Price Of E-Liquid

goshxii

Hi from a new adopter of electric cigarettes. I just made a second order and got hit with a buyer remorse. Maybe I was too impatient ordering without doing my homework, I don't think I researched suppliers well enough - not sure about quality but the prices are really various, especially for liquid. If we take for example liquids from Vapor King (the ones I ordered) they run at $8.95 per 10ml while looking later at other vendors like Mad Vipes - same but for 3.99, or LiteSigUSA - 4+ for the same amount. They all seem to provide with the same liquid - Dekang, PG and I guess it would be the same source. What causes such difference in prices and does it really reflect the quality. Or I was too quick with ordering and made a mistake? Should I have gone with a cheaper option?

I'm new at this myself, so I'm hardly experienced. However, I have already ordered liquid from 3 different vendors and I can already say, there's not only a difference in price but in quality.

I bought some RY4 from Cignot (Dekang, I believe - label is small and hard to read) along with my Ego-T systems - it's a nice dark yellow color and full of flavor. Cignot's a great company, great service, but prices are a little higher. Their Marlboro is good and strong as well, in my opinion. I ended up liking the little bit of sweetness that RY4 has more than the straight Marlboro. The Marlboro, to me, has a typical harsh cigarette taste.

So like you, I saw Mad Vape's much cheaper prices, so I ordered some RY4 from them. They were out of DeKang, so I ordered their own custom mix. Color is about 10 shades lighter and flavor about 10 times weaker than the RY4 I got from Cignot. Both were 24mg nic strength. So I won't be ordering from Mad Vape's again, unless they get DeKang back in stock. Maybe I got a bad batch, but I didn't care for their liquid at all. Fortunately, I have the other flavors from Cignot, so I am mixing them into the Mad Vape's liquid to use it up and get some flavor out of it. Mad Vape's Root Beer is excellent, however. Think this just goes to show that even from the same company, some flavors can be a hit, while others are a total miss.

So on Saturday AM, I ordered some DeKang from mikeusa.com. It hasn't arrived yet (it's only Monday as I write this) but it's supposed to be genuine DeKang and his prices, including shipping, are cheaper than Cignot. Cignot does give free shipping, I believe, if you order over a certain price point, but I wasn't, so I couldn't take advantage of that - that might have made them equal to or cheaper than Mikeusa if I had ordered enough to qualify for free shipping, but I didn't do the math all the way out. Anyway, like Cignot, I heard from Mike right away that he received my order and 20 minutes later I got another e-mail saying that he had already mailed it out by USPS priority, so I have to say, his service is great, just like Cignot. Will post back when the liquid arrives as to it's quality, but have read posts here that his stuff is good.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up with buyer's remorse. It's all a learning experience. We are all going to make purchases that don't work out so well at some point. Just keep reading reviews here and then, unfortunately, you will just have to buy different things from different vendors until you find a combo of taste/price/service that you like.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, I've learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. I've tried some vendors that provide 30 ml bottles super cheap, but I find their juice to be very unsatisfying.

To your point, Vapor Talk sells 10ml bottles for $7.99. Vapor Kings charges a little more for their juices. Both are very good suppliers, but I just find that I prefer Vapor Talk juices to almost anything I've tried, so it works out well for me. I get great juice at a great price.

I guess my point is, you're going to have to find that right juice for you at the price you like and then go for it. But if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. We all have different tastes. I believe you get something different from each vendor - some good, some not so good. It all depends on your tastes. I don't think the price really has much to do with it. Try a few different flavors from each vendor and decided what you like. It would be nice if you found a cheaper one that you love, but don't let it bother you if it doesn't work out that way. The main thing is to find something you like - that's what will keep you vaping. There have been a lot of good things said about Vapor Renu. They have pretty good prices, too. You might want to check them out.

Good luck!!

Welcome to the forum. As it is said all the time, taste is subjective. There are so many vendors that folks rave about and I put in an order and when I get it find out that I can hardly vape it. I have a lot of juice in my collection right now that I consider not vapeable. But I eill find something to mix it with so I can use it. I guess that is the reason I'm ordering some more stuff to diy. It will be my fault if I can't vape the juice.

My theory is people charge so much for juice because they just love money. Try www.vaporrenu.com. They have 30ml bottles for like 7 bucks, and their fruit, candy, and soda flavored juices are amazing, unless you don't like sweet tastes. The only negative thing I have to say about Vapor Renu is their juices have pretty much NO throat hit, so if you like throat hit, you probably won't be satisfied with their juice.

I would also like to recommend VapeRite(www.vaperite.com). Their juices are very close in flavor to Vapor Renu's, but they have some things Renu doesn't have, and they're a little more expensive(Someone sent me free samples, I didn't actually buy from them so I couldn't tell you how much they charge. I just know they're more expensive than Vapor Renu, as pretty much every juice vendor is). I personally love the Lemonade/Lemon Drop, Blueberry Cheesecake, and Cake Batter. I haven't tried any other juices, but these 3 were AMAZING.

