One Small Step For Ecigs

LoriHNC

That's awesome! I was actually thinking about creating a master list of places that allow vaping indoors.

Thats a good idea. I'd love to carry a list to show places that I frequent, to convince them to join in. This would encourage more people to try them and potentially become commonly used anywhere.

This bowling alley sells Blu's at the desk. My next step would be to have them carry a "better" model :)

At our local bowling center, there's a sign at the front desk that says "Use of Electronic Cigarettes are permitted in this establishment"

Gotta love that!!!!

The fact that they would post a sign might suggest that the owner, manager, or someone influential there is a vaper.

Edited by miatafrank

I was at a mall this weekend, and I've made it a habit to explain to someone in charge before I begin vaping indoors to ensure there are no problems. When I asked one of the local security guards, he hesitated, and then told me he'd have to ask his manager. When the manager came over, his eyes kind of lit up and he pulled an electronic cigarette out of his pocket. Needless to say, it was okay but it was really cool to run into a fellow vaper. At least I got to waste a little time while my wife pillaged Rue21.

Does anyone else ask/explain before they vape?

That is awesome. So far I haven't had a single problem. NO ONE anywhere has told me that I couldn't vape in any business, whether it be a store or restaurant. Once they see it is not a cigarette, no one has ever said anything about not using it. So far most people have known what it was, but often just not seen one in real life, and they are interested if anything. Almost all of them either say they are interested for themselves or some other person in their life. No one has ever told me I had to stop using it. I do not try to antagonize anyone or anything though either. I do not blow big billows of vapor around or anything. Usually, if I am at a restaurant I blow it down toward the floor, or I swallow it and don't exhale at all since you don't really NEED to. I do not want to intentionally act like I am trying to get around smoking laws, that was never my intention. So I am a polite user, so far so good, no problems anywhere.

I was at a mall this weekend, and I've made it a habit to explain to someone in charge before I begin vaping indoors to ensure there are no problems. When I asked one of the local security guards, he hesitated, and then told me he'd have to ask his manager. When the manager came over, his eyes kind of lit up and he pulled an electronic cigarette out of his pocket. Needless to say, it was okay but it was really cool to run into a fellow vaper. At least I got to waste a little time while my wife pillaged Rue21.

Does anyone else ask/explain before they vape?

no, I have never asked. I figure if someone has an issue they will address it when and if it is a problem. So far that has NEVER happened, aside from a few ppl saying, "is that one of those electric cigarette things"?

i vape pretty much everywhere. malls, bars, and other "public" high-traffic type places have never said a word. i keep it on the down-low when i am at school, but i still do it, and i KNOW the cops and/or faculty have seen me. still, no one ever said anything. the rare times when people do say something... it's more like "is that one of those electronic cigarettes?... cool!" and that about it.

i vape pretty much everywhere. malls, bars, and other "public" high-traffic type places have never said a word. i keep it on the down-low when i am at school, but i still do it, and i KNOW the cops and/or faculty have seen me. still, no one ever said anything. the rare times when people do say something... it's more like "is that one of those electronic cigarettes?... cool!" and that about it.

yup, same thing here. I have vaped in the hospital as a patient, visitor and just someone along. IN FACT, a couple weeks ago my dad had to go for an angiogram and I went with because he had to be sedated and could not drive afterward. As he was having all the prep work done, I was vaping when one of the cardio nurses blew in and immediately she asked about it because she had hear about e cigs but never seen one. So I whipped my entire little supply box out of my purse, she gave me some sort of "implememt" (not really sure what it was, but it was some sterile pick like thing that she promptly unwrapped) so I could pop the cap off the top of a carto, showed her how I fill them....explained my whole cleaning process. She whipped out a pad of paper and was writing down URLS, and took my email and said she was going to order a starter kit. She said she had been thinking about it but wanted to see someone who really used one. So guess what, she did. And NO ONE said one word to me IN THE HOSPITAL about using it. I only used it in my dad's little room, not like just out in the more public areas. It was actually funny because she sent in her other smoking co workers to see it in action. I explained that there were many devices, a lot better than what I had, available and that I had other stuff ordered, etc. But that really any of the decent starter kits were a good place to begin. They were ALL interested....which I think it great given they are med professionals.

