3 More Awesome Flavors.....

juliery

I ordered six bottles from VaporRenu last week. All I have to say is: meh. Kind of bummed about that too, because Juliery raved about it so much. I'm beginning to think it may be because I ordered them with no nicotine. ??? Seems weird to think it would be the absence of nic that made them so blah to me. I want to be at zero nicotine because I think it may be a factor in my migraine issues. Five of the six I ordered smell great, the other is pretty nasty. Here's my breakdown, all zero nic with no additives and lowest (smooth) throat hit:

Black Tea (double shot): This was the worst of the bunch. It is definitely NOT black tea. It is like perfume of some flower. Terrible smell, worse taste.

White Chocolate (double shot): This was ok. Tastes like melted butter, when I could taste anything. Might be ok mixed with some other DIY flavor only additions.

Double Dutch Chocolate (regular flavor): Again, ok. Very powerful smell from the bottle, definitely not the same vaped. A bummer. Not sure if it'd be better mixed with DIY flavor only.

Dulche de Leche (regular flavor): I love this ice cream from Hagn Das (spelling? sorry!). It tastes nothing like it. I knew it wouldn't be as creamy as the ice cream, but I get a chemical taste on this. Bummer. Not sure if it's worth mixing with something else do the chemical thing.

Cappuccino (double shot): This one is vapable. Not the best cap liquid I've had (VT gets that honor), but I can use it. It does have a small tinge of that same chemical taste as the DdL above.

Mocha (regular flavor): This one has the best promise of the six. I wish I'd ordered it in double shot because I'm sure I'd like it better. None of the chemical tweakiness comes through, so that's a plus.

I just have to wonder if the addition of nic would make any of them better. As of now, I'm leary of making another order despite everyone else's great experience. I hope to hear good things from all of you who have made an order and maybe I'll try again.

Ya know it was a bit of a blond moment, I was reading the initial review and used the fast reply totally overlooking the pages of conversation that followed.

BUT, basically looking for input on the flavor boost option experiences of any and all. I can not help but keep "finding" my way back to their site and that even though I said not more new juices for a week or two...well ya' know how it goes.

p.s. I am dying here looking at the flavor choices...bacon and waffles, Bacon, Oh my!

I'm with you on the telling myself that I can't order anymore juice for at least 2 weeks. Two minutes later, what am I doing, ordering more juice. If I can't trust myself! LOL :wallbash:

How do they reproduce the taste of bacon? Never mind, I don't think I want to know. There are just somethings better left unknown.

Let me know if you order the bacon and waffles. :thumbup:

I ordered six bottles from VaporRenu last week. All I have to say is: meh. Kind of bummed about that too, because Juliery raved about it so much. I'm beginning to think it may be because I ordered them with no nicotine. ??? Seems weird to think it would be the absence of nic that made them so blah to me. I want to be at zero nicotine because I think it may be a factor in my migraine issues. Five of the six I ordered smell great, the other is pretty nasty. Here's my breakdown, all zero nic with no additives and lowest (smooth) throat hit:

Black Tea (double shot): This was the worst of the bunch. It is definitely NOT black tea. It is like perfume of some flower. Terrible smell, worse taste.

White Chocolate (double shot): This was ok. Tastes like melted butter, when I could taste anything. Might be ok mixed with some other DIY flavor only additions.

Double Dutch Chocolate (regular flavor): Again, ok. Very powerful smell from the bottle, definitely not the same vaped. A bummer. Not sure if it'd be better mixed with DIY flavor only.

Dulche de Leche (regular flavor): I love this ice cream from Hagn Das (spelling? sorry!). It tastes nothing like it. I knew it wouldn't be as creamy as the ice cream, but I get a chemical taste on this. Bummer. Not sure if it's worth mixing with something else do the chemical thing.

Cappuccino (double shot): This one is vapable. Not the best cap liquid I've had (VT gets that honor), but I can use it. It does have a small tinge of that same chemical taste as the DdL above.

