Burnt Taste Smell

Emily

I ordered a pack of 5 Cartomizers for my 510, I gave one to my friend and I used another one. But the last three that I've tried, taste burnt and smell burnt. Like there is something wrong with them. Not the same a the kind of burnt taste when you need to re-drip on an atty, but a weird burnt taste and smell. I can't taste the juice flavor at all. Anyone know what this would be from?

Thanks,

em

I had that happen to some of mine once, too. Not a fun experience. I think of the 20 I received from that vendor (whom I've forgotten the name of right now), seven of them were bad like that. They were full of liquid, but it tasted like burnt ick. Mine burnt my throat, too, and left a funny feeling on my teeth. I'm sorry this happened to you. It's no fun, especially when you might not have many cartos on hand to try again. Good luck and wish I could help more.

Have to agree with jeffb (even tho it kills me). Sometimes it takes more juice than you'd think.

Some of those cartos really soak up the liquid and you think it will never fill up. I had one carto take 38 drips before it was full.

Try blowing out what you can and refill. Then let it sit for a few mins and check it again to see if it needs more liquid.

That burnt taste is really nasty.

Good luck and happy vaping.

I will try to add more juice, but one I had filled so much it was leaking out the bottom. And there really isn't any vapor coming out, its like a smoke or somthing weird. I will try one more, but I feel like i'm just wasting my juice at this point.

Also, never vape on a carto right away after filling, let it sit and soak for a while. Think of a really dry sponge, when you drop water on the sponge the water stays on top for a while and slowly soaks in. Fill the carto, let it sit for a minute or 2 to soak in, then vape.

I've got the same sort of problem with the hard top ones, I've tried filling with the needle but i have no idea how much to put in i tried 0.5ml and most of it came out the bottom, then i tried the cap cover way filling it to half, but half was left behind. I only manage to get 20 draws out of them before they taste bad. So how many ml can a hard top carto hold? Also my cartos get really hot, burn my lips hot after maybe 5 or so draws. I'm just dripping for now, but i would like to be able to use the cartos on the road. Thanks.

I've got the same sort of problem with the hard top ones, I've tried filling with the needle but i have no idea how much to put in i tried 0.5ml and most of it came out the bottom, then i tried the cap cover way filling it to half, but half was left behind. I only manage to get 20 draws out of them before they taste bad. So how many ml can a hard top carto hold? Also my cartos get really hot, burn my lips hot after maybe 5 or so draws. I'm just dripping for now, but i would like to be able to use the cartos on the road. Thanks.

I usually get around 28-30 drops in a new carto. After 15 drops I put the cap back on and shake it like an old thermometer. Add more drops until it starts to pool and repeat. I think 30 drops is probably over 1ml. I had some hard tops when they first came out and had a difficult time knowing how much to put in them. Much easier with the soft top. On the hard tops, I started ripping the cap out. That pretty much destroys the cap so you'll need a drip tip for it if you do that.

Also, never vape on a carto right away after filling, let it sit and soak for a while. Think of a really dry sponge, when you drop water on the sponge the water stays on top for a while and slowly soaks in. Fill the carto, let it sit for a minute or 2 to soak in, then vape.

I would like to emphasize this once again... and mention that I have filled brand new cartos and let them sit for 30 minutes, then vaped and got the same "dry/flavorless smoke" that you speak of. After this same carto sat and soaked in all the juice OVERNIGHT... the problem went away completely. I have a feeling that many people get fed up with cartos or don't think they taste as good as attys because of this very thing. If you will fill them and let them sit overnight before trying them I think alot of folks will have a much better experience. This has happened to me many, many times. :thumbsup: