Picking The Right Battery...

bzeisman

am i looking for something with a lot of volts or a lot of mili-amps?

Z

You don't want to execed 7v the stock batts work at ~3.7v or 5-5.5v when using a usb passthrough the max is around 7 you don't want to go higher than that or you risk destroying your atomizers

the reason i ask is...

i went battery shopping and found batteries with 1.2 volts & 2500 mili-amps, and some with a considerable amount more volts with 40-50 mili-amps. its been a while since high school electronics class but what the difference between the two?

Z

Mili-amps an hour or mah is the like the size of your gas tank the bigger the mah the longer a battery will last. So if a e-cig last 3 hours on a 300 mah battery a 600 mah will last 6 hours. And depending on how you wire them you will increase the volts or the mah. A series battery circuit will increase volts and a parallel circuit will increase mah but keep volts the same.

battery_circuit_series_002.gifbattery_circuit_parallel_002.gif

the reason i ask is...

i went battery shopping and found batteries with 1.2 volts & 2500 mili-amps, and some with a considerable amount more volts with 40-50 mili-amps. its been a while since high school electronics class but what the difference between the two?

Z

http://www.wisconsinpublicservice.com/farm/strayunderstand_faq.aspx

hope that helps  :D

• 2 months later...