Mocha (regular flavor): This one has the best promise of the six. I wish I'd ordered it in double shot because I'm sure I'd like it better. None of the chemical tweakiness comes through, so that's a plus.

I just have to wonder if the addition of nic would make any of them better. As of now, I'm leary of making another order despite everyone else's great experience. I hope to hear good things from all of you who have made an order and maybe I'll try again.

Shake the bottles up real good before using. I got that chemical taste too with all three juices. Once I tried shaking them, the taste was gone.

One of the juices, Pralines and Cream, was a thumbs down for me. Even after shaking. Live and learn! :wallbash:

Well I have no doubt that I will break down and take a shot at these before too long. Maybe if we all keep ordering in these kind of quantities it's like we will end up having some personal misses. It's bound to happen! But one persons hit is another persons miss I suspect. If that's the case I would be open to trying some juice swaps.

I can't imagine actually ordering bacon and waffles but some others sounded quite interesting. I have a couple of juices from vaperite on the way along with a sample pack from then so that should help me get a better sense of the families of favors that seem more to my liking - above and beyond the six favors I have in house already that it :thumbsup:

I order just regular and it has been more than enough flavor for my husband and I. The pumpkin spice and grape I can't even imagine with double flavor. They are VERY strong flavors to me. I just tried the grape soda from VT and it tasted so faintly grape compared to the regular strength grape from VR. I get 16mg, 80/20 pg/vg (just get that tiny bit of vg for vapor production)...I get medium TH and that has been fine for us too. My main thing is flavor....I want strong, clearly distinctive and identifiable flavors. The ONLY flavor that wouldn't have been crazy strong with double flavor is the Heath Bar, BUT I don't think it NEEDS it, but it is the only one I can imagine wouldn't have been insane. I don't get any of the additives, no particular reason...I am not against them or anything, just never had them. They are flavorless so I assume they wouldn't affect anything. Anyway, THAT is one of the things I like about VR....you can customize everything. IF you want some different pg/vg blend you can just write them and tell them and I am sure they would do it. If there is some flavor you want that isn't on their list they will make it for you. For instance, they didn't have Cappuccino on there, until I asked, and also Cherry Cola, I suggested several others that he then added too. The customer service is really great.

one more question before i make an order...

PG, VG, or blended?

what i have noticed is that yes in fact my throat prefers the VG, if i vape straight PG i almost get the kind of burning sensation one would get from swallowing fresh ground pepper, does that make sense?

so im wondering if i should go all VG or if a blend would be a good thing for me

It depends what device you use. I use only cartos, so I wouldn't get anything more than 50% vg, only because it is very thick and hard to soak into the filler in a carto. If you are direct dripping then that wouldn't matter. Also because VG has more natural sugars in it, it is naturally sweeter than PG, so it makes the flavor sweeter (which I don't like super sweet, so I don't want to add to sweetness if I can avoid it) and also the heating of VG discolors it, like in the cartos, you will notice even with 20% vg like I get, it does turn progressively darker in the filler....it isn't burning, it is just the sugars heating up. I have also read that people say it gunks up attys faster, which I assume is why when I vape the liquids containing vg I have to wash the cartos sooner....NOT so much sooner that it is a bother, but it does gunk up faster. HOWEVER, if the pg really bothered me then I would do something to avoid that,...I guess I would switch over to dripping rather than getting a pepper feeling. I have a similar issue with higher than 18mg of nic. It doesn't feel peppery....it feels raw, like when you are coming down with a throat infection that really raw feeling you get in your throat....that is what I get. I have never had too much pepper, so I don't know if this is the same thing you are talking about....but with me I know it is the nicotine, not the pg. BUT I think if you had this problem with straight pg, I would try a blend first before resorting to straight VG. Also I don't know what nic level you use....are you SURE it isn't the nic rather than the pg? I knew because we had some 20mg, and that made a bit of a rawness, but 24mg was bad and 36mg was flat out painful...but 16/18mg and lower were fine. Since all the liquid was 100% pg, I knew it was obviously the nicotine. PG has some natural sweetness too since it is derived from corn.....but not near as much as VG. The thickness of the liquid and the sweetness are both issues for me, but I would get over it to not have a sore throat. No one wants to feel like that!! Good luck!!

