What E-Cig Should I Buy As A First?

Hello, I have recently decided that E-cigs would be a better way for me to live my life because i am a 19 year old sports player. I am looking for something that looks like a regular cig and isnt very big, but i would also like a longer battery life. The cheaper the better because im in college and also something that isnt to confusing to use/recharge/refill becuase im not that tech savy. Post links and info about whatever E-cigs you think are best for the description i have given you.

:2guns:

First of all Welcome to Vapor Talk.

This is the age old question...

The Noobie Guide

Jargon for Noobs

Which E-Cig Is The Best?

I can tell you I love my eGo. Most of the Supporting Suppliers have what you need.

In a nut shell you need a Starter Kit and some eJuice.

Juices are a little harder to recommend only because what I LOVE you may HATE. Go for sample packs.

If you have a specific question about a Starter Kit feel free to ask.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. Glad you've joined us.

Well you have two ways to go here. If you want something that's close to the size of a regular cigarette then I would have to suggest the 510 w/manual battery...or a KR808D-1 that uses cartomizers. They are both fairly slim and work quite well. However the battery life on these is rather low. They will generally last about an hour to an hour and a half before you need to recharge. Now if you want an outstanding unit I would have to suggest the eGo. Uses the same atty's and cartomizers as the 510 but with better battery life and much better performance. It's a bigger device, but not huge. Looks nothing like an analog but works great. You can usually get between 6-8 hrs of use for a heavy vapor before it needs to recharge.

Look around at several vendors and do some research before you decide. But never never buy a unit from the mall kiosk. I'm sure others will come in and help you also so I hope you find what works best for you.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Again, welcome to vapor talk. I know you said you wanted something that's similar in size to a cigarette, but as snubb mentioned, the ones that are like that don't have very good battery life. Your best bet is an ego or riva. Either one will last you a minimum of like 5 hours before needing recharged. Mine lasts all week using it at work and to and from work before it needs recharged. I have both the ego and the riva. I prefer the riva for its button. It's made of rubber, and the ego button is made of plastic. The plastic button on the ego gets stuck sometimes. Also, you said you're looking for something relatively cheap. The Riva is about half the price of an Ego, and in some cases, even a little cheaper than the 510. I know next to nothing about the KR808 besides the fact that it's a 2-piece design, meaning it uses cartomizers(an atomizer - the part that heats the liquid - and cartridge - the part that contains the filler and holds the juice - combined in one piece). Cartomizers tend to be more convenient than cartridges, but they are disposable and don't last as long as atomizers(they're also cheaper than atomizers).

A 510 kit will cost you about $40. An Ego kit will cost you like $70 - $80, and you can get a Riva kit for $37.49 at www.liberty-flights.com.

Neither of these come with PCCs(portable charger case, which is a cigarette-pack shaped portable battery charger. They also make some of them to look like an clamshell-style cigarette case). If you get a 510 or a KR808, you'll definitely want a PCC, which will cost you another $15-$20. The Riva/Ego practically eliminates the need for a PCC unless you plan on being stuck in the wilderness with no electricity.

The Ego/Riva looks nothing like a cigarette(I say it looks more like a kazoo, sort of), and it's about the thickness of a cigar. You might not realize it now, but trust me, it's worth it. You will be much better off and much less frustrated when you don't have to change your battery every couple hours.

Edited by DerStadtschutz