Noob Gone Wild!

openminde

So i thought i'd share this with the forum members to see if anyone has had the same experience

i have been a pack a day smoker for over twenty years and was on holiday over Christmas and saw the movie "tourist" with Johnny Depp.

the part when he was smoking an electronic cigarette made such an impression on me that i started doing a lot of research. when i say a lot, i mean a whole ton of research (weeks worth).

Stumbled onto this and other forums, read reviews, noob questions and answers, youtube vids and finally decided on the eGO to get started with.

i live overseas and the idea of vaping is a totally new/foreign concept where i'm from (i'm African by the way).

my friend who lives in the states is due to visit in two weeks so i ordered the eGo with a few accessories, spare bats, carts, LR atts etcs for when he was coming.

Few days later, stumbled upon a Boge Leo and ordered that from another website, also with a few accessories.

Few days later again, stumbled on the Tornado tank system and i have yet again ordered the kit with a few accessories (the idea of not dripping and messing with carts was exciting)

I must mention i have also ordered about 200-300 mls of different flavored juices to go with everything.

The kicker: i have never tried an electronic cigarette before and was wondering with three different kits, which one do i start with.

I know this is all overboard but the idea of vaping at home, in my car, at the office and stealth vaping is so exciting i might end up spending a thousand bucks before i even try one!

Welcome to VT Gone Wild and welcome to the world of vaping. The whole concept is relatively new here too, but the word is getting out thanks to celeb's and movies. The e-cig industry is growing quickly, but the US government has decided to get involved. Their not getting their cut of taxes like they get with analogs. New Yorkers have been hit hard by the governments paddle. I'm sure there will be a ripple effect and other states will jump on the band wagon. Vapers must unite and stop the government.

It sounds like you got a lot of new toys to play with. You know what they say "The only difference between men and boys are the cost of their toys" LOL. Well, in the case of e-cigs, that saying goes for women too. Just speaking for myself.

There are a lot of really great video's here on VT that explains how to use your e-cigs to the fullest of their abilities. Also, how to clean atty's, refill and clean carts and cartos, and reviews on different ecigs and e liquid. Depending on what the vendor uses in their liquid, will effect the TH and the amount of vapor you get.

After buying a couple of duds, I found this forum. I am not a proud owner of the eGo and I am loving every puff. I ordered the Tornado Tank system to add to my eGo battery. It came in this past Saturday, but it was DOA. That happens sometimes. I ordered it from Totally Wicked and they quickly responded to my email. I sent it back to them yesterday. Everything I have read on VT about their customer service, I'm not expecting any problems and I'm looking forward to either and new one or my being repaired. I can wait!

You have to check out www.vaporrenu.com . They have some great juice and you can customize your juice. There is also a coupon code you can use that will save you 15% "nujuice". Return customers can save 10% by using coupon code "renu".

The people here on VT are really friendly and will answer any questions you have. They have loads of experience. Also, check out VT Store. They ship out at lighting speed and they too will answer and questions you might have about the products.

Happy vaping in Africa :thumbsup:

Edited by Sharon

Wow! You don't just wade in do you. Good for you!!! All of the ones you've bought so far are outstanding products, you did great. If you can, I would also include a regular pv that takes regular rechargable batteries from any battery store. (non-propierter). There are many to choose from and I'm sure lots of posters will come in with recommendations if you'd like some. I'll get you started: The Silver Bullet is a nice workhorse for instance, that takes PROTECTED 18650 rechargeable battereis.

I would start with the eGo and would save the Leo for when you need a little extra ooomph. It's stronger than the eGo from what I've heard. (loses flavor but achieves extra vapor). It's a beautiful device. So is the eGo.

Welcome to VaporTalk, and a big Kudos to Johnny Depp for having the guts to share the miracle. Vape on!

Your so funny, LOL Gone Wild. I totally understand. In 1 month with e cigs I've managed to spend about 700. :innocent: Who, What, not me. :rolleyes: So I tell Hubby. hehehe. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us. Welcome!

Your so funny, LOL Gone Wild. I totally understand. In 1 month with e cigs I've managed to spend about 700. :innocent: Who, What, not me. :rolleyes: So I tell Hubby. hehehe. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us. Welcome!

