Can Any Supplier (Or Anyone Else) Help Me?

juliery

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone can help me. I am HOPING there is somewhere to buy ONLY the soft caps for cartos. I bought only what were supposedly "premium" 808 cartos, HOWEVER a LOT of them have the o rings and hard plastic caps. I really hate screwing around with them when refilling, washing, etc. Is there ANYWHERE to purchase ONLY the soft caps, like a couple hundred of them? We have many hundreds of cartos, and in vaping a year only like maybe 10 have died. SO obviously I am going to need more soft caps. I have a bunch of cartos...hundreds upon hundreds washed out not currently being used at all, but even still do not have enough soft caps for what we are currently using. I vape a lot so I have about 75ish cartos in rotation, and then my husband has even more as he vapes many flavors whereas I only vape one. Anyway, I am REALLY hoping I can buy some caps or perhaps a supplier can get some from China and include them with an order? Even 100 would be WONDERFUL. I would contact a supplier in China myself, in fact, have had contact with one regarding other stuff, HOWEVER the shipping for JUST some caps would be ridiculous. I am perfectly willing to pay a reasonable price for them. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I am hoping to avoid having to randomly just write everyone who sells e cigs.

I use the 510 SR threaded LiquidXpress soft cap carto's now and then (with a drip tip for comfort and ez topping off)... if you can't find the 808 in soft caps, then maybe an 808-510 adapter and 510 softcapcartos would work for you until you eventually find them? Good luck!

I understand how the premium cartos can really last.

I've been using the same 5 808 cartos for a coupla months now

but not exclusively.I also save the soft caps from the cartos

that have passed r.i.p.lol.

I wish I could help with a vendor who would sell just the caps,

but I don't see it happening since they come as a set.

I usually use small drip tips on mine for the convenience of

pull drip replace.

You could also save the condom caps and put a small hole in them,

that will give a soft comfy non metallic feel against the lips :)

good luck and happy vaping

I have cartos that I have refilled dozens and dozens of times.....after about 5 refills I boil them, multiple times, and after about 10 uses I boil them till the water is clear, soak in everclear for a couple hours, then boil them for about 20 minutes till the everclear is totally out. In the past almost year only 10 cartos, if actually that many, have died. I found boards where people had cartos they have refilled literally hundreds of times. I use a hotpot in the bathroom adjoining my bedroom, so it is not a big deal, as far as time or standing around boiling stuff. I just have them going while I watch tv in the evening or am on my laptop. Cleaning them how I do, and drying for a couple days, they are like brand new never filled ones....I can get 25-30 drops in a clean, dried carto. And there is no gross taste or anything when they are clean.

I have no interest in using a drip tip, I just want the soft caps to replace the hard ones. I also don't want to change to another carto because I have like a thousand, or many many hundreds of 808 cartos, and I like them, plus I don't want to waste them since they last so long and are totally working fine. I just want to be able to rotate more than the 60 so I am not refilling every week. That would be why I have no interest in dripping....hell, I hate messing with the liquid at all, but since it is FAR FAR more economical than buying prefilled, I do it. Plus I now vape a combo of cappuccino liquid from a couple vendors that I mix together how I like it.

So apparently there is nowhere I can just buy the soft caps???? I am not looking for any solution to this other than just finding a place to get the soft caps. I mean, I can manage if I don't get them, it would just be nice if I could buy some.

I understand how the premium cartos can really last.

I've been using the same 5 808 cartos for a coupla months now

but not exclusively.I also save the soft caps from the cartos

that have passed r.i.p.lol.

I wish I could help with a vendor who would sell just the caps,

but I don't see it happening since they come as a set.

I usually use small drip tips on mine for the convenience of

pull drip replace.

You could also save the condom caps and put a small hole in them,

that will give a soft comfy non metallic feel against the lips :)

good luck and happy vaping

I am not trying to get a soft feeling against my lips or anything....it is just not having to mess with the o ring and hard cap because they are always a mess and then I have to wash them off, and my hands are covered with e liquid. The soft caps are MUCH easier to get out and the other thing with the hard caps is because they aren't flexible they don't fit easily into the top of EVERY carto. I refill a bunch of cartos at a time and pop all the tops like 15 at a time and it would be crazy trying to remember exactly which top came off which cartos. YES, the cartos DO last a long time. I thought for sure that in the boiling process I would be killing them left and right, but NOPE. I use a big fat embroidery needle to "fluff" the filler after drying too, which I thought for sure would be ripping out that wire too, but NOPE. It is amazing the abuse these supposedly "disposable" things can take. I did try the condom with a hole thing but it is crazy how much that increases the size of the thing...it feels so gross and so awkward.

I CAN get just the caps from China, but the postage is utterly insane on them.....I can't see paying $30 in postage...that is lunacy. I would rather manage with what I have if that is my only option. I was just hoping that SOME vendor who gets stuff from China could maybe order JUST the caps with some order they have for other stuff, and then it wouldn't be $30 shipping for JUST the caps. IF I order from China then I would have to order a bunch of stuff to make the postage worthwhile. My husband had contacted a wholesaler in China who keeps emailing him....so I guess I will just make him handle this. Figured it was worth a try to find them here in the good ol USA thereby someone here making money too, but oh well, China it will have to be, LOL.

How about if a bunch of us started taking off our soft top caps before we throw away our cartos and send them to you when we have a fair number to put in an envelope? I'd do it for you. :) And I won't charge a thing, not even postage. How about it, VT folks? Can we help her out like this?

