Question About Lr Atty's

Knight

I finally broke down and bought some 510 LR atty's that I've read so much about on here. They are Bauways. I am using them on an Ego battery, and have tried 2 of them now. I am getting that icky, metalic, burning taste in them. I have also tried them on a regular 510 battery with the same results.

Is there a trick to breaking these things in? I use carts, but have also tried adding a couple drops directly to the atty to moisten it.

While I have not tried any LR atty's ,I have not been very impressed with Bauways in the 801 and 510 models.They seem to leak a lot and they do hit pretty harsh after a few puffs.I think that is why they leak so much as I usually drip a few more drops to try to get better flavor and I think I am flooding them.

I finally broke down and bought some 510 LR atty's that I've read so much about on here. They are Bauways. I am using them on an Ego battery, and have tried 2 of them now. I am getting that icky, metalic, burning taste in them. I have also tried them on a regular 510 battery with the same results.

Is there a trick to breaking these things in? I use carts, but have also tried adding a couple drops directly to the atty to moisten it.

Did you blow out the primer before adding liquid? That always helps me, same set up.

as mentioned above, the taste is likely primer. I like to keep some straight PG around in reserve that I use to push the primer out. You drip about a 1/2 ML (10 drops) into the atty, right in the raised bridge and hole in the then blow it through the hole in the bottom when not connected to a battery. This is for any atomizer, not just LR. I do not recommend using anything besides PG or VG, certainly not water. Works very well for me and I find that PG makes a great atty cleaner.

I've only had mine for a couple of days and I found I really had to decrease the length of my draw. I am really used to long, slow draws. with these (Bauway)--I found a short gentle draw worked very well, and didn't get the harsh burning.

I also removed the wick--I primarily drip--without the wick I have had zero burning.

I haven't had any trouble with leaking either.

Its a bit hard to get used to taking shorter draws--old dog, new tricks--not so easily.

I agree, LR attys need to be kept wet but also keep in mind that not all LR attys are Equal. I have heard that the brand that you are using are not the greatest and there are different Ohms of LR attys as well.

I personally do not care much for 1.5 Ohm attys and prefer 1.8. It would be also be a good idea to keep an Multimeter around so that you can measure the Ohms of the attys to see what Ohm they actually are and to be able to tell when they go bad.

Here's a link to the Multi Meter I use. It's not the fanciest, but at $6 shipped to your door, it's hard to complain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DT830D-Digital-Multimeter-Meter-AC-DC-w-9v-battery-USA-/280591915922?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415494db92

If you're unsure of how to use a DMM, I can gladly walk you through the process. It's really simple just to meter an atty. I have a vid floating around on VapeTV on how do meter one as well.

But Col. Gaunt is correct, not all attys, especially LR, are made equally. You can have 2 of the same atty, and find they have varying resistance and build quality. Unfortunately, quality control has not been a priority for atty manufacturers. Outside of the Cisco LR's, I have not had consistent luck with any LR attys other than Eastmall.

It's also possible you received defective atomizers. Every so often when I change atomizers I get one that wasn't manufactured properly and have to use another one. It happens to all of us.