Beans, I haven't had the nerve to count how much money I have spent over the last 4 months. I do know one thing, if I don't ease up, I'm going to have to go without food for a while. Can you live off of vaping? hahahah :thumbup:

Considering how much time I spend on VT forum, filling cartos, cleaning cartos, and vaping, I could be rich if I could find a way to make money doing this. LOL

God bless the vapors. :animier:

Wow, openminde... You give new credence to the phrase, "Backups, backups, backups." Congratulations on swan diving headlong into vaping. I am sure you will not be disappointed in your purchases. Even if the eGo and the Leo are the same device, you will not need to buy attys or spare batteries for quite some time, and I have heard lots of rave reviews on the tank. Make sure you post any subtle differences in the units. This can give us newer vapers more information on which to base a purchase decision. And no matter how much you spend on hardware and juice, you cannot put a price on your health.

Happy vaping.^^

Well, I can totally relate. I've spent several hours a night the last few weeks reading and watching vids. I just joined VT because the people here are really great. I've been going a little overboard (ordering form the same company 2 days later before the original order arrives). I've done that a few times now because I get excited about something and dive in. But, how much money did you spend smoking? Think about not just the smokes, but lighters, new clothes, washing more often, burnt car seats, etc. I think it's money well spent. My wife, who hasn't seen a bill yet, thinks I'm crazy but is more than happy to be around me (and even kiss more often :offtopic: because I don't smell or taste like cigs. No matter what, vaping is better than smoking any day!

VT has been awesome in welcoming me and you'll be happy here. I'm sure Chris would be happy to fulfill your vaping needs as well!!

Welcome! The spending does level off once you figure out your vaping habits, what works for you....figure out what kinds of flavors you like etc. My husband and I calculated this whole thing out. In the first several months we had spent WAY more than we would have smoking for that time, HOWEVER, then it dropped off dramatically as we weren't buying new hardware all the time, just the liquid since we were cleaning our cartos. So we have spent about 60-65% less than smoking overall. But even if it cost the same, we would do it, for us it was about the health aspect, not the money....that was just a bonus. Have fun playing with your new toys.....and feeling healthier! I smoked 2-3 ppd for 30 years, and have NO desire to ever smoke again!! It does take some getting used to, it is different than smoking, so be patient!

In the vaping world there is no such thing as having too many supplies !!!

You will love vaping. The Ego will be a great place to begin learning the tricks of vaping, but I am sure you will be playing with all your new toys

I love being to vape anytime and anywhere I want. No more waiting for that next cigarette, no stink either.

You are in for an amazing adventure.

Welcome openminde you are into a mind blowing way of life. You have done well with your purchases because your Tornado Tank battery and your eGo battery are one in the same just different names, made by the same company. You will have to use the tank atomizers with the tank system and from what I have read you will have to use the atomizer that will come with the Leo with only the Leo. Are you somewhere you will be able to order and get your supplies?

I have not smoked in over three months and I was a pack a day smoker for 48 years and quit the first week I started vaping. It is the greatest thing I know to substitute for smoking.

Good luck with your adventure.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement.

i can't wait to get my new kits and start pouring out the proverbial "clouds of vapor!".

I've been practicing sucking on a pen as way to get used to the different way of vaping and it *gasp* isn't so bad. So long as i produce that vapor.

I think i've figured out that the ego mega battery plus the tornado tanks i got plus the leo will get the most use.

But then again, i could spring for a mod *haha*. We'll see.

I'll post up again when i've had the chance to try them out.

So i thought i'd share this with the forum members to see if anyone has had the same experience

i have been a pack a day smoker for over twenty years and was on holiday over Christmas and saw the movie "tourist" with Johnny Depp.

the part when he was smoking an electronic cigarette made such an impression on me that i started doing a lot of research. when i say a lot, i mean a whole ton of research (weeks worth).

Stumbled onto this and other forums, read reviews, noob questions and answers, youtube vids and finally decided on the eGO to get started with.

i live overseas and the idea of vaping is a totally new/foreign concept where i'm from (i'm African by the way).

my friend who lives in the states is due to visit in two weeks so i ordered the eGo with a few accessories, spare bats, carts, LR atts etcs for when he was coming.