But in stores and restaurants NO ONE has ever said I couldn't use it or anything. Like you said, if anything was said it was more an expression of interest. My husband is a professional musician and plays in clubs and occasionally I go to his shows and I openly use my e cigs in clubs and NO ONE has ever said anything there, other than once in a while a small group gathering by me to check it out. But basically ANY attention has been positive, no one saying I couldn't or shouldn't be using it. I use it in the car and once a cop was pulled up next to us and he did a double take for a brief moment and did nothing. I got the impression he knew what it was. But I would NOT seek out any security person if I was at a mall or anything to ASK for permission. Most malls have kiosks selling them anyway. At least here they do. All the major gas stations have the disposable variety as well.

Stories like all of those above are awesome to hear for me. I personally keep on the down low most of the time, but if I have a craving I pull out my Tornado and do a few hits. So far I haven't had anyone tell me to stop, just a few funny looks that seemed to be curiosity to me. I dream of a day that vaping is the new "norm" and everyone does it without any remorse, embarrassment, or even a second thought, it would just be natural. Those days may be far away, but we all gotta have dreams, right?

Stories like all of those above are awesome to hear for me. I personally keep on the down low most of the time, but if I have a craving I pull out my Tornado and do a few hits. So far I haven't had anyone tell me to stop, just a few funny looks that seemed to be curiosity to me. I dream of a day that vaping is the new "norm" and everyone does it without any remorse, embarrassment, or even a second thought, it would just be natural. Those days may be far away, but we all gotta have dreams, right?

I imagine that depends where you live. I mean, here they are everywhere as far as being sold. All the major gas stations....including the really big ones right off the highway sell them right by the checkout, like on their own big rack. It would be hard to miss them. BUT it would be nice to have a day come where the smokers will get the odd looks....when the e cigs will be SO common that people will think anyone smoking still is foolish. But for the tobacco industry to take that kind of hit, I don't know. That would seriously affect the economy in areas where tobacco is a big industry/crop. I don't really have any qualms about using mine openly....the ONLY exception is when I am inpatient at the hospital. Just because they don't want you putting ANY chemical that they aren't controlling in your body. I mean, they will happily provide a nicotine patch, but vaping, they don't stop it, but they don't like it. I do what I want, I have no problem asserting myself. Although if I was asked to stop I wouldn't cause a fuss or anything. Stores, malls, restaurants are private property and they have the right to not allow/allow whatever they want. But so far I have had zero problems. Oh, the hospital waiting room and doctor's waiting room I "sneak vape" too.....just don't want people asking me stupid questions. But in the actual exam rooms I openly use it. All my doctors and their nurses know I vape and they all think it is great. The very first time I showed the internist, he did not know what it was, I told him to google electronic cig and when I came back the following month, he had read about them and was TOTALLY cool about it and has been ever since. My other doctors were totally fine with it too. I am glad at least we have had no issues around here with them.

the only place I've had a problem was at work. I'm a line cook at a Friendly's and EVERYONE there has been super supportive (they know what an analog fiend I was). The only exception is my GM who was really interested the first day, and then yelled at me a couple days later. I thought he was joking and then he very plainly assured me he wasn't. When I asked why he said "because it's just some ******** deception" needless to say I vape in the bathroom now, or when he's not working.

I had read somewhere that someone or some supplier gave out business card sized explanation thingies you could carry with you, I've already passed out all the VaporTalk business cards I got with my eGo and stuff. I'd be more than happy to have VT E-Cig explanation cards and hand em out.

I openly Vape anywhere and everywhere. I too get questions, and interests, and as some of you may already know, I have converted about 8 peeps so far, and work at it daily to promote the ecig to everyone i can. The ONLY time I ever got booted from a restaraunt was when there was only two other people in there, and they were all the way on the other side of the room. The waitress explained that they have a no ecig policy, i asked why, and she said that another employee was vaping on the clock, and at that time, the Manager enfored the policy for everyone including customers....I finished my beer and told her that me and my party of 5 will be meeting across the street, at another restauraunt, and we would not be back..ever. On to good news...My girlfrieds mother, a 40+ year smoker, got her Ego about 2 weeks ago. She text me this morning and said "I had my last cigarette on Fri. morning"!...I was very proud and excited for her, just as much as she was!

