Good, Slightly Used 510 Anyone?

... okay ... going to try a couple more 'tips' with this baby before giving up on it ... believe me, the problem is not the ecig, it's the operator! Just kind of missing the good old, no-fuss, no-muss, throw-a-cart-in-and-good-for-practically-the-whole-day penstyle. But if anyone is seriously looking for a good deal on a slightly used 510 (3 batteries, 3 atomizers - one with a few threads pulled out but still seems to be working so don't know yet what damage that did to it - usual charger stuff and one blue PCC), let me know.

Edited by FisherPal

Well, I'm still working with this ecig and back to dripping again. As I cannot seem to get more than about 6 or 7 good vapes with a cart no matter what material I fill it with (and believe me, over the past few days I think I've tried every damn thing out there), I'm just frustrated beyond words with the bloody things.

However I don't seem to get as much vape out of my 'three drops' as I see you guys do in your reviews. Think I've figured out that maybe it is the size of the dropper that comes with those 10 ml amber glass bottles that I use for convenience sake. So will try experimenting with that a bit (four drops, five drops, etc) and see if I can't bump up production a bit.

I have to admit that there is no comparison for juice flavor when dripping. If I can get a little more time out of it between ripping the cart off to drip again, I will probably land up being an exclusive dripper for this model. Took you a long time to get me here, Chris but finally, eh? Guess I'll just have to get myself another pen for driving though. Dripping and driving ranks right up there with drinking and driving!

Yea dripping and driving is a no go lol

As for the vapor production not sure why you don't get as much as we do, but keep in mind I usually (and so does Sean) take a pretty large draw before we finally exhale. Usually about a 3-4 second steady easy draw.

I didn't mean that I don't get enough huge vapor - with this thing, that doesn't appear to be the problem at all. It's just that if I take more than about 2 good size vapes (3 -4 seconds each), I'm getting that burnt taste already. OR ... is this just normal?

Hmmm no the burnt taste isn't normal. You know I haven't had that taste in a long time, I used to get it when I used Pure Smokers liquid back in the day. All I did was add another drop of juice every time I got the burnt taste and it stop happening.

Does this happen on the atomizer in which you removed the threads?

Well I got to thinking about atomizers ... particularly the odd time a bad batch comes out? I've been getting that taste on both atomizers that came with the kit. Doesn't seem to make any difference if it's the one with the pulled threads or not. So ... as I had ordered an extra one I decided to give that one a try and see. Funny enough, this was the only atomizer with any primer taste on it at all. The ones with the kit were virtually primer free. Don't know if that says anything or not. Anyway, just started trying out the other one and will see what happens. So far I THINK it is better - slightly longer between drips kind of thing but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me. Anyway, will keep plugging along here. Of course, being the only ecig I have at the present kind of eliminates any choice ... and it's not like things are horrible. Just a tad frustrating is all.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck there Fisher. I too, like Chris said, don't have any problems with my 510 and do not get the "burnt" taste either. What kind of juice are you using, or at least where do you buy it from? If you have juices from multiple sources, try using some from each different supplier and give each juice its own atomizer to test it, might help but might not be worth it.

You know what it could be as well is the fiber inside the cart. I know that when I used to use carts with fiber still in them I would get the burnt thing often. However I now use a different juice (my own) and my carts do not have fiber.

Sean do you still have fiber in your carts? I never noticed when you drip if you do or not.

I've been having the same problem as FisherPal too. Whether I drip or just top off the cart, I'm only getting about 4 good drags before I gotta do it again, otherwise I'm getting that rank burning sort of taste and smell. I've just learned to live with it and thought this must have been the nature of the 510. I've stuck with it because those drags are just really good, but it'd be great to get a few more puffs in. I thought the problem must lie with the atty and maybe the primer juice in it, but I've been using the same one for a few weeks now and nothing's changed.

I think I may have not understood at first what Fisherpal was saying (I usually answer posts when I first wake up in the morning)

I also only get about 4-6 good vapes of the 510 then have to drip again, and what's funny is that I'll add more and more liquid and then it just get's flooded, so every so often I have to blow out the atomizer. I think it's just the nature of the 510 as you said. It's to bad because other than that it's perfect. I still use it over my penstyle though.

I'm sure they will come out with something new a couple months down the line that will be even better, they always do, I can't believe how much ecigs have changed since I first started the site.

Okay - must be spending too much time obsessing over this! Dreamt last night that I turned two of my atomizers upside down to drain and all the internal parts fell out! :D Of course, maybe that's because I got so frustrated yesterday that I pulled all the rest of the threads out of the atomizer that I first accidentally pulled three out of at the beginning. Figured it couldn't be much worse (re the burning taste) and I had two more atomizers so why not? To this point, I haven't noticed any difference in performance (although may have shortened the atty life?) but ... well ... that really bad burning taste seems to be gone. Now I just get the usual 'dry' atomizer taste when it's time to re-drip. However, I'll still leave the other two atomizers alone ... for now anyway. I'm going to use this one exclusively and see if it totally bites the dust in the next week or so. Will keep you posted.

Another thing I just realized (after reading another thread about the nice 'warm' inhale) ... oddly enough, the first few vapes I made when I first got my kit, I could feel a very noticeable difference in the vapor. Yes, it was nice and warm - certainly enough for me to think 'wow! This is nice!' But since then ... it's not different from any other ecig I've had with regards to temperature. Are you guys still experiencing that warm vapor thing?

I know it's reaching but really have to wonder if I got a bad kit or something ... surely this can't be ALL 'operator stupidity' ... can it? :blink: In the meantime, I've got some more penstyle goodies coming.

I still get the warm hit that I did when I first used it. I would thing that perhaps you have a bad atomizer, but 3 bad atomizers?

As for the threads, if it hasn't broken anything then I'm sure you'll be fine. Extra parts! (famous last words lol)

Hi Matthew - sorry to hear that you're having the same problems but must say a bit of a relief to know I'm not the only one. As Chris mentioned, I thought maybe I had a bad atty but unlikely that it is all three of them! I've tried the straw method, felt and the latest rage with cart filler that seems to have everyone excited - the Lipton Pyramid teabag - and none of them makes any difference. Still only a few good vapes before needing to be topped up. Like you said, the good ones are great, though. Had a long road trip planned last week but, fortunately, it wasn't necessary as I had been wondering how I was going to safely manhandle my ecig all the way there and back. Anyway, just a matter of accepting it the way it is and living with it, I guess. Good luck to you and if you run into anything that suddenly makes the difference, please let us know!