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that is sooooo nice of you!!!! And I WILL pay for them.....I wouldn't expect people to be out postage money and all that. I do have one person who said they are saving their soft caps for me because they use a drip tip, BUT her I will see in real life, plus I offered to trade juice or something. I can tell you this, I would be eternally grateful! I just think it is crazy that there is no place to buy the stupid caps....they sell all these goofy lanyards and stuff but NOT the caps....I can't be the ONLY person who would buy them.

I'm with BirdDog. Any reason why you can't just use a drip tip in the 808? I don't have a 808, but from what i have seen, you should be able to shove a drip tip in the top of the carto.

Quote "I use a big fat embroidery needle to "fluff" the filler after drying too, which I thought for sure would be ripping out that wire too, but NOPE. It is amazing the abuse these supposedly "disposable" things can take."

Sorry I am confused!! Thought you were using cartridges. Are you using cartridges or cartomizers? I have no 'wire' in what I call my cartos (probably wrong turn!). I use the 510 cartomizers and think your 'cleaning' method sounds great. 4th month vaping and still puzzling!! Then again I am a really slow learner! :rolleyes2:

Sorry I am confused!! Thought you were using cartridges. Are you using cartridges or cartomizers? I have no 'wire' in what I call my cartos (probably wrong turn!). I use the 510 cartomizers and think your 'cleaning' method sounds great. 4th month vaping and still puzzling!! Then again I am a really slow learner! :rolleyes2:

Cartridge or Cart - The part of a three piece electronic cigarette which contains the liquid. These come blank (with no liquid), or prefilled.

The Three pieces are Cartage, Attomizer and Battery.

Cartomizer or Carto - The part of a two piece electronic cigarette which contains the liquid. These come blank (with no liquid), or prefilled.

The two pieces are the Cartomizer and Battery.

I mostly put this together for me so i can keep it all straight.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/9784-jargon-for-noobs/

Hope this helps.

Ok...so I just tried it and found that the soft caps from the 510 cartos fit in the 808's(wasn't sure).

So I too can start saving you the soft caps from my cartos if you'd like? For some strange reason I've been saving them anyway every time I put on a drip tip or get ready to throw one away. Don't know why??? I don't have a lot of them but I think I have about a dozen or so if you're interested?

Just send me a pm with a name and address and I'll send you some when they start to mount up.

C'mon VaporTalkers....let's see if we can't help with this !!!

I'm with BirdDog. Any reason why you can't just use a drip tip in the 808? I don't have a 808, but from what i have seen, you should be able to shove a drip tip in the top of the carto.

If I recall from reading her other posts, she has a condition whereby her hands shake and she can't drip without making a mess. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd do that instead. ;)

:)

Heck, first thing I do is pop the cap off, fill and throw on a drip tip. The caps usually go in my ashtray (now used for various vaping stuff). Just checked it and I have 14 ready to go. Could probably find a few more if I look around my desk. PM me your address and I'll send them to you. :)

They are for 510 cartos, but like snubber said, they'll fit the 808s.

I have no interest in using a drip tip....I have MS and my hands shake a great deal of the time. My husband has nothing wrong with him and just has no interest in having cartridges and attys, plus messing with liquid on top of it. That is why I rotate so many cartos at once, because then I can pick a day/time where my hands aren't shaking to refill all of them. Really, I like the cartos, no problems with them, they last forever with periodic cleaning.

Yes, in the cartomizer there is a little wire from that little straw thing, it comes up from the atty and then goes up the straw like thing in the middle and then down into the filler. In some cartos it is easier to see than others. But the cleaning works and we have lost hardly any cartos......it is amazing how long they last. Well, first I saved them all because I figured THERE HAD to be a way to refill them....then when they got yucky tasting I figured there must be a way to clean them. So I started just googling "clean kr808 cartZ" and sure enough a bunch of youtube vids popped up in the hits, so I started watching them all. All differing opinions about what is the best method, like some people just soak them for days and keep changing the water every so often. To me, I wait for a time when I am feeling pretty good, not shaky, and I have at it. I boil like 50 of them at once. I mean it is like MAYBE once a month or 6 weeks that I need to do this, so it isn't like all the time. Then again I am using a LOT of cartos at once, like 60ish of them. I just added in more. Then like every other time they get the everclear soak in the process. Works great, really I was amazed at how they really had NO odor whatsoever. Usually after boiling, you can still smell the stronger flavors, but the everclear/cheap vodka, omg, it is amazing. I just figure if they are cleanable I will do it, why waste more money for something totally needless? Even if I was a millionaire I would still do it, I just hate being wasteful. The actual WORK, is maybe like 15 minutes, that you are actually DOING something....most of the time they are just sitting in water boiling or soaking in everclear. It isn't anything labor intensive. Like the only thing you do is pour out dirty water, and reboil in clean, and repeat it probably like 5 times when you are doing a bunch at once. Then when they are clean you blow out the water, which I try and make my husband do, LOL. But it isn't a big deal. Then you just set them out to dry. Obviously you DO have to kind of pay attention to time because you don't want the water all evaporating that they wouldn't be covered in water. I probably have them at a hard boil for 15-20 mins, then change water. Easily do it while watching tv or being online. Like I said, I do it in a hotpot while I am sitting in bed watching tv, so it is like maybe 12 feet away. It is really no big deal at all.