Then there's also www.provape.com. They're pretty expensive too, like 3X the price of Vapor Renu. However, the 3 flavors of theirs that I tried were good. I tried Jamocha Shake, Cheesecake, and RY4. The Cheesecake flavor was a little weak for me, but you can request extra flavor for free. The nice thing about provape is that, at least to me, when I vape their juices, I feel like I'm smoking a cigarette more than I do with any other liquid I've tried.

As far as juice goes, taste varies greatly from one person to another, so a juice one person likes won't necessarily be one that you like. However, don't think that you need to pay a high price to get juice you'll like. Lots of people will tell you that you get what you pay for, but I don't buy that. Vapor Renu is by far my favorite juice vendor, and the Riva costs half of what an Ego will cost you, yet the Riva has higher voltage, higher mah in the standard battery, and the button never gets stuck like it does on the Ego.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

Thank you all for welcome words and advise. The list of things and places to try and buy is growing longer and longer. That would be some surprising discovery for my wife who thought I spent too much on regular cigs and believed me when I reasoned with her that e-cigs is a much cheaper habit... :rolleyes:

Battle with GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) is lost unfortunately. I'm off to order some more :whistle:

Lots of great info in your post, DerStadSchutz, thanks for that.

Promised I would update when I got shipment from Mikeusa. Well, it came about 12:15 today, 48 hours after I placed my order and over the weekend no less. NH to NC. Excellent, can't beat that!

And it's the same DeKang RY4 that I originally got from Cignot. Same dark yellow color, same taste, the real deal. So I'm happy and will definitely order from Mike again.

Well, it seems like the first to try would be Mikeusa, Vaporrenu and Vaporite. I still can't believe that prices may be that different. I would understand 20-30% difference but 3-4 times for the same stuff is just outrages.

Maybe it's worth creating a table with prices and the possibility to vote for quality. It will help to chose the best supplier and also create a healthy competition among them. There a lot of reviews in e-liquid section but too many and disorganized - hard to choose.

Little help here - sorry for creating a separate post - how can one edit one's posts, I can't find the option anywhere but definitely see others do that?

vv thank you - got it. I guess I needed 5 posts to get this button, have it now :thumbsup:

ps: also can visit DIY part of forum now!

Edited by goshxii

When you write a post, there is an edit button that shows up on the post right after you post (not as you are writing). You only have about an hour (I used to think it was 30 minutes, but someone said it was an hour) to edit and then that option goes away.

Some times they have custom Premium flavors you cannot get elsewhere as in VT liquids ,But in the examples you chose they are the stock Dekang flavors and the lower price suppliers are taking a smaller profit margin and hoping on higher volume.I have ordered from both and it is good qaulity liquid at a very good price.There are a lot of suppliers selling 10ml for $8.00 to $10.00 and that has been the going rate until recently.You just hasta shop around .They are not trying to cheat anyone, in business you have to figure out how much you need to make to pay your staff and overhead and make a little to buy groceries with.Also suppliers who place larger orders would get better pricing but they are also taking the risk of having the goods detained by Customs.

@DerStadSchutz

Suppliers are not selling high just because they love money. (Mall stands the exception) If there was that much profit I'd be living in a huge house with 7 cars in the drive way. I can tell you, that's not the case. Some suppliers order "stock" flavored e liquid, some add their own flavors and others order the mixes to their specifications. You also have to keep in mind that suppliers need to add in the cost of liquid seizures. When 2,000 bottles of e liquid are seized and destroyed by the FDA and refund check isn't sent in the mail. It's gone along with any potential profit.

Some suppliers also order by the gallon and then split up the liquid when it arrives in the states. This way is much cheaper but we choose not to go that route as we don't have a clean room. Instead we have our labels, bottles and liquid mixed at the factory. The more you have done by someone else, the more it costs.

I would also like to remind you that that extra costs goes into paying for the servers that run this site. We also run out of a legitimate office building rather than our basement. Overhead costs and warranty claims add up. ;) There are a lot of good suppliers out there. I can assure you the majority of them are good people and are not out to rip you off but rather to sell a quality product.

@mcquinn you just about nailed it on the head :)

They all seem to provide with the same liquid - Dekang, PG and I guess it would be the same source. What causes such difference in prices and does it really reflect the quality. Or I was too quick with ordering and made a mistake? Should I have gone with a cheaper option?

Many of us "old vapors" started with Dekang. Yes, quality does make a difference. Normally if you find a US/Canadian juice vendor that you like, try buying smaller sizes. I've purchased from 20 different vendors in North America, and now have settled with 5 that I've purchased larger bottle sizes, which helps with the price gap.