Ego-T 650Mah Or 900Mah?

Hi,

I want a Joye Ego-T but I see that some vendors sell the starter kit with 650mah batteries and some with 900mah protected batteries. I know the differences in size and performance thanks to my research but exactly which one do I want? Is one kit a newer version? It seems that vendors offer one kit or the other, but they do offer replacement batteries in both sizes. Please give me your insight so I can make the right decision from the beginning.

Thanks,

Emile

Edited by Emile

I will answer slightly differently - it depends. I get many hours out of my 650 batteries and mostly work from home so switching them out onto the charger is no big deal. That said just this past weekend I went out all day to tailgate and attend a multiple performer concert and towards the end of the day was getting very worried I was going to run out of battery life - I admit it, I was a bit panicked even.

I like the size of the 650 battery, its just about 2.25 inches - I do not know how much longer the 900 is.

So the question really is to you, what are your needs and lifestyle, if you are out and about for long periods of time the safety of the longer lived batteries might be better for you, if you are home body the smaller size might be best.

Either way you can add to the collection, because as some will tell you BACKUPS are inportant, over time and add it the one you do not choose.

honestly, it really does depend on personal preference. the 900 is a bit longer than 650's, basically the higher the ego # the longer the battery and the longer it will last between charges. I have 650, 900, and 1000--they are all great.

I have both the 900 and 1000 mah eGos and while the 900's have great battery life I have to agree about the 1000mah 5 click. I'm thrilled with it no more worries and I can go 14-16 hours on days off when I vape all day no problem. I recharge every night before I go to sleep, have not had a single problem with dying on me. I do have 2 of the 5 clicks so except for the day of vape meets I rarely have to change them out.:thumbsup:

I have to agree that it all depends on what you want, need...and like. I have a couple of the 900s and I just don't like them. I didn't think they lasted much longer than the 650s and they are quite a bit longer. That extra length seems to bother me (only with the eGo for some strange reason). I have longer PVs and they seem to be fine. Perhaps because I used the 650s for so long and got used to them at that length. Maybe because they are small enough to hide in your hand if you want. I don't know, but I do know that I didn't care for the 900s and don't use them at all (nor the mega carts and attys I got to go with them). So much depends on personal preference.

Well I think everything has been covered regarding the difference in the battery life and the length between the 650 mah and the 900 mah. I just thought I would throw my hat in the ring. I don't have petite hands and I find that I am more comfortable using the 900 mah and the 1000 mah, but I could see where someone with smaller hands might not like using the bigger batteries all day long. And I do like the fact that I can turn off my 1000 mah battery with 5 simple clicks of the button. (My purse was taking liberties without my consent with the 650 and 900).

Thanks for the responses everyone, I really appreciate it. Based on what everybody has said, I ordered an Ego-T Kit last night with the standard 650mah batteries to get a feel for it with the smallest battery size (and obviously the shortest life). If I need/want to, I will just upgrade to bigger batteries in the future.

I really like using the 510 when I'm out and about because it's very similar in size to a regular cigarette (less conspicuous) so the Ego-T will mostly be for vaping at home where I can always keep the batteries charged. If things change and I decide to use the Ego-T when I'm out, then I will look into the higher-capacity batteries.

Btw, I seem to be down to ZERO analogs these days. Currently in Colorado skiing, vaping off the NJoy while on the slopes, and vaping the 510 w/drip tip for the rest of the day. Sweet!!

Thanks for the responses everyone, I really appreciate it. Based on what everybody has said, I ordered an Ego-T Kit last night with the standard 650mah batteries to get a feel for it with the smallest battery size (and obviously the shortest life). If I need/want to, I will just upgrade to bigger batteries in the future.

I really like using the 510 when I'm out and about because it's very similar in size to a regular cigarette (less conspicuous) so the Ego-T will mostly be for vaping at home where I can always keep the batteries charged. If things change and I decide to use the Ego-T when I'm out, then I will look into the higher-capacity batteries.

Btw, I seem to be down to ZERO analogs these days. Currently in Colorado skiing, vaping off the NJoy while on the slopes, and vaping the 510 w/drip tip for the rest of the day. Sweet!!

I am going to go out on a limb on this one and say... you will be using it anywhere and everywhere in no time flat! :thumbsup:

I think you have made a good choice, what I like about my 650 mah size is when I hold it in my closed fist hand (only way I could of describing it) the entire length is concealed within my hand with just the drip tip sticking out on top. Its not so obvious when I am which is good when I am just not feeling like answering the "what the heck is that thing?" question.

Thanks, friends. I have a feeling I am going to convert to the Ego-T full time also but I don't want to retire the Joye 510 because I have 8 batteries, multiple attomizers, a few drip tips and multiple cartridges and I am enjoying it. I am actually vaping it right now as I type this post.

Ripple, did you attend auto geek's 2011 Detail Fest?

Ripple, did you attend auto geek's 2011 Detail Fest?

Nope had never heard of it, but did a quick google search - according to the site it appears its this weekend coming up! I might just have to look into this, I do love a good detail!

Oh yeah, you're right, I thought it was already going on because I'm already getting e-mails for promotions because of Detail Fest. If you're in the area, it's worth your while because you'll end up going home with quite a few freebies and maybe some stuff you opt to purchase.