Small Survey

flowersbl

Hi I would like to conduct a small survey to all the people who have been vaping a long time..

1. how long have you been vaping

2. do you smoke anologs at all anymore

3. how many years did you actually smoke analogs and about how much a day

4. do you have any health concerns to vaping.. chest congestion, any coughing, sinus infection etc.. please be as honest as possible.

5. Did you have any recurring health issues that went away because you started vaping.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.. sorry for being a pill. I have ear infection problems my entire life its starting to get worse as i get older now i will keep a double ear infection all winter after my first cold and Im so tired of saying "huh". Most Doctors will say its because I smoke but I didnt smoke when I was young and still got ear infections. I Wonder if vaping will help my issue..

Thanks again in advance

Brad Flowers

1. I've been vaping for 46 days I think it says.

2. Nope, not a single nasty stick has passed my lips :animier:

3. 27 years of 1-2 ppd usually closer to 2

4. I got some juice from a company with a bad reputation. (local shop Kisoks type) After vaping THAT juice for a while my throat got sore and I got a bit weezy. Nothing bad though.I threw the said juice down the drain.

5. Yes, I have had a lung disease since I was 20 and continued to smoke :wallbash: I would get out of breath walking from my house to my truck. I suffered chest pains all the time, heart palpitations etc.... I would avoid hiking and walking at all cost. I was embaressed of my breathing

NOW :animier: I am feeling so much better. I have joined a gym and can walk/jog on the treadmill for an hour straight without dying or stoping.

I can't say if my disease will go away. I have been in remission for 15 years now(pray to GOD I stay healthy) but I am hopeful. I must say tho that I can breath easier and deeper than I ever had before. Im no longer afraid all the time, The last year with each drag of my smoke I would instantly get out of breath, and my chest would get tight.I hated every minute of it but couldnt stop at ANY cost. So SAD how I was. Till now that is. I am so excited with the progress I'm making physically. And I pray that every smoker (that wants to quit) is luckily enough to try vaping. It has seriously changed my life.

I hope you make that leap. We are all here for your support! Good Luck

Edited by Beans

Brad, here goes:

1. I have been vaping for almost 4 months.

2. No, I do not and don't even think about them

3. I smoked for 48 years, sometimes a pack and a half a day

4. I don't have any symptoms from vaping. Nothing new in my catalog of illnesses.

5. My blood pressure is at a normal range for the first time in 7 years. I had two strokes 6 years ago because of my b/p being very high. I cut back on my smoking then but I did not totally quit. If I had not of found the vaping community I don't know what I would have done. I am completely off of my blood pressure medications and my doctor says it has to be from the not smoking any more.

Edited by cheshyl

I started Vaping around the end of 2008. Pretty long time. ;)

Not at all. I did cave in once back in 2009 and ended up throwing the pack away. Haven't had a cigarette since.

I smoked a pack a day. Sometimes more depending on the social interaction going on. I smoked for about 8-10 years.

4. do you have any health concerns to vaping.. chest congestion, any coughing, sinus infection etc.. please be as honest as possible.

Not personally no. No chest congestion at all (I have asthma and have not had a problem since I started vaping. I don't even use an inhaler anymore) no coughing or sinus infection. These are all problems smokers usually have. Even if I did..smoking is a proven death. k=

5. Did you have any recurring health issues that went away because you started vaping.

Was pretty healthy before I started vaping but my Asthma has went away. I also used to get a really heavy chest when I woke up in the morning. I assumed it was because the air filters in my house where dirty. Perhaps dust. Nope, it was smoking. About 1-2 weeks after I stopped smoking and moved to vaping the chest pains where gone. No wheezing while sleeping either.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.. sorry for being a pill. I have ear infection problems my entire life its starting to get worse as i get older now i will keep a double ear infection all winter after my first cold and Im so tired of saying "huh". Most Doctors will say its because I smoke but I didnt smoke when I was young and still got ear infections. I Wonder if vaping will help my issue..

Thanks again in advance

Brad Flowers

Don't be sorry! :D This why this forum is here. We're all here to help :) I would suggest speaking with your doctor and she what he/she has to say. But many doctors have been in favor of the e cigarette. (At least that's what many members have reported)

Hi I would like to conduct a small survey to all the people who have been vaping a long time..

1. how long have you been vaping: About 1 month

2. do you smoke anologs at all anymore: Not at all

3. how many years did you actually smoke analogs and about how much a day: 20+ years @ 1.5-2 ppd.

4. do you have any health concerns to vaping.. chest congestion, any coughing, sinus infection etc:

Dry lips. Not a big deal to me.

5. Did you have any recurring health issues that went away because you started vaping:

The coughing, weezing, morning phlegm are all gone. My chest feels good- no heart palpitations anymore. I just feel better. I am happy that I have a working alternative to smoking, and that I don't rely on burning chemicals for my nicotine fix.

I'll also add that I've previously tried two different pills, gum, patches and hypnosis with very little luck. I started vaping at 24mg nic, and a month later I'm ordering 18mg for the most part. Going from up to 2 packs a day to not wanting any is nothing short of a miracle IMO.

