Build Your Own Atomizer

Jeffb

Looks like they do plan to carry the wires separately.

The safety pin is used indstead of the nail...Its just more conveniant and a little easier to hang on to... I will have them on the site for $65 with the 10% SAVEinNJ code its around $59...Thats around 2 bucks an atomizer and I will have the replacement wires soon for even cheaper for replacement...I will also probably offer a kit that has 2 entire set ups for around $90 soon also...Thanks

Drew

I will be selling the wick and the coils later on and they will be REDICULOUSLY cheap...People will basically be paying for the shipping and the preperaition. Yes you can drip with it...I have been dripping 5 to 10 drops which depending on the thickness and length of the wick you use works very well.

You can buy ALL kinds of wire thicknesses, nichrome content, and and wicking materials for this on ebay,McMaster Carr,MSC Supply,and many other sources, actually too many to list.

I have been tinkering around with different size wires and coil and lengths for months and have had alot of help from a couple guys, and I went with these wires for simplicity.

Those interested in changing resitance and tinkering will have pleanty to do with this unit. I am confident that inevidebly users will come up with new innovative methods that will enhance this product.

Thanks again everyone for your interest.

Have a Happy and Prosperous New year.

Drew

Edited by Brian

And it may not look to bad on a BSB. ;)

I already thought of that, Brian.

Tell ya what, you go ahead and order the kit, play around with it, see what it looks like on the BSB, then do a video review, and if you're totally impressed, I'll jump on board, too. :rolleyes:

I already thought of that, Brian.

Tell ya what, you go ahead and order the kit, play around with it, see what it looks like on the BSB, then do a video review, and if you're totally impressed, I'll jump on board, too. :rolleyes:

Done. See - just needed a little encouragement. LOL!

<===== Crash Test Dummy.

It depends on if you connect them in series or in parallel. In series you add the resistances, but in parallel it's calculated as product divided by the sum, and will always result in smaller than the smallest resistor. In series it would double the resistance, and in parallel it would be approximately half.

Wondering if you could make dual coils on this. Would that be to much load on the battery, or just raise the resistance?

Where's Frank?

Edited by miatafrank

I was thinking in parallel so you'd have two independent coils (by independent I mean if one burns out the other will still work). Not sure I understood your answer though. :blush:

Coils connected in parallel could not be independent and would fire at the same time. If each coil were 2.5ohms the combined resistace would be 1.25ohms. If 3.7 volts were applied, each coil would draw 1.48amps, but the combined current would draw 2.96amps from the battery.

Edited by miatafrank

Done. See - just needed a little encouragement. LOL!

<===== Crash Test Dummy.

:o VERY little encouragement needed.

Honestly, you wanted to do it anyway. I know you did. You're just looking for someone to blame later. ;)

Got mine in this week and messed around with them yesterday. I ordered two. First impression is not that great, but I do see potential for this.

First, the wires are a little brittle and kept breaking. I broke 5 wires trying to make the first atty. I contacted Drew on ECF and he said he checked the wires and found some of the 3ohm wires were breaking and said he'd send me some more. Second, one had a nice draw, but the other was very tight. There are two little pin holes on the cone for air flow. I took the smallest drill bit I could find and opened up one of the holes a little and now it's to airy. :rolleyes2: Third - not good flavor (probably the biggest complaint). I used both of them most of the day yesterday and the flavor is odd. Not sure if it's the wire or the wick, but it over powers the eliquid flaover and I don't like it. I may try washing the wick before using the next one. Fourth, the dripping hole could have been a little bigger. However, the hole does appear to be bigger than any of the regular drip tips that I have, so I can't really complain about it.

Bottom line - yes, I'm a little disappointed. However, I do think there is a lot of potential. If I can get some decent flavor and master making the coil it will be a different story. Certainly not ready to call this a FAIL or to give up on it.

Edit: Meant to say "NOT" ready to call it a FAIL.

Edited by Brian

Thanks Brian for the info and being our lab rat for a lot of these new ideas that come out.

Can't see me being able to use something that big on my eGo, but maybe later down the road.thumbup.gif

One of the things that occured to me is that when I used to smoke, I would get loose tobacco and tubes, and make my own. I was doing this to save money, but I had also become a slave to my addiction. Building mods can be a fun hobby, but I would think that building your own attys falls into that "slave to the addiction" catagory. Since most of my attys have been lasting about 2 months, I don't think that 9 bucks every 2 months is my biggest expense, so I guess I'm missing the point.

Maybe just to have in the drawer as an emergency atty, in case I forget to order in time and run out (not going to happen), I could always make one instead of going without.

Alright, I'm just not feeling this one.