Can't Vape At Work Anymore And Mad

8 months I've been vaping at work. Today at work I'm doing it in the break room. Instead of someone approaching me and asking me what it is they run to HR. I explain what it is. I'm told I can't do in the buidling now. Bite me! I'm doing it and discretely. Nobody will be the wiser.

That's so lame. I hate when people are too cowardly to say "hey, what's going on?" and instead run and rant and rave to the management. So much unnecessary stress could be avoided.

That sucks!! I have been vaping in my cubicle at work for over 2 years, yet I am always discreet. Don't care for drama. In all this time, most here do know that I vape and are very happy I have given up analogs -- including the Sr Dir of HR, and my 4 VPs. I do my best to not provoke any negative reactions, as this is what I do -- not what I am. I just try to be mindful to keep my habits to myself, as some do-gooders are just too blasted ignorant to understand yet love drama.

This thread has alot of feedback and is useful information going forward. Anti Smoking/Anti Vaping/Argumentative SOBs

I have been vaping against my bosses wishes indoors.... hes the only smoker in the dept left and the only one who cares, i just do the stealth puff method, little hit, hold in longer= no vape cloud - no current legislation in Ohio either to ban indoor usage either

Yeah. I was thinking recently about all the places I could use my PV when it arrives but am very aware that most people can't be bothered to get the facts before raising hell. So I say, do it in a bathroom stall, or quiet corner. No one will be the wiser and no drama while you get the convenience of not having to go outside!

I have been vaping against my bosses wishes indoors.... hes the only smoker in the dept left and the only one who cares, i just do the stealth puff method, little hit, hold in longer= no vape cloud - no current legislation in Ohio either to ban indoor usage either

Yes after "my talking to", I stayed inside and stealthed away. Nice little room off the bathroom nobody goes into.

And I live in Ohio as well.

I use the bathroom, or after hours if I'm there I vape in my office. I do at times do a demo for pts. Several have ordered their own ecigs and quit. It's shame that ignorance wins out over a better life-style choice.

Yeah. I was thinking recently about all the places I could use my PV when it arrives but am very aware that most people can't be bothered to get the facts before raising hell. So I say, do it in a bathroom stall, or quiet corner. No one will be the wiser and no drama while you get the convenience of not having to go outside!

LOL I'm a bathroom-stall-vapor(er) too!!! :shiftyninja:

Me too!! One of the nurses I share an office with thinks my vaping "stinks" so I don't vape in there when she's there. Not a big deal.

I happen to think she REEKS when she comes in from smoking outside, but clearly, I have better manners. :innocent:

Edited by Nanna

Me too!! One of the nurses I share an office with thinks my vaping "stinks" so I don't vape in there when she's there. Not a big deal.

I happen to think she REEKS when she comes in from smoking outside, but clearly, I have better manners. :innocent:

Next time she walks by you after a smoke break you should go "whew....you smell like an ashtray" while making that something stinks face....lol. She wants to open the door about the smell of your habit, then she's fair game!!

Most work environments are private establishments and the management can legislate it in any way they wish unless it infringes on your civil or labor rights. Not much you can do and regardless of how we feel about it, defying the rules of the company not only introduces risk to your livelihood and perhaps sets back the vaping cause to a degree.

There is a lot that is unknown by the general population and also by our community about e-cigs. Fear of the unknown has driven human nature for as long as humans have existed. Pushing our ideology that they are "safe" to anyone who opposes them will likely only further to feed the fear of what we don't really understand.

My company banned them last month and I was asked about this prior to the announcement and I honestly couldn't offer anything to my peers about it besides my beliefs. In the end all of us, including myself, agreed we should not allow their use in the office because they made many people, including visitors to our office uncomfortable. I firmly beleive this was the correct decision for our business even if this meant I could no longer vape in sight of others.

Speaking of the smell of e cigs, I just got mine yesterday and I LOVE it. Every time I would take a drag, my wife laughed and explained that she would instinctively start breathing shallow because it looks so authentic! I think she loves it even more than I do!