I have been vaping since October 1st, 2009 - almost 17 months now!!

Nope. Had my last analog on October 12th, 2009 - as soon as I got an extra battery for my e-cig.

I smoked analogs for at least 34 years and smoked at least 1 1/2 packs a day.

I don't have any health concerns at the moment. Or none that I'm aware of anyway. (Other than a twisted ankle that's swollen, but I don't think that's what you're wanting to know about. :rolleyes: )

Right before I started vaping I had to go to the dr. because of an infection on my hand. My blood pressure was through the roof. I'd never had a problem with it before, so was quite surprised. I've been on bp medicine since then, but in the last few months was getting light headed or dizzy a lot, checked my bp and it was super low, so I cut my bp pills in half and that problem went away. Now my bp is starting to run pretty low again. I have a feeling I don't need the medicine any more, but still need to make an appointment with the dr. to see if I can quit the medicine all together. I'll do that one of these days. Probably. I don't know if this is because of vaping or not.

I can breathe a whole lot better than I used to. I can climb stairs without feeling like I'm going to collapse. I can smell things much better - some good, some bad. I can taste food better than before. I find I like some things better and don't like some things I thought I did before. I think all of this is because of vaping.

I've been vaping for over a year now.

Haven't had an analog ...not that I haven't wanted one now and then.

smoked for over 40 years. Smoked 2-4 pks a day.

feel better than I have in a long time...Still cough some in the morning, but I think that's more sinuses than vaping.

No health concerns that I know of....but I don't wheez anymore. And I can actually climb stairs without feeling like I'm going to die.

All in all it's been a great change. No more breathing trouble...no more smelly car..clothes..or nic fingers.

And I want to add that I give Chris and the vapor talk gang all the credit for helping me make the switch. Without the help of the members I probably wouldn't have stuck with it.

1. how long have you been vaping: 2 months

2. do you smoke anologs at all anymore: only when I am drinking heavily.

3. how many years did you actually smoke analogs and about how much a day: 10 years, about half a pack a day.

4. do you have any health concerns to vaping.. chest congestion, any coughing, sinus infection etc.. please be as honest as possible: not that I know of yet. When I first started, I felt like there was water in my lungs, but it soon went away.

5. Did you have any recurring health issues that went away because you started vaping: no phlegm !

1. how long have you been vaping: 46

2. do you smoke analogs at all anymore: No. have not had one in 39 days

3. how many years did you actually smoke analogs and about how much a day: 30 years, 2 to 3 pack a day.

4. do you have any health concerns to vaping.. chest congestion, any coughing, sinus infection etc.. please be as honest as possible: Dry nose.

5. Did you have any recurring health issues that went away because you started vaping: I do not wheeze anymore. my coughing has stopped. :thumbsup:

1. how long have you been vaping?...ONE YEAR TODAY! YAY FOR ME!!!

2. do you smoke anologs at all anymore....NO...STARTED VAPING A BIT SOONER, THIS IS MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF ONLY VAPING, NO CIGARETTES

3. how many years did you actually smoke analogs and about how much a day....I SMOKED 30 YEARS, 2-3PPD, AND I AM ASHAMED TO ADMIT, SOMETIMES EVEN MORE THAN 3 PACKS WHEN I WAS STRESSED.

4. do you have any health concerns to vaping.. chest congestion, any coughing, sinus infection etc.. please be as honest as possible. NOTHING AT ALL....I HAVE HAD NO ISSUE WITH VAPING. I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD LESS COLDS IN THE PAST YEAR THAN ANY OTHER TIME IN MY LIFE, SO PERHAPS VAPING HAS MADE MY IMMUNE SYSTEM STRONGER...OR NO SMOKE HAS MADE IT STRONGER. IT WOULD BE SORT OF IDIOTIC IF I WAS COUGHING TO BLAME IT ON VAPING...IF I GOT LUNG CANCER NOW OR IN THE FUTURE IT WOULD BE FROM ALL THE DECADES OF SMOKING I AM SURE, NOT THE VAPING. I THINK IT IS FUNNY WHEN WE KNOW THE POISONS AND CARCINOGENS IN CIGS THAT WE WOULD WORRY ABOUT THE FEW CHEMICALS (MOST OF WHICH ARE ORDINARY THINGS WE HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ALL OUR LIVES) IN VAPING. YOU REMOVE THE COMBUSTION AND THAT RIGHT AWAY REMOVES THE RESPIRATORY ISSUES....AFTER ALL, MOST PEOPLE IN FIRES DIE FROM SMOKE INHALATION, NOT THE ACTUAL FIRE. OF COURSE THAT IS ASSUMING YOU BUY YOUR LIQUIDS FROM REPUTABLE SUPPLIERS THAT USE USP GRADE INGREDIENTS, MEANT FOR HUMAN INGESTION AND CONSUMPTION.

5. Did you have any recurring health issues that went away because you started vaping.NO, EVEN WITH ALL THAT SMOKING I DIDN'T HAVE ANY COUGH OR ANYTHING. ALSO SEE #4