On the backs of the V4L business cards it states...."The person presenting this card is using a personal vaporizer" aka an e-cigarartte. This e-cigarette is not a traditional cigarette and contains no tobacco, nor does it burn or produce smoke. What you see when the person exhales is vapor, NOT SMOKE, that is made up of approximately 99% water, 1% nicotine and some other flavoring compounds.~Please allow our client to use this e-cigarette in your business establishment as they are NOT subject to ANY STATE or FEDERAL SMOKING bans. These devices are a substitute for smoking analog (traditional cigarettes). If you have other questions regarding our products please contact us with the information on the front of this card. Thank you-The Vapor4Life Team"

Now of course in a place of business, that is different, they can make up any rules they want. They could say no using anything in your hands because your hands should be busy working. But of course then they would have to apply that equally and not allow anyone else to do anything else unnecessary with their hands. Probably best to just sneak a drag/puff/whatever, when he isn't looking or around.

The fact that they would post a sign might suggest that the owner, manager, or someone influential there is a vaper.

No, it means: "Come to the front desk and I'll sell you a Blu Electronic Cigarette, so you can vape here while you bowl, and I will make even more money off of you."

At least they are letting folks vape inside though I suppose. :thumbsup:

Edited by DAYVAPE

I'm planning on getting a picture of the signs this week. I don't know if I'll get there myself, but my son bowls with his friends on Weds nights and my daughter works there on weekends, so one of them will take some pics. I'll post them as soon as I get them :)

Our neighbor works there bartending and she told me this past weekend that they don't allow her or any employees to go outside to smoke a cig on breaks. So, I lent her my original 510 kit batteries/cartos and some liquid to use when she works. She said it's great, she runs to the ladies room and vapes when she can. Another recruit??? We shall see :)

I'm planning on getting a picture of the signs this week. I don't know if I'll get there myself, but my son bowls with his friends on Weds nights and my daughter works there on weekends, so one of them will take some pics. I'll post them as soon as I get them :)

Our neighbor works there bartending and she told me this past weekend that they don't allow her or any employees to go outside to smoke a cig on breaks. So, I lent her my original 510 kit batteries/cartos and some liquid to use when she works. She said it's great, she runs to the ladies room and vapes when she can. Another recruit??? We shall see :)

Here is the Blu display. My son said the sign that says you can vape there was moved from the front desk and was hidden behind liquor bottles in the bar area. He isn't 21 so he couldn't get that pic. I will still get there for that one. The Blu sign, however, does say "vape here".

post-2969-0-97895900-1296148544_thumb.jp

Man that's great. I am in NC and would love to bowl a few frames there. I may have missed it, but where is the alley at? LoriHNC, are you coming to the meet in Raleigh on Saturday?

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/9823-raleigh-nc-vape-meet/

I agree a list of "Vaper Friendly" establishments would be awesome... (Maybe listed by state.)

Man that's great. I am in NC and would love to bowl a few frames there. I may have missed it, but where is the alley at? LoriHNC, are you coming to the meet in Raleigh on Saturday?

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/9823-raleigh-nc-vape-meet/

I agree a list of "Vaper Friendly" establishments would be awesome... (Maybe listed by state.)

I wish I could make that meet, but I simply can't right now. I'm unemployed and things are super tight. I hope to get to one at some point though, it would be fun.

The alley is in Mooresville, called Victory Lanes. It's a nice place, big bar/restaurant, big billiards area with 8 tables, game room, etc.

Have fun at the meet. :)

Edit: Perhaps we could arrange a meet at this bowling alley one day soon. I could talk to them about it.

Edited by LoriHNC

Nice,I know Mooresville pretty well. (I eat oysters at Big Daddy's whenever I get out that way.) I couldn't promise to make a meet out there, (I don't travel for work anymore), but the next time I am around I will definitely swing through Victory Lanes and let them know how supportive I am of their policy with my patronage. Thanks again for the heads-up, and I will think about getting started on that list....

Nice,I know Mooresville pretty well. (I eat oysters at Big Daddy's whenever I get out that way.) I couldn't promise to make a meet out there, (I don't travel for work anymore), but the next time I am around I will definitely swing through Victory Lanes and let them know how supportive I am of their policy with my patronage. Thanks again for the heads-up, and I will think about getting started on that list....

Cool. Yeah, Big Daddy's is always packed on weekends. Another good place for oysters is Vinnie's Sardine on the lake right off exit 33. Have fun