Need Some More Education.

rok

Thanks again to everyone in VT for all of your advice, I am positive that you saved me hundreds of dollars!!! My eGo Stainless Starter Kit came in the mail yesterday, and while I am pleased with the product, I need some more help.

Here is what I ordered:

eGo starter kit

A couple bottles of 24mg juice

Stainless drip tip

A couple of 24mg flavors of refillable boge cartomizers from Vapor Kings

Tank attomizer and empty tanks (which haven't arrived yet)

A couple of problem areas:

I really havent figured out the direct drip thing, after dripping into the cart I feel as if I must barely "pull" on the tip to keep from getting juiced. After hitting it with 3-4 drops to start and then 2-3 when it runs out, I am still not getting the number of hits that I have read about on here. One, maybe Two, but then it is dried out again.

The next issue, and probably the biggest for me is with how long the carto's last. I have read about people having a carto last a day, or two!, or three??? I must be the worlds biggest moron, because they do not last me long at all. I went through 2 from about 4pm until 9:30, and I wasn't even vaping close to my usuall pack a day habit with analogs. I have read about people getting 100-200 puffs on carto's, and I am maybe getting 20-30, MAYBE! Is it because I bought the prefilled? Are VK's boge cartos good quality?

And my last question...........(for now!).............. Why am I having such a problem re-filling these cartos? I am popping the mouthpiece out, softening up the stuffing a little, I make sure that the hole in the filler is lined up down the middle. I held the cartos at about a 45 degree angle and dripped 18-20 times, occasionally poking at the filler so it would soak in more, I tried shaking the juice down towards the batt end (yes I have the little plug in and cover on.) I let them sit overnight. Most of the time I am getting it too wet, so that juice comes through the outhpiece, but even then it doesn't vape very many times before it is empty again.

Thanks in advance..................again!!!

Sorry I can not help with the carto filling, one of the carto folks will be along fairly quickly here to help there.

Pulling juice into your mouth - thats a common thing when you first start out, I speak from experience here. As smokers you are used to taking a pretty good draw, with some meaningful inhale power. Vaping doesn't require such an inhale and you are likely, well - sucking too hard! Its a lesson I learned pretty quick! YOu basically just need a very light inhale, bearly more then a typical breath to pull the vapor into your mouth.

Now if you are sucking the juice up into your mouth, that could also contribute to getting fewer pulls. You might also want to remove the wick from the atty, it tends to allow for a better cleaner hit.

I am providing a link to a You Tube channel that has some great novice videos on it Phee303 has done some great videos and I believe seeing is worth a thousand words. One is even on how to remove the wick.

Check them out http://www.youtube.com/user/phee303

Are you dripping through the drip tip, or using a cart?

The Boge cartos are the best (IMO). For cartos, I typically "top it off" every hour or two with 8-10 drops. What kind of juice did you get (PG or VG)? PG is thinner and works better in caros. I've never heard of anyone getting 100+ drags on a carto. I never vape it dry. If you have the 2.0 ohm cartos, they will use more juice than regular ones (but they vape much better).

After refilling a carto, hold a tissue over the battery end and gently blow through it. That will blow out any juice that in the center tube and keep it from running out on your battery. When I fill a carto I usually add about 15-20 drops, put the cover back over the mouth end and shake it down like an old thermometer (although I recently tried the tyran spin and it works good).

It actually sound to me like you're doing quite well. :thumbsup:

I am not going to be any help with cartos--hopefully Dayvape will be around--he's the resident expert.

With Direct dripping:

I prime my atty with about 4 drops and they when I redrip I only use 2 drops at a time. good for about 6 draws(or so). One of the drawbacks to direct dripping is the frequency.

I have found with the drip tips--If I gently blow into the tip to push down any trapped liquid it helps avoid getting liquid in your mouth when you draw.

hope that helps a bit.

Looks like Ripple and Brian got there first !!!

Are you dripping through the drip tip, or using a cart?

The Boge cartos are the best (IMO). For cartos, I typically "top it off" every hour or two with 8-10 drops. What kind of juice did you get (PG or VG)? PG is thinner and works better in caros. I've never heard of anyone getting 100+ drags on a carto. I never vape it dry. If you have the 2.0 ohm cartos, they will use more juice than regular ones (but they vape much better).

After refilling a carto, hold a tissue over the battery end and gently blow through it. That will blow out any juice that in the center tube and keep it from running out on your battery. When I fill a carto I usually add about 15-20 drops, put the cover back over the mouth end and shake it down like an old thermometer (although I recently tried the tyran spin and it works good).

It actually sound to me like you're doing quite well. :thumbsup:

I dripped mainly with the cart, tried a couple times with the tip.

As far as the juice, I am not sure if it is PG or VG, it is from the VT store (Dulcis, and Sweet Dawn). Doesn't say on the bottle, I'm about to go look in the store and see.

I dripped mainly with the cart, tried a couple times with the tip.

As far as the juice, I am not sure if it is PG or VG, it is from the VT store (Dulcis, and Sweet Dawn). Doesn't say on the bottle, I'm about to go look in the store and see.

