep on vaping :thumbsup:

OK, now back to the E-powered eGo

Here's a pic for those who dont know what we are talking about:

E-PowerBlack1copy.jpg

Edited by jeffb

Its a very interesting concept, the eGo styling we all have come to really enjoy with the lower costs of battery replacements.

I might keep and eye on this as an alternative to replacing my eGO batteries over time.

I'm in no way attacking you. Sorry if it came across that way. I was just relaying my personal experience with LR attys on an eGo. I think where you run afoul is making the blanket statement that LR attys drastically reduce the life of an eGo batt. There are many who have had the same experience Ive had with absolutely no problems.

Keep on vaping :thumbsup:

OK, now back to the E-powered eGo

Here's a pic for those who dont know what we are talking about:

E-PowerBlack1copy.jpg

Hey Jeff, I can't remember for sure, but I think I did read that some of the ego 510 products will not fit on this unit. Did you read anything related to this?

Hey Jeff, I can't remember for sure, but I think I did read that some of the ego 510 products will not fit on this unit. Did you read anything related to this?

The only thing that is compatible is the 510 atty. The cone is threaded differently so the eGo tank wont work.

The only thing that is compatible is the 510 atty. The cone is threaded differently so the eGo tank wont work.

Thanks Jeff! That is what I thought I read. That pretty much kills the E-Powered eGo for me. I wonder why they associated the eGo with this unit if only the standard 510 atty is compatible? Just a thought!

Thanks Jeff! That is what I thought I read. That pretty much kills the E-Powered eGo for me. I wonder why they associated the eGo with this unit if only the standard 510 atty is compatible? Just a thought!

The manufacturer is playing off the name since the eGo is so popular. Remember this is not a Joye product it is another manufacturer capitalizing on Joye's development and success.

I think hes talking about the Joye Tech Tank on and not the Map Tank. :)

Tru dat :D

Sine the eGo-T uses the cone threads it will not work on the e-powered fake eGo

I just don't use my tanks... But seeing the larger pic I don't like the way it looks, or the 2 tone....The price isn't bad...maybe Joye tech will have a nicer one. Thanks though guys :thumbsup:

because this uses standard mod batts, does it run at 3.7 volts under load instead of the wimpy 3.3-3.4v egos? If it does I might buy my first ego!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but just because it won't fit ego cones, wouldn't a 510 to 510 adapter work?

I realize I totally screwed up. The EgO -T uses the 510 threads not the cone threads. I would assume the eGo-T would work. My bad sorry for just typing off the top of my head :lol:

( Everyone feel free to give me a -1 for being a doofuss) :vava:

Edited by jeffb