Customs Hold?

Copied and pasted from ECF:

Start Quote:

1/11/11

I thought I would let everyone know what I have found out today. I have had a package from Royal Smokers that was sent EMI that has shown it has been inbound into Chicago Customs since Nov 26th.

I have tried everyway possible to find out where this package is what is going on. Today after numerous phone calls and talking to various unhelpful people I finally found one who refered me to a FDA number in Chicago. I got a recording, I left my package info and a call back number.

I figured what the heck I want to find out what's going on and that info is already on the package. The FDA did call back and yes my little package is being held by them. The FDA Agent said that they are holding any and all e cigarette shipments that they find. They still can legally hold them since after the verdict on Dec 7th they have so many days to appeal and try to get a stay and during this time they can still seize packages. He thought it was 50 days after the verdict but wasn't sure. They are waiting for the decision to be made by the FDA.

If they appeal they will be able to stop shipments and all these shipments will be sent back to China. If they don't appeal then all these shipments will be released and sent to everyone in the U.S. They will wait for a directive from the FDA before anything is done with these packages. He said at this time they are trying to stop everything that is coming through Chicago. He didn't know if the other ports were being as diligent, but the directive was sent to all Customs, but they were and that they were holding big or small packages, it didn't matter.

My package has 100 empty CE2's and 3 510 batteries in it. He said it didn't matter whether they had juice or not anything associated with the e cig.

I just wanted to let everyone know what I was told so you can make a informed decision before ordering International . I know packages are getting through but I just wanted you to be aware of what I was told.

End of Quote

Call and write your state Representative and Senators! They work for us after all.

Write Your Representative

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Senators of the 112th Congress

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

ECF even posted a sample letter...

--QUOTE--

Example of a short and sweet letter:

Dear ______________

Please tell the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to stop wasting taxpayer money on their attempts to ban electronic cigarettes as "unapproved drug-delivery devices." Two levels of the U.S. federal court system have told the FDA they cannot seize incoming shipments and that they should be regulating the products under the Tobacco Act. Yet the FDA persists in wasting our tax dollars on filing more appeals. They also continue to seize incoming shipments in defiance of the court orders. That costs money, too.

[insert personal story here]

The American Association of Public Health Physicians has stated that products like the electronic cigarette could save the lives of 4 million of the 8 million U.S. smokers who would otherwise die of smoking related disease within the next 20 years. The FDA is supposed to helps save lives. Please don't allow them to kill smokers. Contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Name

Address

Phone number

--END QUOTE--

I sent my letter.

• 3 months later...

I take it this is only international orders not domestic?

I would be interested to know that too. I know I'm ignorant but

what is the FDA's big problem with e-cigs? I've had 2 doctors tell

me that it's ok for me to vape.

I too have had several orders held by customs, I have received them all sooner or later. my most recent was an order of 5000 5 ml e liquid. and of course nobody would help me figure out what was going on. I did finally get it after 4 1/2 weeks.

I had an order for some flavorings that was coming from Canada. The Canadian post to the sender that it had cleared their customs, well, I still haven't seen it and now haven't heard from the vendor and I ordered this stuff in February. So of course I know that my money was thrown down the drain. Funny is, I don't always read stuff like I should and only noticed it was from Canada when the vendor got in touch with me about how was I liking the flavors and how was the mixing going. But anyway, I have learned my lesson about ordered from US vendors, no more out of country vendors for me. Ugh!!!

I had an order for some flavorings that was coming from Canada. The Canadian post to the sender that it had cleared their customs, well, I still haven't seen it and now haven't heard from the vendor and I ordered this stuff in February. So of course I know that my money was thrown down the drain. Funny is, I don't always read stuff like I should and only noticed it was from Canada when the vendor got in touch with me about how was I liking the flavors and how was the mixing going. But anyway, I have learned my lesson about ordered from US vendors, no more out of country vendors for me. Ugh!!!

Did you order with a credit card? If you did you can call your card company and dispute the charge and tell them why. A lot of times they will refund your money.

rsz_14835mpj.jpg

Edited by Gunny