Can I Make My Ego A 5V?

CASEACE79

I have seen alot of talk about 5V mods and such and was wondering if there was a way to convert my ego. I've also been wondering if there are any passthrough's that are 5V. I went over to madvape and saw that they do have them but it didn't say wether you could disconnect it. All the pics show it tethered with the cord. From the way it looks it seems definate possibility to convert the ego since it has a standard 510 atty. Am I right in assuming this or am I missing something?

You are limited to 3.7 volts with the eGo batt. No way that I know of to up the voltage of a battery. The 5Volt passthroughs will not work unless connected since there is no inline battery.

If you want to step up to a 5 volt manual, you will need to get a mod or get one of the 5V PT's you were talking about. The 510 atty that you use on your eGo will work on any unit that has a 510 connector.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using the same eGo batteries that I bought in March and April. I've been using only LR attys on them for several months now and they are doing fine. My first two eGo batteries ever - ones I bought in February - finally gave out on me last month. That was eight months of use. After I started using LRs, that's all I used on them. I haven't had any problems so far.

warning. Low resistance cartos and attys will shorten the life of mosfet driven batteries such as the ego and riva. People will tell you they dont, but they do. I have fried two batteries because they get entirely too hot, then they stick on, and fry.

I too have went down this road now waiting for my new batterys, i believe it was a bad LR atty that i screwed into, burn a Riva repl ands a mega ego batttey, and my 2nd ego 900mah only lasts 2 hours now on a charge 30 days into vaping... im still LOVING the LR 901 attys, gonna try a different atty on a battery to see if it fixes the prob. if not i will get a screwdriver 3.7 and use the LR attys still.

But yeah they STUCK ON and heated up like a volcano until i was able to unscrew them , glowing orange hot

I have yet to have a problem with LR atty's and my ego either. I keep hearing about how the mosfet will go bad, but most of what I read regarding that issue is substantially dominated by Riva's. Perhaps it is a simple issue with quality. I have seen Joye quality beat the competition time and time again. Who makes the Riva anyway? Smoore? SLB is known to be quality yet their 510 knock off batteries sucked. Sometimes with a knock off, you really do get what you pay for.

Of course, I could be wrong and the issue could plague Joye Ego's as much or more than the Riva and I've just been lucky.