Well I have no doubt that I will break down and take a shot at these before too long. Maybe if we all keep ordering in these kind of quantities it's like we will end up having some personal misses. It's bound to happen! But one persons hit is another persons miss I suspect. If that's the case I would be open to trying some juice swaps.

I can't imagine actually ordering bacon and waffles but some others sounded quite interesting. I have a couple of juices from vaperite on the way along with a sample pack from then so that should help me get a better sense of the families of favors that seem more to my liking - above and beyond the six favors I have in house already that it :thumbsup:

I ordered belgian waffle because I have heard good things about waffle flavor in general. Bacon, ummmmm, no. It might be great, but I really can't imagine vaping bacon, LOL. It would be like vaping steak or green beans or potatoes, just seems so odd, LOL. Watch, one day we will find out that bacon is amazing and we have been missing out. IT is funny though because I have gotten all kinds of prefilled cartos as freebies tossed in with orders from other vendors and many of them were flavors I would NEVER have even tried and they turn out to be really good, LOL. You just never know!!! I guess someone must order bacon or they wouldn't have it. But someone else would have to tell me how that is, I wouldn't order it not knowing, LOL. I know, silly but it does sound bizarre. Like just not a flavor you can imagine tasting all day or even a couple hours.

You should definitely write him, because they will do whatever they can to help you.....write and tell him each thing you wrote here. I don't know what nicotine does as far as flavor. Even though it says the liquid is flavorless, it is still a chemical and it could affect flavor, I would think. I get migraines too....they suck. BUT I still got them even at times I didn't smoke and didn't have any nicotine at all in my system and for that matter I got them as a teenager before I smoked....so they weren't in any way caused by nicotine evidently.

The double dutch chocolate, if you read my first review, I don't remember my exact wording but that is definitely a flavor that gets better as you vape it.....you also have to shake it up.....I didn't have any chemicalish taste though.

The white chocolate I mix with the capp, with the DD choc, with the pumpkin spice, etc. Same with Bavarian creme. i would vape them alone, but they are great for mixing with other stuff. I just ordered two more bottles of white chocolate because I mix it with everything. The two VT flavors I had did nothing for me....the grape soda was a very weak flavor, and sort of had a dusty taste to it, sorta reminded me of really weak kool aid, and the choco java I thought was an okay flavor, but it is on the weak side too. If it was possible to get extra flavoring in the choco java I would probably like it, like triple flavor. I am afraid to even try the other flavors, because at that price I would be irritated if I didn't like them. This works out to less than 1/3rd of the price, especially with the coupon code....and so far I have liked all 8....so even if the next 8 I didn't like I would still be way ahead from a financial aspect. I think the odds of not finding anything out of 8 flavors be good are pretty small.

But EVERYONE has different taste buds. Someone recommended Ms T's to us and OMG, to us, both of us, not even one is usable of 4....they were SO ungodly sweet, their grape was totally like a chemical, like so strong it concerned me...horrid, the other 3 were so crazy sweet that there was no flavor at all, just sweetness. But to me flavors like white chocolate and bavarian creme, I get them for mixing. I ordered waffle too, for the same reason. I expect those to be like neutral things to work with other stuff. I have vaped both on their own, but I like them best mixed with others...they just seem both to do great things for other flavors somehow. My husband really loves the double dutch chocolate. So it is all very subjective.

