Daughter Now At University Of Chicago

Just got home daughter is finally in hospital at University of Chicago. I rode up in ambulance with her and got her settled. She's not a happy camper, just found out she's having a PICC line placed tomorrow but that means she can come home sooner with IV antibiotics. This has been a very long weekend and she scared me terribly on Friday morning. I'm just glad she's up there and getting the world class care she needs. Tom and I will go up tomorrow after work to see her, it's only 45 minutes from here.

Thanks everyone, no PICC today but she's exhausted from being poked and prodded and questioned all night. We just got home after making sure she got a good meal and was more settled in. She is much less grumpy tonight. The drive up tomorrow should be quicker, no snowing. Hour and a half up and 45 minutes home, she looked really tired tonight so we didn't stay too long. She's getting her spunk back though and that's good.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I will be sending up prayers for her, what is her name Lisa. To be specific what is wrong with her? My 12 year old granddaughter had bacterial meningitis this summer and was in the hospital about 12 days. She came home with a PICC line and was on those antibiotics for about a month, then they took the PICC out and she was on oral antibiotics for another month. Those antibiotics are expensive, the liquid costs them $4000 and the pills were $1000 for the week. They don't have insurance so this hospital stay was, needless to say, a killer. But she is fine and doesn't have any residual affects from the meningitis. She also had an abscess on her spine and the last MRI was normal. Prayer is a wonderful thing.

I'm glad to hear your grand-daughter is doing better. That's a scary situation. My daughter's name is Jen, she is 31 and has Cystic Fibrosis. She has a PICC line and is home now on IV antibiotics, she doesn't do well at relaxing but she has no choice. The prayers and well-wishes from my VT family are greatly appreciated.