Package Arrived!

7XLoser

My eGo arrived late last week from Liberty Flights before I went skiing. Took analogs with me because I was overwhelmed when opening the box and decided I needed more time to sit down and analyze the equipment and setup. Vaped Monday for testing purposes, yesterday not as much and today only a little. No analogs though, so that is good. Shipment came complete with eGo 510 standard kit and 2 LR atty's. Strength is 16mg of nicotine.

First, when I removed everything from the packaging I noticed some leakage between the atty and the cartridge, which is still happening. I charged both batteries fully and tried both the low res atty and the atty it came with. The LR atty is hitting harder. The throat hit is actually burning and I had a sore throat earlier this morning. It tastes almost like its burning, maybe tobacco isn't my flavor. I am impressed with the amount of vapor produced. Not impressed with the sore throat or burning when taking a good hit/vape. Should I say hit or vape, trying to nail down all the terminology without sounding like a noob boob.

Anyway, what am I doing right or wrong? What should I try? What should I stop doing immediately because I'm going to melt my face like I'm on the drug called Charlie Sheen? If I wanted to order a different flavor and direct drip, do I drip liquid in the cartridge or the atty? Should there be leakage between the atty and the cartridge?

Thanks for any help or advice, its appreciated.

A sore/dry throat is a pretty common side effect in the beginning. Just drink plenty of water, that will pass. When you direct drip, you can either drip directly into a cartridge with filler in it, or you can direct drip on to the atomizer. For the best flavor, I would recommend skipping the cartridges altogether and dripping directly on to the atomizer. Drip 3 drops on a fresh atty, then take a couple of puffs without inhaling. Those first few puffs will taste kind of burnt if you inhale them. After you've done that, 3 drops directly on to the atty will probably last you between 5-8 hits depending on how big the drags are that you're taking. There's a great video on direct dripping in the tutorials section of the forum if you haven't watched it yet.

As for leakage from the cartridge and atty, I haven't experienced that before.

it really isn't a good idea to use a cart on a Lr atty, doesn't keep it wet enough and most places have a DOA only warranty on Lr attys.i would get a 510/901 drip tip from maybe good prophets ... best drip tip prices and has standard shipping.. sorry cant post links yet...but keep those as wet as possible like the poster above me said 3 drops on a fresh atty for 5 to 8 puffs .... when the flavor or vapor production changes add two drops.. vape ...repeat the regular attys as you can already tell burn a bit cooler, these are not quite as sensitive to a dry burn as a Lr but can still be popped from excessive heat so ......rule of thumb when the flavor or vapor production changes...drip your atty... or top off your cart...

As others have already chimed in I just add to what they have already said.

I would skip the cartridges and direct drip. A drip tip makes this much easier to do as you can just open the bottle and drip drip drip right through the tip. But you can do that with the cartridge for now until you get around to getting a drip tip (they are cheap, a few bucks typically - though there are some higher cost ones as well). If you want to go this route - remove the filler from the cartridge, and with the cartridge empty and removed drip right into the atty. then put the cartridge on a and vape.

A sore throat in the beginning is not unheard of at all. But also realize when we all first start out we are used to smoking, and vaping is a bit different, you want to take a much slower, and longer inhale with less - for lack of better term - sucking power, almost a gentle inhale. Hold the vape in your mouth until you finish the inhale, then pull it into your lungs and release. Its a slightly diffenent technique then smoking analogs.

As far as the leaking - a few thoughts, all attys come with a primer juice in them - blow the atty out before using it (a little late I know) Just remove it from the battery and remove the cartridge, take the open end (verse the thread end) into your mouth and blow it out with a paper towel or tissue held up to the thread end. Once it blows clean put it back on. My guess is you might have over filled the cartridge and it is dripping down and while not in use leaking out through the air holes (notice in the treads there are holes to allow air in when you vape.

Let us know if any of this worked for you

If all you are tasting is a burnt taste, it could mean the atty is dry, needs to be de-wicked and de-primed or both. A wet atty shouldn't be tasting burnt after de-wicking. I agree with the direct drip method- at least until you get the hang of that.

i kinda got a good chuckle at the package being intimidating enough to make you reach for an analog :) i know there are still times when i wish this were as simple as just grabbing a lighter and igniting it, there is a learning curve and it will take a while to get all this down, im still stuck in the curve myself :) just roll with it, it will get better :)

Okay 7xloser I'm going to give you my 2 cents, sometimes I think it's two sense, but anyway here goes. You probably still have the factory primer in your atty. Have you used all of your new attys? If you have one that you haven't used try this. Take the atty and blow throw the little hole that touches the batter. Do this into a paper towel or napkin or whatever to catch the juice that will be coming from the atty. Blow on it until there is not juice. If you have juice add a few drops 4 or 5 to the atty. I don't know about the cartridges, I suppose you just make sure they are still very wet and take a few puffs, do not inhale, blow the vapor out and then you should be able to vape without the taste of the atty. You could have irritated your throat a little if you vaped in the factory primer. nasty tasting stuff. But anyway see if that helps, if it doesn't just come back on and tell the forum members what is happening again and maybe we can come up with some answers. Also, your nic might be too high for you. Just a thought. You'll get there soon and don't give up on vaping it is a process and at first it can be confusing but when you get it down you will find this is the best alternative to smoking you will have ever known.

Ok its starting to click, I hope. The carts that came with the eGo had no cotton piece. Pulled out the 5 extra I ordered and there was the cotton. Its gotten better and I'm pulling slower and smoother. I have noticed the carts run out quick. Anyway drip tips and flavors on their way. No more throat pain. Coughed like a first timer with fresh cart. Thanks everyone! Going to blow out attys later. Does it matter if I use LR Atty with drip tip?

Ok its starting to click, I hope. The carts that came with the eGo had no cotton piece. Pulled out the 5 extra I ordered and there was the cotton. Its gotten better and I'm pulling slower and smoother. I have noticed the carts run out quick. Anyway drip tips and flavors on their way. No more throat pain. Coughed like a first timer with fresh cart. Thanks everyone! Going to blow out attys later. Does it matter if I use LR Atty with drip tip?

You'll be much better off using the LR atty with the drip tip. :) The LR will use up eliquid faster, so using a cart probably won't give it enough juice fast enough.