Struggling With Direct Dripping/carts/ Or Cartos?

egoluvr

BTW egoluvr you should make a video of this tip/fix :sofa:

You got it right Vaponaut - the white filter is the same thing just a different color. I"m so happy it's working for you :)

About the video i'm not so good at all of that but if you would like to try feel free. :)

ok so once again I'm at a loss. I need confirmation on what brand/type of blue filter to get. The stuff I bought isn't working anymore after a couple of sessions of vaping. I do 3 drops and vape until I get an off taste and put 3 more and repeat. I don't think what I bought is thick enough and it's letting too much juice through or something, i dont know.

I tried the DT on the cartomizer but it just isn't the same.

From what I've read the filler is disposable. It may only last 2-3 sessions. Just throw it away and cut new pieces. I bought on line but it is the same blue aquarium filter stuff they have at petco.

ok so once again I'm at a loss. I need confirmation on what brand/type of blue filter to get. The stuff I bought isn't working anymore after a couple of sessions of vaping. I do 3 drops and vape until I get an off taste and put 3 more and repeat. I don't think what I bought is thick enough and it's letting too much juice through or something, i dont know.

I tried the DT on the cartomizer but it just isn't the same.

hmm that is odd, i've reused this stuff time and time again, did you wash the blue filter before using it? it can have a odd taste, also make sure it covers the entire atty, fits in snugly but not tight.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi egoluvr. I took the cotton filler out of a 510 cart, cut it in half and stuffed it in an atomizer. It fit nicely with the drip tip back on but it didn't vape well at all. I removed the drip tip and put a few drops directly onto the foam but it didn't work well at all. I tried it with a regular 510 Atty and a LR 510 Atty and both times, the juice got sucked into my mouth.

So basically I can NOT recommend using 510 cartridge filler to do direct dripping, sorry everyone. I will look for filler alternatives for the time being.

one day i shall have to try this method, how does it compare to cartos? (8 posts to go lol)

You know better than that... nothing 'compares to a carto' !! Once you get em figured out they work great! I've been through a LOT of cartos... and I have yet to even have one quit on me, nor have I had a single DOA ! That's amazing really, considering they are meant to be 'disposable'! :thumbsup:

I have to try jumping on the carto band-wagon because I only like dripping with low resistance atomizers and I rock normal 510 batteries at work. Maybe this is the solution.

Edited by Emile

• 2 months later...

Just have to say...my 510 attys leaked a lot when I was dripping ( 3 drops, about 7 puffs between) I decided to try this, but used just a bit of the filler that came in the cartomizer, just enough to line the bottom, and it works rather well. :thumbsup:

Great, let me know how it works out for you, still be careful don't over drip, and if you would like added protection - use a blank cartridge without hte filling instead of a drip tip!!

Yes by all means, added protection! LOL I think I will try this. Thanks and +another 1