I LOVE this about vaping!

3 smokers coming in from a smoke, for about the 6th time tonight: "****! IT'S ******* FREEZING!!"
Me: *takes a long drag, exhales while talking* "Sorry, I hadn't noticed. Man, it's toasty in here, and this couch is so comfy. There's even a TV in front of it! Mmmm.... Chocolate. What flavor's yours? Oh, that's right."

Maybe I'm mean, but I love rubbing it in!

Okay, so we were at my sister's tonight. The only family member who's house, now, that can still be smoked in. No big deal, I think. Some of this I will detail in our VIP thread, but most of this can go here. I forgot, last time I sat near smokers, I was on a bench outside of Shop N Save, vaping, while waiting on my ride, when, maybe it was only one, but two at most smokers were near me and I was practically freaking about the smoky smell.

But, remember, we smoked in our house up until July 27. Yeah, we've washed curtains, and blankets, and coats and clothes, but haven't done anything like carpet or upholstery shampooing, so walking into sis' house didn't smell different to me, since no one had one lit up at the time we walked in.

So, we get there, and I sit down, and people are still eating, so no big deal, but it's also not formal, so when my sister finished eating, she settled down and lit one up. Now, this is a Kool. This is the LAST CIGARETTE I SMOKED. And YES, part of me wanted to grab it out of her hand and suck it down, STILL. But another part of me, well, it was sort of put off by the smell, but it didn't smell like I expected it to, even when my dad lit up a Marlboro Red (my preferred cigarettes, even though we bought el cheapos and lights), it wasn't the stale smell you expect, but it was offputting.

Shortly after we quit, we started discussing whether we would let visitors smoke in the house. Granted, the only person I can see visiting us that smokes analogs is either my dad or my sister, but I was in favor of letting our visitors smoke in the house. I mean, I remember when we were young, and we would go to another couple's house that didn't smoke, they would let us smoke in their house.

Now, I'm not so sure. I mean, like I said, it's not the smell you would normally associate with a smoker, the stale smoke smell coming in off the coat, or clinging to the hair, that smell that kind of bares its teeth at you and announces it's presence.....I just can't describe it.

If I went through the effort of getting the smoke smell out of me house like you have I would not allow it for that reason alone. You can always use your house ban as a motivator to get them vaping!

(I never smoked in my house for the odor reasons)

Flamable cigarettes are banned at my house. My headmates have never allowed smoking in the house, even when I smoked. Well, they did allow the non-tobacco cigarettes I used to smoke. (Tobacco substitute, NOT weed)

You mean like herbal cigarettes? Okay, I've heard about them, but never seen them. And I mean herbal, not....you know, THE herb.

If I went through the effort of getting the smoke smell out of me house like you have I would not allow it for that reason alone. You can always use your house ban as a motivator to get them vaping!

(I never smoked in my house for the odor reasons)

Well, I understand it from both ends of the spectrum. When my mom quit smoking, she banned it in her house (despite my dad smoking) because with her cardiovascular issues, she doesn't/didn't need to be exposed to second hand smoke, and certainly not thirteen years of it. With my in-laws, we've NEVER been able to smoke in there, because my mother in law has very, very severe asthma, we can't even vape in her house. My brother has no medical issues, but banned smoking in his house after he quit, shortly after my mom quit. It was a pain in the behind in all situations, but at least the first two I understood. And with my mom's house, if there are family get togethers, they are in the summer usually, which means everyone's sorta comfortably settled on the back deck (and most of those adults smoke), so we could smoke with freedom there.

But like I said, I understand what it's like to be a smoker kicked out of someone's house to indulge in my dirty habit, but, at least when my oldest is home from school, I have another reason to kick them out of my house (I'll PM you, Hav, I'm probably going to mention it on the Thanksgiving thread on the VIP forums, but I can't discuss it on the open forums).

And I should clarify something. In my post when I said Kools were the last cigarettes I smoked, I meant literally. We normally smoked a very cheap Marlboro Light Class C knock off that we could get at Dirt Cheap for just over $20 a carton. My last slip up, August 14, when my mom was in the hospital, AGAIN, with another instance of her femoral artery being blocked because they hadn't leveled off her blood thinners, I had a total of three of my sister's Kools. The fact that I was able to almost enjoy them even led me to try just one Kool flavored juice sample, but it was too menthol-y.

You mean like herbal cigarettes? Okay, I've heard about them, but never seen them. And I mean herbal, not....you know, THE herb.

Yes. These were my herbals of choice. http://www.clovesmokes.com/EcstacyOrig.htm

Did they work? Not really, more of a ******* tease!

Are they safe? Nope, still tarry, was wasting my time and money.

The red and white tastes OK, like cigarettes, a bit.

Green and white was actually pleasant.

Green pack tasted like I licked somebody's front lawn. MMMMmm I'm in flavor... yard.

Edited by HelloMiakoda

I was living in Louisiana the first time I took a shot at e-cigs (read my about me post to see why I quit them the first time) and it was the middle of summer. For those of you who haven't had the displeasure of going outside in the summer in a close to the gulft city, its just instant sweat. Its hot and sticky and there is no escaping it unless you are inside with A/C. My old shop foreman told me that it was ok to vape in the shop and that pretty much ended my days of smoking outside. Everyone would come in and have to spend a half hour cooling down before they could start working on their cars again. Needless to say when my productivity (and paychecks) went through the roof my service manager offered to buy anyone who smoked an e-cig kit. I saw cool relief, he saw more dollar signs. Last time I was there picking up tools I noticed a lot of vaping going on in the shop.

Yes. These were my herbals of choice. http://www.clovesmokes.com/EcstacyOrig.htm

Did they work? Not really, more of a ******* tease!

Are they safe? Nope, still tarry, was wasting my time and money.

The red and white tastes OK, like cigarettes, a bit.

Green and white was actually pleasant.

Green pack tasted like I licked somebody's front lawn. MMMMmm I'm in flavor... yard.

I don't know if you read romance novels, but my favorite author is Nora Roberts, and her pen name JD Robb. The Nora Roberts books are romance/murder mysteries. The JD Robb books are a series of books set in the near future following one homicide cop and her group of people, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, in the JD Robb books, the only cigarettes that it's legal to smoke outside of your own home are herbal cigarettes. She started writing these novels before vaping even STARTED, so herbal was the only way to go, lol.

I was living in Louisiana the first time I took a shot at e-cigs (read my about me post to see why I quit them the first time) and it was the middle of summer. For those of you who haven't had the displeasure of going outside in the summer in a close to the gulft city, its just instant sweat. Its hot and sticky and there is no escaping it unless you are inside with A/C. My old shop foreman told me that it was ok to vape in the shop and that pretty much ended my days of smoking outside. Everyone would come in and have to spend a half hour cooling down before they could start working on their cars again. Needless to say when my productivity (and paychecks) went through the roof my service manager offered to buy anyone who smoked an e-cig kit. I saw cool relief, he saw more dollar signs. Last time I was there picking up tools I noticed a lot of vaping going on in the shop.

Now THAT's a smart boss!