Was Thinking It's 5Volt Time.

Hello fellow vapers! I come seeking knowledge from veteran vapors who have either tried or owned 5 volt devices. I am wanting to move on to a stronger device and had a few questions.

First off, is there a way to try 5 volt, without investing a lot of money if I don't like it? Would an lr atty or a 5 volt passthrough feel the same as getting a mod?

Second off, I was looking at a passthrough from wordupecig and didn't know if my computer could actually run it at 5 volts. Here is the link http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/Joye-510-520-Pass-Throughs-Joye-510-Pass-Throughs.htm

Would I need to buy a specific adapter of some sort to use it at 5 volts, and if so, where could I procure such an item?

Sorry about all the questions, I am poor and want to make an informed decision (unlike when I bought a Blu....*shudder*) before I actually spend money. I have been vaping a while and still I feel like I am a complete newbie.

Hello fellow vapers! I come seeking knowledge from veteran vapors who have either tried or owned 5 volt devices. I am wanting to move on to a stronger device and had a few questions.

First off, is there a way to try 5 volt, without investing a lot of money if I don't like it? Would an lr atty or a 5 volt passthrough feel the same as getting a mod?

Second off, I was looking at a passthrough from wordupecig and didn't know if my computer could actually run it at 5 volts. Here is the link http://www.shop.wordupecig.com/Joye-510-520-Pass-Throughs-Joye-510-Pass-Throughs.htm

Would I need to buy a specific adapter of some sort to use it at 5 volts, and if so, where could I procure such an item?

Sorry about all the questions, I am poor and want to make an informed decision (unlike when I bought a Blu....*shudder*) before I actually spend money. I have been vaping a while and still I feel like I am a complete newbie.

Do you have any mods that use the 18650 battery?

If you do,go to electronicstix and get a couple 5v nimh batteries and charger

The batteries are the same size as a 14650 and I use them in my silver bullet and BB with the extended

bottom. purty cheap way to try 5v(IMO)

I would not run a 5v PT on my computer, but that's just me. I have run 3.7v PTs on my computer, but there are several people here who would tell you to not even do that. To run a 5v PT, I'd get an adapter to plug it into the wall. Madvapes has the adapters.

In my opinion...the LR attys are very close to the 5V experience. They are all I use at 3.7v now. I only use the regular attys at 5 or 6v now.

you can do either lr or 5v pt. both will not be the same as a 5v device but are close.

the pc puts off 5v @ 0.5amps.

volt + amp = coil heat.

dual battery devices put out more amps making the coil hotter

when using a 5v device you want 2.8ohm attys/cartos or higher. personally i only use 3.2ohm on 5v

any 5v pt will give you a general feel for what a mod will be similar to.

now you can buy 5v usb wall plugs that have a usb connector. like a iphone or other type of device charger. try to find one with 2amp 5v. may also be listed as 2000mAh 5v

you can do either lr or 5v pt. both will not be the same as a 5v device but are close.

the pc puts off 5v @ 0.5amps.

volt + amp = coil heat.

dual battery devices put out more amps making the coil hotter

when using a 5v device you want 2.8ohm attys/cartos or higher. personally i only use 3.2ohm on 5v

any 5v pt will give you a general feel for what a mod will be similar to.

now you can buy 5v usb wall plugs that have a usb connector. like a iphone or other type of device charger. try to find one with 2amp 5v. may also be listed as 2000mAh 5v

Jolly is correct. Your cheapest bet is a 5v passthrough that you connect to a wall plug. Anything else won't be an actual 5v. In my experience, there is a significant different between 5v and a 3.xv device w/ an LR atomizer. It's just not the same regardless of what anyone says and what the watts generated are. It's a different experience.

I liken it to driving different cars. Your Mazda doesn't run like a VW which doesn't handle like a Lexus. But they are all cars. Ultimately, your choices of mods designed to be 5v are a bit more limited than others.

My suggestion would be to try 5v passthrough connected to a wall plug w/ an SLB atty on it. In my experience, most SLB's I get have metered out at 3.0ohm which I find to provide optimal performance at 5v.

Thanks for all the help guys. I am getting a check within the next 4 days, so hopefully I will be able to order what I want soon. One last question, would I need a special high voltage atty? Or can it just use my normal 510's?

I think I am going to buy an lr atty and see what that feels like. At under $10, I don't feel like I would be wasting money, so if it works well but just doesn't suit me, I won't feel bad. If I like it and want more/better, I will probably buy the pt.

Again, Thanks All!

Thanks for all the help guys. I am getting a check within the next 4 days, so hopefully I will be able to order what I want soon. One last question, would I need a special high voltage atty? Or can it just use my normal 510's?

I think I am going to buy an lr atty and see what that feels like. At under $10, I don't feel like I would be wasting money, so if it works well but just doesn't suit me, I won't feel bad. If I like it and want more/better, I will probably buy the pt.

Again, Thanks All!

Use your regular 510attys, never use a LR atty on a 5v device. A LR atty was meant to give you a similar to 5v experience, but on a 3.7v device.

if you are doing 5v stick to 2.8ohm and higher.

like i said (i think) i do 3.2ohm on 5v w/ 510 cartos.

Sorry about that Jolly. I didn't really understand all of the ohm talk at first, lol. Its been about 3 1/2 years since I took AC/DC circuits, and even then I wasn't any good at it. But I did look around a few vendors sites and some actually list what ohm or voltage the equipment is. I think I might have to actually buy a multimeter and actually learn something >.<

harbor freight has mm starting as low as $3 i think.

those that dont list their ohms generally have 2.2 - 2.5ohm cartos/attys

there are a lot of places that list the ohms, i tend to buy mine at madvapes.

jason @ electronicstix sells his cartos a buck cheaper for the 5 pack (found that out last night)

i just bought the 4ml stormy carto mod from cloudsofvapor.com (something i told myself i wouldnt do) but i know stormy and figure she makes good mods and i have to give it a shot. it does use the e2 guts and i'm a total e2 hateboy. but if this works good on my 5v items i'll prob order a bunch more.

Well, I got my lr atty and I must say, the flavor is ridiculous! Does anyone else feel like the flavor is so strong its like juice in your mouth? If this is only an imitation of higher voltage vaping, I think the flood gates of me buying more equipment just got opened (uh-oh, my wallet is gonna cry). Thanks for all the advice everyone. Perhaps its time to save up and go for a really nice mod, like one of the ones in this post: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/forum/topic/9707-whats-to-come-in-2011/