2 Months In...

But I have taken a "plunge", in that I have a 5 volt pt. set to arrive (hopefully) tomorrow. Have some 3.2/3.5 cartos, 2 amp wall adapter and 2 amp car charger coming along with this. Have some 2.5ish attys already, so to hold costs down and make the cfo (wife) happy...(well ..at least bearable...lifelong non-smoker and she does not get this vaping thing at all) I didn't order any higher voltage attys, but have read numerous posts of folks using these at 5 volts with no problems and even if they tank I have already pretty much used and abused them for all they are worth. So.. I guess I'm looking for some heads-up on what to expect....what to do or more importantly what NOT to my new pt..Have read that the weak points are at each end of the cable so thought I might fortify those 2 areas with elec. tape??? Yes?? Don't bother?? Also what kind of life expectancy should I be hoping to get out of this? (don't know if this matters, but ordered all of this from madvapes). Thanks in advance, you guys on this forum are the best..that's why I check out this forum about 8 times a day.

Those PTs have always been hit and miss with how long they last. I've heard of them lasting a very long time, and I've heard of them lasting only a couple of weeks.

Anyhow, you'll ike the 5V experience.

Welcome back to vaping, Hawk! The 5v sounds sweet for your needs. Rest assured, you don't need the LR atties/cartos with a 5v vaping machine.

Thanks Uma....I'm stoked about the 5 volt....love my EGO, literally changed my life (analog free ), but now I want something...more...probably on my way to a vv, but need to test the waters along the way. LOL..I guess I inherited this "frugality" gene from my dad....you know...we just don't jump into things willy-nilly...got to look around and make sure we're doing the right..smart..thing..no hurry...it will still be there tomorrow. Money doesn't grow on trees etc....Dad was a funny guy but he always (at least according to him) found the best deal. Who knows...maybe he did. Anyway...just biding my time waiting to "5 volt it". Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately not really familiar with madvapes PT. I do own 3 different types of PT's--(1) 3.7v and (2) 5 v--I haven't had any trouble with either end of the PT wiring. You can always determine structure strength when you have it in your hand and decide if you think you need to reinforce. The 5V does take a bit of relearning. I have found I take a shorter draw and it really does burn juice a bit faster. Personally, I love 4.5 - 5V.

Cant wait to hear what you think thumbsup.gif

I have had PTs from several different vendors.....have had them die as fast as a couple days, and right now I have one that has been around almost a month, which is the longest ANY have lasted. I wrote several vendors and the warranty is generally nothing longer than 60 days, and most a LOT less. A couple of them have said with heavy use they should last around 3 mos, and average use is 6 mos. NOTHING to do with any weak point....they just stop working but NOT because of anything with the wiring. Don't know why they die so fast, I had thought they would last LONGER than batts, but nope. I really don't understand it. But seems that they are not expected to last long with regular, all day type use. I have read the same types of complaints on pretty much every vaping board I have found. Jolly is making us two PTs that he says WILL last MUCH longer than anything I could buy from China, so we will see.....they also look totally different...like a box type shape, not a stick style. I really don't care if it was shaped like an elephant.....just that it works for some reasonable amount of time. I could deal with 3-4 mos....but a week, less than a month to me is ridiculous. So far from like 10-13 PTs (both mine and my husband's....his all died too in under a month) we haven't had ANYTHING happen to any wire or anything that electrical tape would have aided with. So far I haven't talked to anyone who has had one last beyond 6 weeks....with daily use. Some days I NEVER use a battery, as my laptop/netbook is right next to me when not in use, so I vape on the PT and NOTHING else. I don't get it, but then I don't really understand exactly what is inside a PT that may be causing the issue. OH and manual, auto, has made absolutely no difference. EXCEPT the one I am currently vaping on.....it is almost a month old, by far the longest life span I have had.

Thanks for the info. I had read somewhere that the weak points were at the ends of the cord (at the usb and at the passthru) and thought I might try to be smart and reinforce those 2 areas to avoid a problem. Somewhat disheartening to hear that they don't seem to have much of a lifespan, but I'm still really stoked to try a 5 volt. Unfortunately the mailperson stiffed me today ( I have mental pictures of her sitting @ home hitting on my pt ), and we have had crap weather today and even worse is expected for the next 2. Hope that neither rain nor sleet etc...oh well, still have the ego to fall back on. Thanks again.