Is $300 Too Much For A Mod?

Well I did spend $250 on green smoke LOL. I would hope this would be better.

actually come to think of it i did spend at least that much on my first three failed attempts at vaping... i wonder what my most recent expenses have totaled, i dont think i want to know...

actually come to think of it i did spend at least that much on my first three failed attempts at vaping... i wonder what my most recent expenses have totaled, i dont think i want to know...

Best to think of it as you only spent $$$ quitting smoking. Instead of the $$$,$$$ you could have spent killing yourself. :wallbash: Anything to justify my poor CC abuse.

It was all I could do to spend that much for my seashell laptop! I can't justify that much for an ecig... at least not until a year after the reviews and kinks are ironed out and I'm convinced that it really is the be all end all of juice box type mods...

besides, I'll need a year to convince honey to get out the cc for that much lol.

But, wow, it sure has a lot of promise to be fantastic...

eh, that's a lot of money. You have to think to yourself, where has it gone from a smoking alternative to just an obsession over a new device.

In saying that though, I have the Pro Vari and in my personal opinion it's the best mod money can buy - BUT it still looks like a sexy toy. I can't sit down in a meeting and use something like this.

Now the model in the video looks a lot more "professional" and I'd rather get pulled over with something that looks like a Janty Stick than a crack pipe. If it's variable voltage, works as well as my pro vari and is built to last. I'll shell out the cash.

But I swear to god if it's just another battery pack on ebay that's been modified... :rolleyes2:

Looks like they'd have to charge $300.00 each just to cover the amount they have invested in computer software for that pitch video. I wouldn't shell out that much money for a mod, but I'm content with the Ego battery and a drip tip :)

other than the video showing how it will look here are the other specs

auto feeding system (it feeds for you)

it can do this on a timed loop of your vape or you can just push the button and it will do it.

it also takes (what i assume) is the same boosted battery type guts like the pro and dumps that in it

i really cant see why people boost a battery, you can get two 16340s in a tube and its just 2mm wider than a 14500 tube ecig, run time is much higher and is the length of a single 18650.

anyways mario is making the eclips and sometimes you can catch him vaping on the prototype.

however i wasn't aware that it was a outside tube feeder system.

I tried beta (concept) one at Midwest Vapefest in St. Louis in August. It was HUGE. If they are able to have the same components in much smaller sleek design like that... possibly. I say possibly because it would depend on if you used a certain joose all the time and didn't switch flavors a lot. The one I tried had a 901 atty on it and when dialed in the taste 2nd to none. You still have to deal with the issue of changing out the joose bottle.

In the end it comes down to do you have the money for it? Why are you buying it,so you can say you have the latest and greatest? I like dripping for the ritual and habit of it after almost a year. I don't need to be the 1st one to have something just to have it that is full of components that will be more prone to failure. boB

It looks interesting, but holy crap, 300 bucks? I couldn't even justify spending that on a videogame console, let alone a vaping device. If I want a juice feeder, I'll probably just go with Jolly's D-Cup. But my Don works quite well, and dripping isn't a big deal to me.

As far as the timer juice feeder thing goes, that sounds like a cool feature, but I couldn't see using it. If it just feeds juice at regular intervals, what about when you get distracted, fall asleep, or simply just forget to turn it off? You'd end up with a big mess, I imagine.

Well I just shelled out nearly 200 for my VV Ali'i so I can not imagine another 300. That said, really how is this justified? It does not appear to be a handcrafted item (like the Ali'i) so what the really cost factor.

That being said, any low volume custom manufactured item is going to be costly to recoup the R&D costs involved. I would wait as Uma said for the second model year for kinks to be discovered and worked out.

But it is a good looking device.

• 3 weeks later...

...As for my opinion, (just to add viewpoints to the many valid and interesting ones here),we all know that everything that comes out is hyped to be the FINAL solution to all of our vaping problems. Remember when clearomizers were going to change everything? That lasted until we all ordered them and began cutting wicks, running to the supermarket for PTB's,attaching giant 5 and 10 mil tanks to them,and so on.

That being said, everytime I buy another mod , the ali, reo, old goat,juice box, and soon the eclipse, I think of the 400 bucks a month my wife and I spent on analogs EVERY MONTH FOR YEARS AND YEARS, this latest 300 buck venture is less than a drop in the bucket.

The reason I dont wait for reviews before deciding what to get is because what someone says is the greatest thing since the wheel, may not be right for me (personal likes and dislikes). My hope, like yours, is that the next release will be the perfect solution to all the downfalls of previous items available.

Anyway, I enjoy reading all your comments pro or con, supportive or critical.

...Take care...