BUT I would definitely write Jason at Vapor Renu......he is VERY reasonable and he will work with you for you to be satisfied....so write him. That is my recommendation.....and I would ask about the nic level issue. I don't know what that does. But like I would never vape 100% VG because of what that does. So other things make a difference and maybe nic level does matter somehow. Would it help if you just vaped like 6mg? Or did you already try that? Migraines suck, I know, my husband and I both get them, and his oldest brother gets them so bad that he has been hospitalized numerous times. He had experimental brain surgery at Loyola last year THAT is how bad they were. The surgery has helped, tremendously, but that is an extreme action to have to take. But then constantly being hospitalized is bad too. He was so skinny from all the vomiting and of course the pain he was in was horrible. I guess he started getting them when he was like a small child. He is now 52 and actually been unable to work for long periods of time because of them. First because of them being so debilitating then because he was so weak from all the nausea, then he had horrible digestive tract ruptures and tears fro all that acid from being sick. It is crazy how bad it was. I am so glad he is doing better. I hope your migraines subside as well! But WRITE JASON AT VR in the meantime and see what he will do for you! Just say that you read reviews and were disappointed, etc. I would be shocked if he didn't try to fix things for you......AND make sure you let us know what happens!!!

I really love the flavors I have gotten, but obviously that doesn't mean everyone will. Just like the stuff I have tried because people love it and then I hate it. If everyone only all loved the same things then all the vendors would just be selling a small handful of flavors because everyone would be vaping caramel and RY4 (two flavors I have hated no matter where they came from) and some other small assortment.

I'm with you Aimee. I ordered a bottle of their coffee to try out. All I can say is.......... meh. I ordered it with extra flavor and it is still the weakest coffee e-juice I have ever had. I also noticed that chemical taste. yuck :thumbsdown:

Thanks, Juliery and jeffb, I appreciate the feedback. I'm spoiled on Dulcis. I love it. It's my absolute favorite. I have three bottles left right now. Usually that sends me into panic mode to buy some. But I'm feeling the crunch of taxes and other stuff right now. If I could figure out the flavors in it, I'd give a shot at Juicy Vapors five flavor mixing option. But I know I'd be disappointed. And I hate to think of stealing a recipe or shorting Christopher who's such a great vendor and forum owner. Ah, the conundrum of vaping and loyalties!

Hey Juliery, does Vapor Renu's grape taste like a real grape, or is it more like a candy/soda grape ?

No, it tastes like a gum grape...I don't know how old you are, but you know that rope gum? It is like 18 inches long, and about as thick as an ego battery, and like it would say the flavor on the wrapper over and over. THAT is what it tastes like. But it is in a good way, like it literally makes my mouth water, and I am not normally into fruity flavors. My husband is the grape fanatic and has grape from literally at least a dozen places....and V4L had a good grape that I would say was a cross between a gum/real grape but then suddenly the liquid totally changed....and the bottle was different, the shape of it, everything...diff label...SO obviously they got some other supplier. My husband HATED it. It was just the premixed stuff where you only get to choose strength, not anything they mix themselves. So I guess they started getting it from a new place, but there was NOTHING anywhere that you would have at least been prepared for that when you ordered....so it really irritated him. The weird thing was that he really wanted something to taste like a real grape but now he loves this. You can smell it before you even open the bottle and it tastes EXACTLY how it smells. But yes, definitely like a grape gum....but not like a jolly rancher. Like Grape bubble yum or bubblicious? The gum grape is different than the candy grape to me....this tastes just like that gum. Hope that helps!

Alright, cool beans. I've been meaning to get a hold of some kinda grape juice for a while now. I might have to go with that one. I was leaning toward grape soda. No, I'm not old enough to know what grape gum you're talking about, but I'm familiar with bubble yum and bubbalicious.

As for that chemical taste some are complaining about with vapor renu, I have no idea what they're talking about. I never get it, just pure flavor. I always get 16mg 100% VG and double shot. That might have something to do with it, but you'd think I'd still get a hint of it. Who knows...? Maybe it's the kind of PG they use or something since I know most people just get PG juice. Either way, Vapor Renu rocks! Best juice ever. Everything else I've tried just plain sucked, with the exception of VapeRite and Vapor Galaxy. But I'm still not paying their prices.

Edited by DerStadtschutz

Alright, cool beans. I've been meaning to get a hold of some kinda grape juice for a while now. I might have to go with that one. I was leaning toward grape soda. No, I'm not old enough to know what grape gum you're talking about, but I'm familiar with bubble yum and bubbalicious.

