Your cart is empty!
View Cart Checkout
Cart subtotal: $0.00
Welcome to Vapor Talk E Cig Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Do You Get Sores In Your Mouth Sometimes From Vaping And What Can You Do To Prevent It

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Sandy

Sandy

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 6 posts
Sometimes my tongue gets sore and I have been trying different
juices and never had this happen before. Is that because
of not being 100 percent vg? :rolleyes2: Thank you, Sandy

mcquinn

mcquinn

Vapor Talk Uber God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,508 posts
  • Interests:HVAC/R tech.,guitar,music in general,
Might be getting liquid or condensate in your mouth.If you use atties wipe off and blow out the tip ,if you use carto's watch overfilling.You can sling out excess liquid or they will act like a sippy straw and give you a mouth full of Juice.Drip tips or a cut down cart will give you more distance between the liquid and your mouth.

Christopher

Christopher

The Godfather

• Vapor Talk Founder
  • 9,639 posts
It's not something I've personally had a problem with but others have reported it. Most of us usually keep some kind of drink close by. (Cold Water is of course always good for you)

It's also good practice (and often overlooked) to keep your mouth pieces clean. Wipe your electronic cigarette down with an alcohol wipe every night before storing it. Unlike cigarettes, ecigs parts are used over and over. Like anything, there is a chance for bacteria to build up. After all, everything you touch, will end up on your ecig.

Lily

Lily

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 345 posts
Hi again, I just answered your other post on the Joye 510. I've never had any vaping related complications such as a sore tongue. I get a mouth full of Juice every once in a while if I overfill a carto or add too much e-liquid to the atomizer wick when I direct dip. I do wipe out the drip tip often because of the condensation that forms on the inside of the dtip becuz I taste it. I don't believe a sore tongue would have anything to do with VG or PG except there is a small percentage of the population who may be allergic to PG. It's hard to say in your situation however, keeping the drip tip clean is good advice. I have a paper towel or kleenex near me all the time. Gluck.

Lily

Lily

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 345 posts

Sometimes my tongue gets sore and I have been trying different
juices and never had this happen before. Is that because
of not being 100 percent vg? :rolleyes2: Thank you, Sandy

Hi, I guess that wasn't your post on the 510, sorry...

Jodie

Jodie

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 67 posts
I have gotten slight sores in my mouth after vaping 100% VG juices that are "citrucy" like lemon or raspberry. I don't know if this is the "cause" but I do notice a pattern there. So I only use those sparingly or will mix with my 80/20 pg/vg juices like my lemon/lime one. Once my 100% VG's are gone, I won't be getting anymore of those as I feel they are too "syrupy" overall. 80/20 is perfect for me.

SmokeSkins

SmokeSkins

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 45 posts
It actually might not even occur because of vaping. How is your diet? Are you getting enough sleep? Is the weather changing over there? Theres a plethora of other factors to consider as well.

easilyamused

easilyamused

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 413 posts
i too have one on my tongue that seems to come and go, ive since started using a pg/vg blend and seem to be doing fine but personally i think in my case it may have been from the times i over filled the carto and it spit at me, learning curve, im getting much better now at topping off the carto without little Juice explosions. i hope that helps some

Tagsanstuff

Tagsanstuff

Vaping Chick

• VIP Member
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:vaping,computers,
    family and friends.
I use to get them a lot. but they stopped. I use a 50/50 mix of VG and PG

Dondlelinger

Dondlelinger

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 51 posts
Also remember canker soars are a symptom from quitting smoking and for some people this can last for over 1 year.. it actually might just be your body removing toxins... I just rinse(do not swallow) with hydrogen peroxide, for 3 days and problem is solved

Edited by Dondlelinger, 22 April 2011 - 03:35 AM.