510 Passthru Troubles

r3n3g4d3

So i've been vaping for about 3 months now with no problems.

Just recently i received a 510 USB passthru from cignot.

The first few days all went well... but today i successfully burned up 2 atomizers and 1 cartomizer using the USB passthru.

The reason i say burned up is because they actually caught on fire. I looked down into the atomzier and their were embers and smoke coming out from it.

I read somewhere that the USB passthru puts out 5 volts. Do i need to purchase special high voltage atomizers for this to work without burning up all my accessories?

Wow, thats crazy. Never heard of that happening. I have an EGo pass thru and no problems here. (Knocks on wood) I would see if you could return it to cignot or try looking at other vendors for a pass thru. They aren't supposed to do that! :no

Edited by Ellynn99

DO NOT USE LR ATTYS w/pass through if you are, your vaping like at 12-18volts, will taste like **** and burn out the attys quick

sounds like your button shorted out and is stuck on?

nope buttons not stuck on, and the attys are just normal joyetech

i think its a a prob with the passthru and/or my USB port

You're good with a standard atty you typically don't want to go low res on a higher volt pass through or most high volt mods as for the button it's probably a bad return spring in the button I would contact the supplier pretty much all them are pretty cool and will take care of you.

Edited by DevilDucky

You're good with a standard atty you typically don't want to go low res on a higher volt pass through or most high volt mods as for the button it's probably a bad return spring in the button I would contact the supplier pretty much all them are pretty cool and will take care of you.

another interesting side note is that it occasionally shocks me

Someone else had this issue once and it was their USB port. You may want to check out this thread:

Shocking PT

Seems to me that the PT is unregulated, meaning whatever voltage that goes into it is what voltage goes to the atty ( I could be wrong).