What To Buy?

Erika

i am clueless. i want to quit smoking and switch to the ecigs but i have no clue where to start. I saw the newbie posts and looked up the brands. are the cartridges interchangable between brands? is it easy to refill them? can i just buy the cheap ecig through our local store and be fine with it or is it better to order online? Thank you in advance for all your help!

Erika

Welcome to Vapor Talk, Erika!

The cartridges are not usually interchangeable - depending on what you get. All 510s are the same no matter what the "brand name" is. But a 510 is not interchangeable with say a 801.

Refilling is easy. Direct dripping is easier and better all around.

You can buy the cheap one locally, but I wouldn't advise it. You probably wouldn't be happy with it at all. In my opinion, you'd be much better off starting with the eGo. It's the perfect starting device (and remains a favorite no matter what else you get later on), is easy to use, is small enough it's not "scary" for first time user, is a great fit in the hand, and lots of dealers carry it.

Keep asking questions and you'll know what you want to get soon enough. Everyone will do their best to answer your questions and help you out.

Good luck!!

I would say the Ego or a Joye 510 kit would be the best place to start.Either way you go the parts will interchange.With one of those models you will not have any trouble finding parts.

Welcome to VaporTalk, Erika! I completely agree with the previous posters. The eGo is a top notch starters pv plus it's great for the vets as well. You can vape happily away as you browse all the other pv's out there or better yet, all the goodies that keep popping up on the market for the eGo. The eGo can handle what the inventors through at it. It's one tough little pv!!

Me too for the eGo. Luckily, after doing some research here the eGo was my first buy, but I have certainly heard of a lot of disappointing experiences from the store bought PV's.

I would recommend starting out with an eGo kit and a couple different choices of liquids. Others here can point you to their favorites. The reason I mention it is because I got the tobacco flavored ones (methold, at that) thinking it would be closest to the light menthol cigarettes I smoked, and I hated it. Once I switched to flavored ones (Atomic Cinnacide and currently German Chocolate Cake are my faves), I LOVE vaping and wouldn't light up a nasty old analog on a bet.

Look for sampler size bottles and see what you come up with - that makes it cheaper to start out with.

Erika :animier: Good for you. My best advice is to learn what you can from all these great people and then JUMP in with both feet. You are really in for a treat! I started off with a brand that looked and felt like a real cigarette. Huge disappointment! The eGo is the way to go FOR me. Its easy to use, durable and cost effective. You can also go for the Riva. It's a bit cheaper, but built great just like the eGo, Same machine. Just watch the boards for vendor reviews. Every one here has made it easy for us Noobs. Good Luck! Hope to hear your first review soon!