As for that chemical taste some are complaining about with vapor renu, I have no idea what they're talking about. I never get it, just pure flavor. I always get 16mg 100% VG and double shot. That might have something to do with it, but you'd think I'd still get a hint of it. Who knows...? Maybe it's the kind of PG they use or something since I know most people just get PG juice. Either way, Vapor Renu rocks! Best juice ever. Everything else I've tried just plain sucked, with the exception of VapeRite and Vapor Galaxy. But I'm still not paying their prices.

I always get 80/20 pg/vg, so I don't think it is the pg....BUT I ALWAYS shake the bottles. Even when I am refilling a carto, like adding to it....I shake it, even if I just shook it 10 mins earlier..just habit. When I mixed the pumkiccino, the cappuccino, when you add that in is a darker liquid and it floats like a blob in the lighter colored liquids....which leads me to believe the lighter ones do the same, I just can't see it because there is no contrast in color, so clearly it needs to be shaken. AND I also know from mixing stuff in totally clear bottles, if you leave them sit for like a week, the liquids separate on their own, so they really do need to be shaken. But I have seen this with liquids from other places that come in clear bottles as well. I like that VR doesn't use clear bottles, because you don't want them in sunlight and all that and so obviously a dark or not clear bottle helps with keeping the juice fresh. I haven't had any chemical taste with ANY liquid from anywhere EXCEPT the grape from Ms T's....it was SO bad that we threw it out....when I dumped it in the sink the smell was even stronger of chemical. It was gross, I wouldn't even give it away because it really seemed like something was wrong with it.

Anyway, everyone is different, and taste is obviously subjective. Also it depends what you have recently eaten or drank and I have noticed that sometimes flavors taste bad if vaped right after a totally different flavor, so I have to vape a few minutes to get rid of aftertaste from a previous liquid. I too have had nothing but good luck with VR, but that doesn't mean everyone else will share my opinion. I never even say that anyone SHOULD order from them. I love what I have gotten from them. I also LOVE that you can write Jason and he WILL do whatever to make things right. MY VERY first order I got Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice. So I vaped the pumpkin spice first and LOVED it,...then I vaped the pumpkin and blah, it was okay, but compared to the pumpkin spice, no thanks. I mean there was nothing WRONG with it, just with the two I loved the one and not the other. So I wrote him because I thought maybe I could buy whatever the "spice" part was of the pumpkin spice, just so I could mix it in and then love both bottles. So he wrote back RIGHT AWAY and said with my next order to remind him and he would just GIVE me a bottle of pumpkin spice to make up for my not liking the pumpkin. I mean who does that????? So I was really impressed and I ordered a couple more flavors to try out and sure enough he tossed in the pumpkin spice. He is in CA, I am all the way in IL and I have EVERYTHING in two days. So I am VERY happy, but that does NOT mean EVERYONE will have the same experience. There are vendors where tons of people rave about the liquid and I get the same stuff, same level of nic, and I think it sucks....so obviously everyone isn't going to love the same thing. When I am raving about MY experience it is exactly that....MY experience, and/or my husband's.

Ask Nina/Beans all the flavors I sent her from tons of different vendors, and gonna send her even more....it happens you get flavors you don't like that others love and sometimes you even love them but after awhile they just don't do it. It is all subjective. I don't want anyone feeling like my review was meant to persuade them to buy something...I was merely relating my experience, that is all. I have absolutely NO stake in anyone ordering from anywhere. I am not a supplier nor am I employed by or affiliated with any supplier. But I do love the VR flavors I have gotten, some more than others, some are great mixing flavors for me, like the white choc and the bavarian cream, some I love more on their own.....and then it depends on the day and the mood I am in. But I felt bad when I read the one thing, I believe from Aimee.....I feel like she felt like I had talked her into ordering and then she didn't like it and I felt bad. I really hope you write to Jason because I think he will try to rectify the situation. OR it may be that something a particular vendor uses can just taste bad to a person. We ALL have different body chemistry and things will taste different to different people. Anyway, again, just my opinions.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines