Dripping For The Noob

Synthetic

I have been reading around and from the looks of things, it appears that dripping is the way to go with ecigs. I have a 510 that should be arriving later this week and I was curious how dripping actually works.

I have seen several videos where it looks as if people are just dripping straight onto the atomizer. I am a bit confused about whether or not a drip tip is necessary.

I have seen in 510 videos that you can pull the cotton/polyester out of a cart and drip onto the atomizer. That leads me to believe that my 510 will be ready to drip out of the box. I should just be able to pull the fabric out of a cart, correct? If not, what is a drip tip actually doing?

Is either of those assumptions correct? If a drip tip is not needed for dripping, then what is the benefit of using one? Just to prevent inhaling straight ejuice?

No, a drip tip isn't absolutely necessary for dripping to vape. You can take off the empty cartridge and drip onto the atomizer that way. A drip tip basically just allows you to not have to remove the mouthpiece and dripping down into it will allow the liquid to go right onto the atomizer without having to remove anything because it is just a mouthpiece with a big hole in it. Easy peasy.

Edited by AimeeG

the standard mouth tip will either have removable cart or built in cart.

mine had removable cart and that was nice as i didn't need to shave my ends down to keep them from melting on the bridge.

drip tips are so you don't have to pull off the mouth piece. i actually don't drip anymore, use cartos only.

i do still use drip tips just because they are built nice and have a nice wide mouth (some more than others).

a regular kit will have those stupid pin holes and restrict air, who needs that and why is it built like that?

the main advantage is that the drip tips don't build up condensation like the stock mouth pieces. leading to less "juice in mouth" experience.

most people arent even aware of that factor.

if you don't have a drip tip, buy one in an order some day. they are pretty cheap so, why not.

You can make a drip tip with a cart (see link below). It's pretty easy and it's what I use all the time. I have several purchased drip tips, but still use the tail pipe cart mod most of the time.

Tail Pipe Cart Mod

Hello. I agree that the drip tips are not really necessary, they are just easier for dripping than taking off the mouthpiece every time.

As for your eGo kit...yes it is dripping ready with an atty. Just remove the filler from one of the carts and add 2 to 3 drops right in the atty and you're ready to go.

Enjoy!

Good luck and happy vaping.

I just used my new 510 for the first time. I tried one of the carts that it came with first and it was surprisingly nice. The taste leaves a bit to be desired but it isn't bad, a bit of a synthetic flavor to it. After 10 drags or so it began to taste a bit burnt. The fabric in the cart was damp at the top, but the bottom near the atomizer was pretty dry. I don't see anything burnt on it, so I am not sure if I was just jumping the gun on thinking the cart was kicked.

I tried out the drip mod that Brian posted above after I pulled out the fabric and it was quite easy to follow. Really a nice guide Brian, I appreciate it. The pics made it quite idiot proof.

I got a small bottle of some menthol eliquid to try out and it is rather weak. I am guessing that it is just some relatively poor liquid, but I have some dulcis and clove on the way from vapor talk that I look forward to next week.

Hitting the 510 reminds me of smoking a hookah back when I was in college at this hookah bar in town. It doesn't produce as much smoke and it isn't as thick but the sensation is similar and the taste is similar. I look forward to the new hobby. The gadgetry alone has already sucked me in.

One last question for right now though, how long will dripping 3 drops of ejuice last? About how many drags? I guess it varies depending on how big your drags are, but it seems like it is going much further than I expected.