Regular 510 Vs. Mega Atty

Ok, so it's time for me to order some more attys. Ive been using the ego "mega" attys since day 1.

I personally havent been impressed with the mega atty vapor production. I have to prime it like a pipe and essentially take 2 hits in a row to get the amount of vape I need to feel satisfied from the hit.

For me to switch to using regular 510 attys I would need to buy a cone and 510 blank carts, whereas if I stick with the megas all I need to buy are the attys themselves.

Ok so, has anyone tried both? What do you reccomend?

Dude.

I love my eGo Mega Attys with carts and for direct dripping with the mega drip tip. Also love the eGo Mega Cartomizers for travelling and working. The regular Joye 510 is a good atty, and is pretty reliable. There's something wonderful about the flavor when a cone is used with the Joye 510 atty and drip tip. However, a cone over a 510 cartomizer is ... lacking. It's hard to get the perfect fit.. either too tight of a draw or won't go on at all. But, when it works right it's quite nice.

Summary... I prefer the eGo Mega Atty with eGo Mega Cart held inside my Lanyard. (mess? what mess? lol)

If you have a 900 mah XL eGo, you might want to check out the Cisco LR 306 attys and drip tips for them. It will simulate 5v vaping without ruining your 600 mah regular eGo battery.

I can't really comment on the mega atty's since I've never tried one. But I have just started using the mega carto's and I personally think they're pretty damn good. Especially when you're out and about. Filling them is kind of a pain at first, but once you've got it filled it will last a good long time before you need to top off again.

I've also been using the 2.0 LR carto's by Boge and I have to tell you that they are fantastic. Great vapor, good flavor and they too last quite some time before top-off. Not as long as the mega's of course but still very long compared to regular carts. I highly recommend them. Also the regular carto's by Boge are great on a 5v unit. Again, tons of vapor and great throat hit.

So that's my $.02 worth. Hope you find something you like.

Good luck and happy vaping.

I have both and can't stand my mega atty. I use my 510's with a drip tip all the time and use my mega atty as my back up. Like you said I hate the vapor production from the mega atty as well. If ya don't have the cash for the cone at the moment just get the attys.

To me it looks like you're after vapor production, because you don't like the vapor production of the mega atty and you're looking for something else. You might like a low resistance cartomizer, or a low resistance atomizer. I never really liked direct dripping. Cartomizer, not sure if you have used them, they are a cartriage and atomizer in one. They last about a week, all you do is fill it with your favorite juice, and vape, if you have multiple flavors, you can fill up 1 carto with one flavor, another carto with another. If you want to change flavors, just change thec artomizer.

So what you need to have a complete ego, (answering your question directly) an atomizer, a cone a drip tip(if you plan to drip) orrrrr a cartriage for the 510 atomizer.

1.atty

2.cone

3.driptip or cartriage

To me it looks like you're after vapor production, because you don't like the vapor production of the mega atty and you're looking for something else. You might like a low resistance cartomizer, or a low resistance atomizer. I never really liked direct dripping. Cartomizer, not sure if you have used them, they are a cartriage and atomizer in one. They last about a week, all you do is fill it with your favorite juice, and vape, if you have multiple flavors, you can fill up 1 carto with one flavor, another carto with another. If you want to change flavors, just change thec artomizer.

So what you need to have a complete ego, (answering your question directly) an atomizer, a cone a drip tip(if you plan to drip) orrrrr a cartriage for the 510 atomizer.

1.atty

2.cone

3.driptip or cartriage

And the Ego battery---LOL :wallbash:

Oh gosh, I really like the Mega Atty for Direct Dripping. I'm just the opposite from CaSea. It takes awhile to get used to one for DD, but once you do it's fantastic. The trick to it is: Once you've gotten it past the "too wet" or "too dry" stages and are now getting great vapor, ... stop and add Just One Drip... Take One or maybe 2 hits depending on how hard/long you hit it... and repeat the ONE drip. That will keep the Full vapor going for a long time, by doing the one drip/vape vape/repeat. Eventually you can skip a drip and add a vape... the longer you break it in, the better it gets. (getting there is a p.i.a. but so worth that full force vapor). (I'm not talking regular 510 fullness, it's fuller than a regular)

Edited by Uma

Oh gosh, I really like the Mega Atty for Direct Dripping. I'm just the opposite from CaSea. It takes awhile to get used to one for DD, but once you do it's fantastic. The trick to it is: Once you've gotten it past the "too wet" or "too dry" stages and are now getting great vapor, ... stop and add Just One Drip... Take One or maybe 2 hits depending on how hard/long you hit it... and repeat the ONE drip. That will keep the Full vapor going for a long time, by doing the one drip/vape vape/repeat. Eventually you can skip a drip and add a vape... the longer you break it in, the better it gets. (getting there is a p.i.a. but so worth that full force vapor). (I'm not talking regular 510 fullness, it's fuller than a regular)

Thanks for the tips on the drips ;)

I did end up getting another mega atty. I just didnt feel like ordering everything else I needed to use the regular 510's. This new one, however, works alot better than the 2 that came in my kit. It's funny though, how long it takes to get em going at first. Seems like it was loaded with whatever that primer fluid is they use from the factory. This atty will take 3 drops and vape well for sometimes up to 10 hits - Amazing the variances in these products. Even the "I'm running dry" taste in this one is different that the other two. Note: I remove the wicks from all my attys - this, i feel, helps avoid the "mustard gas" flavor of burnt wick when they run dry.

Again, thanks for your input.

Dude.

Glad to hear you got a good one and that it's working great for you. Removing the bridge is a great idea. I've seen videos and posts on how to do it, but have never tried. I'm a scairdy cat. I might have to give it a try. Your 10 certainly beats my 7! Proof is in the pudding. :)