Few days later, stumbled upon a Boge Leo and ordered that from another website, also with a few accessories.

Few days later again, stumbled on the Tornado tank system and i have yet again ordered the kit with a few accessories (the idea of not dripping and messing with carts was exciting)

I must mention i have also ordered about 200-300 mls of different flavored juices to go with everything.

The kicker: i have never tried an electronic cigarette before and was wondering with three different kits, which one do i start with.

I know this is all overboard but the idea of vaping at home, in my car, at the office and stealth vaping is so exciting i might end up spending a thousand bucks before i even try one!

I have only been vaping for a month. I to did alot of research. i decided to go with the ego usb passthrough battery and accessories. i stumbled across a site www.unsmoke.us which had great prices and alot of info about all the products. i think you will enjoy vaping as alot of people do. good luck!

LOL I have to laugh. As another new vaper, I can totally relate, spending a lot of time here, looking at new stuff.

I have a Joye eGo too, and I love it. I am so glad it was my first purchase.

It just feels so good to not have to smoke anymore! Since my e-juice arrived last Friday, I have had a few "bored" moments of thinking "I want a cigarette" and then, thought, "Noooooo, my e-cig tastes a thousand times better." Vape a few minutes and I am perfectly content!

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my addiction! I have spend my entire years budget (for analogs) in just one month! I'm loving this. I just got the Tornado Tank..It's amazing. Money well spent. Of course, I had to run to another website and purchase some new flavors to try. Let us know what you think of your new e-cigs, after you try them all..

I can so relate to the "Gone Wild" part of vaping as a Noobie. I've only been vaping for a little over 4 months. My vaping experience went wild when I stumbled onto this wonderful forum. I had to put my bank card in the freezer to cool it off! LOL :whistle:

But in return, I found a ecig that is a gem, (eGo lover), the best vapor store (VT Store), and a lot of great fellow vapor's to guide me along the way.

I am waiting, impatiently, for my Tornado Tank atty to come in. I hear that it is the next best thing to drinking my favorite e liquid. Just kidding folks, I know that it is not good to "Drink the Juice".

Sounds like you have an awesome collection of e cigs to start off your new journey. I sure hope you like all the juice you ordered. If you need to order additional supplies, can you have them shipped directly to where you live?

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your e cig experiences. :thumbsup:

I'm right there with you openminde...I don't even want to know how much I've spent in the past month of noob vaping. As with any new found hobby (did I just spell habit wrong?) there is a "honeymoon" phase where we tend to go overboard, I'm certainly guilty as charged, but I suspect this tappers off once dialed in (I hope!). I am still trying to find a juice that is truly satisfying for an all day vape. I've been through several orders with various vendors and still the search goes on.....as does the spending!!

If I may offer any advice, from one noob to another, try and wait a little before you make your first mod. I made a few boxes my first week in vaping and now I'm left with a nasty little bite from the mod bug! Although I find great joy in tinkering with and making mods, I am gunna go broke quick in a cloud of vapor....POOF!!! I hope you enjoy your transition from analogs, it has been surprisingly easy for me, which is an awesome feeling!!

Oh and PS - I highly recommend Cisco Spec LR 306 attys!

Happy Vaping!!

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted here and since then I've started the DIY Juice and Modding. I'm going to start building my first box mod tonight, hopefully. I think I may mix up a few concoctions also. . . Oh, the joys of something new.

I should start dating again. . . wait, my wife wouldn't like that. I'll stick to vaping.

spending spending spending - you all are not alone. I look forward to packages about every other day but I"m going to have to stop soon there is really nothing else I need now, and I have enough juice for 10 vapers LOL

Beans, I haven't had the nerve to count how much money I have spent over the last 4 months. I do know one thing, if I don't ease up, I'm going to have to go without food for a while. Can you live off of vaping? hahahah :thumbup:

Considering how much time I spend on VT forum, filling cartos, cleaning cartos, and vaping, I could be rich if I could find a way to make money doing this. LOL

God bless the vapors. :animier:

I spent a little over 500.00 the first month.