Struggling With Direct Dripping/carts/ Or Cartos?

egoluvr

Spent all nite testing this out. I am crossing my fingers that this will help those that are struggling. This example uses 510 fittings but would probably work for other models as well just adjust your supplies according to your model.

What you will need -other than your e-cig (PV) of course:

working 510 standard resistance atty (not tested on LR'S)

* drip tip

* blue foam filler - your only going to need a tiny square of this - you want it cut to about the size of the opening on your atty (or M&M candy) only square- no need to make it round ;)

* your juice of choice

* pair of tweezers

Directions:

* attach the atty to your PV

* using the tweezers gently place the square of blue foam directly down on to the bridge(the peice that sticks up) of the atty.

* squeeze 3-4 drops of liquid onto the blue foam

* pop on your drip tip - and vape

TIPS:

1. be gentle on the first draw or two- this way you can avoid taking any liquid into your mouth if you put a little too much on the filler, likewise if it was not enough you can avoid a huge harsh hit if the atty is too dry.

2. to re fill simply place 2-3 thru your drip tip which will work down to the blue foam whenever you start to loose flavor

Notes: Awesome flavor and vapor production, hits much more consistently than DD without the foam, better flavor then using carts, chance of flooding the atty greatly reduced.

The foam does not burn or stick to the atty after doing this method all night.

Flavor changes are simple - use the tweezers to take out the foam -squeeze with a napkin, tissue , or paper towel, replace and do the same process with your new flavor.

***** I sincerly hope this helps someone - if the method your using now is working well no reason to try this, but if your struggling please give it a try and let me know if it worked for you.

yup- I liked it so much today i went to work sans carto- I'm still doing it. You will have to play with the drop numbers to get it just right for you so keep that in mind the ones I gave are just estimates but it could vary depnding on the size of bottle and liquid mix etc. :)

Good luck and thank you mary!

Okay so blue foam made me think about the very funny video Chris posted.

So where do you get this blue foam filler? Its the one piece you left out from what I can tell!

Good job. Okay Egoluvr, you have really thought about this haven't you? I don't usually use carts, so when I saw this I thought this might be be a great idea to not have to drip so often. Now off for some blue foam, I want to make the vapors. :lol:

Awesome write up. Now that I'm direct dripping, ive been wondering why nobody recommends using a bit of filler for more consistency. Can I use the filler out of an unused 510 cartridge or do I still need to cut that down?

Kitsune thanks - yes this is where to get hte blue foam, I've had mine for a while got a sheet with a vapor renu order.

Emile- I didn't try with a regular cart filler as sometimes it can stick to the bridge of the atty, and it tends to scorch as well. But you could give it a try and let us know. I would recommend cutting as well in a small square about the same size as the opening of the atty. also, be sure to keep it moist, don't know if it will work as well as the foam but might do let us know. :)

If you try this please let us know what you think and feel free to post any additional tips I really hopes this helps some of those having trouble . :)

Spent all nite testing this out. I am crossing my fingers that this will help those that are struggling. This example uses 510 fittings but would probably work for other models as well just adjust your supplies according to your model.

What you will need -other than your e-cig (PV) of course:

working 510 standard resistance atty (not tested on LR'S)

* drip tip

* blue foam filler - your only going to need a tiny square of this - you want it cut to about the size of the opening on your atty (or M&M candy) only square- no need to make it round ;)

* your juice of choice

* pair of tweezers

Directions:

* attach the atty to your PV

* using the tweezers gently place the square of blue foam directly down on to the bridge(the peice that sticks up) of the atty.

* squeeze 3-4 drops of liquid onto the blue foam

* pop on your drip tip - and vape

TIPS:

1. be gentle on the first draw or two- this way you can avoid taking any liquid into your mouth if you put a little too much on the filler, likewise if it was not enough you can avoid a huge harsh hit if the atty is too dry.

2. to re fill simply place 2-3 thru your drip tip which will work down to the blue foam whenever you start to loose flavor

Notes: Awesome flavor and vapor production, hits much more consistently than DD without the foam, better flavor then using carts, chance of flooding the atty greatly reduced.

The foam does not burn or stick to the atty after doing this method all night.

Flavor changes are simple - use the tweezers to take out the foam -squeeze with a napkin, tissue , or paper towel, replace and do the same process with your new flavor.

***** I sincerly hope this helps someone - if the method your using now is working well no reason to try this, but if your struggling please give it a try and let me know if it worked for you.

Where can I get this Blue Foam? I need Blue Foam =0)

Okay so blue foam made me think about the very funny video Chris posted.

So where do you get this blue foam filler? Its the one piece you left out from what I can tell!

I thought about the Blue Foam Video also..lmao..that video was way too funny...

Petsmart, or other pet supplies dept, it's blue foam filler for aquariums, some have the white kind but it's the same thing. someone also posted here in the threads a website you can get it from. just do a google search on it. :)

Petsmart, or other pet supplies dept, it's blue foam filler for aquariums, some have the white kind but it's the same thing. someone also posted here in the threads a website you can get it from. just do a google search on it. :)

just got back from buying Aqua Clear Filter Insert Foam....it says to wet it with water first? should I?

I have been struggling for quite a while with direct dripping and pretty much everything else. I've tried the recommended 510 cartomizers, atty/cartridge combo, atty/drip tip combo and finally atty/cut down empty cartridge combo. I've found all of them inconsistent and very annoying. almost all are good for a few drags and then crap out. I believe this will be the solution for me. I usually do 3 drops and end up getting liquid on my bottom lip and it's even created a burn before. I'm really hoping this helps and is the solution I need for direct dripping. I love the vapor and taste DD provides but the annoyance of minute amounts of hot liquid working their way through a drip tip became to much. I'm heading to the pet store in a few to try this out. Thanks so much for the post :thumbup:

I'm glad its working and I'm sorry If I didn't mention before, but it's best if you wash it with soap and water first, then squeeze it out and use it. But I don't think it will hurt you if you dont, just will taste better if you do :)

I have been struggling for quite a while with direct dripping and pretty much everything else. I've tried the recommended 510 cartomizers, atty/cartridge combo, atty/drip tip combo and finally atty/cut down empty cartridge combo. I've found all of them inconsistent and very annoying. almost all are good for a few drags and then crap out. I believe this will be the solution for me. I usually do 3 drops and end up getting liquid on my bottom lip and it's even created a burn before. I'm really hoping this helps and is the solution I need for direct dripping. I love the vapor and taste DD provides but the annoyance of minute amounts of hot liquid working their way through a drip tip became to much. I'm heading to the pet store in a few to try this out. Thanks so much for the post :thumbup:

Great, let me know how it works out for you, still be careful don't over drip, and if you would like added protection - use a blank cartridge without hte filling instead of a drip tip!!

Can anyone confirm what brand/type they are using. I went to Petsmart and got a Fluval foam filter (white).

edit: so I got impatient waiting on a response lol. I just tried what I got and it seems to be working very well. 3 drops seems to be working well with the amount of filter I put in. I'm using a short atty so there wasn't much room but it's great so far.

Edited by Vaponaut

using soft tip cartos, remove the soft tip insert the drip tip in the carto. fill the carto, then drip every couple vapes. Similiar to this method, and works well. :thumbsup:

I just tried adding the DT to my Carto. It makes it so much more sleek and pretty. Im really enjoying it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

ok so once again I'm at a loss. I need confirmation on what brand/type of blue filter to get. The stuff I bought isn't working anymore after a couple of sessions of vaping. I do 3 drops and vape until I get an off taste and put 3 more and repeat. I don't think what I bought is thick enough and it's letting too much juice through or something, i dont know.

I tried the DT on the cartomizer but it just isn't the same.