I'm Rich!

jonnoh

By government order, analogues are now RM 13.50 per pack. I just changed my counter to reflect the price increase. I have now saved well over RM 15,000. I of course realise this isn't dollars, and of course I didn't spend that much when I first started vaping, but you've got to admit it looks impressive. Too bad I'm still looking for where it goes. Oh yeah, divide by 3 to get approx US dollars.

Edited by jonnoh

That is too cool! I am so impressed with the amount of money that I have saved, by not smoking. Then reality hits and I realize I still spend so much on vape gear that the savings are minimal. Of course as poor of a personal money manager as I am, I have not been able to tell the difference!

Uh oh! My stupid is showing. I thought I could just click on the banner and change the amount of analogue cost and it would auto change in my post but I forgot how to do it.

I honestly don't know how I survived when I smoked... I spend in a week (vaping) now, what I use to spend in a day or two smoking... and one premium cigar (which I bought more often than I should have) would run as much as I paid for my MVP!

I've saved tons, even after factoring in all the hardware and juice I've bought in the past 7+ months, and I will say it did NOT hurt my wallet when I dropped big-bucks for a new competition bow, 2-dozen custom arrows, and hard-case for my son last month. A year ago, I would have had to set aside $ for a several months to be able to "not feel pain" in a purchase like that :D

Wish I could say the same. Maybe its the newness of the hobby but Im spending way more on Vaping :(.

Yes, for the first 2-3 months, I was upside-down on my vaping expenditures :) After I stockpiled tanks, batteries, coils, and juice, I suddenly found myself not NEEDING to buy anything new... only WANTING... which forced me to engage some willpower to not buy anything new all summer (except a few juices). Within the next few months, I THEN realized how much money vaping was actually saving me!

For example... I use to spend $45/week smoking (bare minimum).... and in August, I spent $200 on MODs, RTAs, RDAs, and supplies. After not spending anything all summer, I didn't feel the hit... and other than 180ml of juice bought around the same time (~$65 including shipping)... I've not spent another dime (another 3-months, expenditure-free) :D So, since June, I've spent ~$300-350 on vaping... but I've saved another $600-700 by NOT smoking. It adds up over time... trust me!

Once you line-out your preference in equipment and juices, you're only expenses will be juice, coils on occasion, and replacing damaged/out-dated hardware (few and far between expenses).

It's really cool to see how people reconcile the savings on analogues compared to expenditures on vaping products. We all have a different approach. I always justified anything I bought by how much I would have spent on 2 packs a day. But I have an advantage. My sig other is always buying me cool stuff. I hope it's because he's happy I'm not smoking so I'll live longer, but honestly I think it's because he hates the smell of tobacco :)