Vapor Talk juice is PG. :)

When dripping, try dripping directly into the atomizer, not into the cart. Are you using a cart that has filler in it, or the once that came on the atty that doesn't have filler in it? For direct dripping, you usually get 5-10 hits for every 2-3 drops you add.

I will take a stab at the carto issue. Wherever you read 100 puffs or all day for a carto, they are lying. I go through 2-4 a day for the regular and 6-7 of the lr. If they come prefilled, they are never really full. As far as filling...on an initial fill, you should get 20-35 drops in there. Put a few in, turn, a few more turn etc. Then shake it down and repeat untill the top looks like a slushie. I don't let mine sit at all. You could also try syringe filling them. Fill your syringe with 1.5 mls, insert it all the way down, squeeze slowly as you pull it out. Use about half the juice, turn it and do the same thing on the other side. Then if it isn't wet at the top, you can drip fill it the rest of the way. If you are getting a mouth full of juice, i'm betting you are dragging too hard on it. I am a compulsive over-filler and the most i have gotten ever is a drop or two on the soft tip. Hope this helps!

Edited to add: and boge cartos are by far the best. I won't use any other kind :thumbsup:

Edited by Erika

Thanks Erika. I guess I was under the impression that vaping was a ton cheaper than smoking cigarettes. From what I can tell so far, it is about the same, if not more.

On another note, my tank system was in the mailbox when i got home. I think I like it! I filled it with VT's Sweet Dawn, it makes a HUGE amount of vapor, not much TH though.

Well, once you find what you like, it will be. Then all you'll have to buy is juice, atties and or cartos. Atties last over a week usually and i used the same 5 cartos for 5 weeks. So if i had not bought all the other stuff, that's only $30 bucks for a month. Much cheaper than smoking, now if i can keep from buying that VV mod i'll be out of the red very soon

Thanks Erika. I guess I was under the impression that vaping was a ton cheaper than smoking cigarettes. From what I can tell so far, it is about the same, if not more.

On another note, my tank system was in the mailbox when i got home. I think I like it! I filled it with VT's Sweet Dawn, it makes a HUGE amount of vapor, not much TH though.

What Mg strength liquid did you get?? The MG/ML can affect the throat hit. Longer, slow, gentle draws?? I use between 18 and 24mg liquid and get a very good throat hit along with huge amounts of vapor.

It does take a couple months to start seeing the savings. the problem is sooooo many toys and different things to try. Actually took me about 6 months to slow down my spending.....

What Mg strength liquid did you get?? The MG/ML can affect the throat hit. Longer, slow, gentle draws?? I use between 18 and 24mg liquid and get a very good throat hit along with huge amounts of vapor.

It does take a couple months to start seeing the savings. the problem is sooooo many toys and different things to try. Actually took me about 6 months to slow down my spending.....

All of the juice I have at the moment is 24mg. The tank just seems so much smoother.

After watching half a dozen videos, I think I have direct dripping now. This method seems to make the most sense for trying to control cost and monitor nicotene use............................the bad news is that I jumped the gun with everyone talking about the great deal VK had on 10 pks of cartos. :wallbash: I figured I could change the order since it was only a couple of hours ago.......dang it, those guys are fast!!! Maybe they will have some mercy on me, and let me buy their e-liquid after paying a restocking fee. :X

Rok, just another voice but you will save money once you get down which way you want to go. DD, cartos, tank. . .I would save money if I would quit buying extra batteries, attys, cartos, etc. . .and juice of course. But even if I didn't save any money from now on, I'm not smoking and that's a good thing. As I have said before, vaping is my hobby and guns are my husband's hobby and I know that mine is cheaper than his. lol. Good luck.

All of the juice I have at the moment is 24mg. The tank just seems so much smoother.

Hey Rok :)

I have a tank system and was disappointed in the flavor too, but I tried the LR atomizers for it and they made a WORLD of difference. Are you using the standard atomizers or LR?

Hey Rok :)

I have a tank system and was disappointed in the flavor too, but I tried the LR atomizers for it and they made a WORLD of difference. Are you using the standard atomizers or LR?

I would assume it is a standard, it just says eGo-T on the side. I am still an idiot though, so I wouldn't trust anythin I say!!!

I'm not a fan of cartos but having said that it's nice to have a few around in case you blow your atty and need something to get you through till you can replace. The Sweet Dawn is a very light soft juice, not an overpowering flavor but sweet and subtle. Your taste buds will recover from smoking and then you will start to really taste the flavors. Slow easy draws with help with the juice in the mouth syndrome. I have the eGo T and love it, very easy to use and handy when driving. Some folks aren't as crazy about it but I am.

I would assume it is a standard, it just says eGo-T on the side. I am still an idiot though, so I wouldn't trust anythin I say!!!

The kit ships with "standard" atomizers, you have to order the LR versions separately. I foolishly let my wife try it with the LR attys, so now I'm ordering another set of them :rolleyes2:

Cignot has them for $10 each at https://www.cignot.c...egt-atl-all.htm

I checked both of mine when I got them to make sure they weren't DOA and just gave my "spare" to the wife, but I've been using this one for a week and a half, no leaks, no dry burnt taste and the flavor is the best of all the PV's I have.