Cartomizers Vs Atomizers

JamesC

Why are cartomizers so cheap compared to atomizers? Why would I use an atomizer when I could use the ego cartomizer at a fraction of the price?

Side question:

Why are most of the VT store liquids only available at low nic levels?

Thanks,

James C

Edited by JamesC

James,

The Vapor Talk store actually offers all strengths. As each strength becomes sold out, the options are removed. :)

Cartomizers are much more disposable than atomizers. An atomizer will last about a month + where as a cartomizer will last about 5 days. But why choose a cartomizer? Because cartomizers can be filled and will last about an hour or two before having to be refilled. However atomizers are usually direct dripped on. You'll have to fill it every 5-8 puffs.

Cartomizers will, in the long run, replace atomizers. They are cheaper and more convenient. However the shift isn't complete yet and many people still choose to use atomizers.

Cartomizers are made to be disposable. I am currently using an atty (Joye) that has been going strong for 6 months. So although the upfront cost is more for an atty I have found the longevity makes up for it.

Some people love attys and some believe cartos are given to us by god. Its a matter of preference.

The Vapor Talk store is currently waiting for a new shipment of e-liquids. All nic levels will be available when the new shipment arrives.

Edit: Christopher beat me to the punch. Man I'm slow today. :D

Edited by jeffb
Slow poster

i love cartomizers and yes they are supposed to be disposable. but why throw something out if it still works i use cartomizers until they poop out on me. and i have not had on do that yet. ive thrown some away that have gotten all gunked up and i could not clean it anymore but that lasted me a few months.

It ends up boiling down to personal preference. I use cartomizers when I am going to be someplace (driving, movie etc) where dripping is difficult. Don't drip and drive....

Overall, I actually prefer dripping and atomizers. but cartomizers come in handy at times.

Why are cartomizers so cheap compared to atomizers? Why would I use an atomizer when I could use the ego cartomizer at a fraction of the price?

Side question:

Why are most of the VT store liquids only available at low nic levels?

Thanks,

James C

I'm sold on cartomizers after two months with 2 atomizers. One blew out in 3 weeks and the second one came apart. The cylinder separated from the atomizer. Both atomizers were more messy too as they would leak a little juice around the battery. I bought the low resistance cartomizers and I'm never going back to an atomizer/cartridge combo. I get same quality of hits in a smaller and cleaner package. No word on how long each one lasts though as I've only had the cartomizers for a few days now.

Different strokes for different folks. Just my two cents though =)

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer to use cartomizers - however some companies e-liquids seem too thick to work well with cartomizers. I have used distilled water to thin some liquids for use in cartomizers, but that's a hassle. Why go to all the trouble versus direct dripping into an atty? Cartomizers are more convenient, are ready to use, and less chance of making a mess due to less time spent refilling.

Edited by maconulaff