Wanting Another Option

Been vaping a month now and really doing well. Love my ego and well my husband loves my ego too. Amazing but at the age of 74 and smoking longer than me (51 years) he is puffing away on my second ego! Good thing I have three and keep one charged at all times. If you knew these two die-hard smokers you would be as amazed as I am. But looking for a little change and have been thinking about the Joye520 - but cannot find out what cartomizers attach to it. Anyone know?? And I must add - my husband has been using the same ego cartomizer for 10 days - I just refill it daily with 1ml and off he puffs. So far - that cart is non-destructible.!! :animier:

Edited by CoughinCanuck

510 carts and 510 mega carts, also 510 cartos. I like the 510 megas cause they hold more juice, not as crazt about cartos but am getting there. WU has all of those and also the white tipped soft tops which Jeffery tells me are easier to fill than Joyes. I just ordered another 510 mega.If you order kit you can choose reg or mega carts at WU and they work on eGo too.The soft tops are shown at WU as picture of multicolored cartos just pick 510.

Edited by mastiffmom

The 520 is a longer version of the 510. The same atomizers, carts, cartomizers that fit the ego will also fit the 520. you will need a separate charger for the 520 (510 charger) as the ego charger can damage the 520/510 batteries.

Congrats to both of you !!! I had completely quit quitting and had no intention to quit when I found vaping--In 30 years I had never managed to quit for more than a week. vaping really has been a miracle for me too.

The 520 is a longer version of the 510. The same atomizers, carts, cartomizers that fit the ego will also fit the 520. you will need a separate charger for the 520 (510 charger) as the ego charger can damage the 520/510 batteries.

Congrats to both of you !!! I had completely quit quitting and had no intention to quit when I found vaping--In 30 years I had never managed to quit for more than a week. vaping really has been a miracle for me too.

oopps forgot about the charger. Thanks Kitsune for catching that. I agree completely with you, miracle.

Congrats to you both. I am a 40+yrs ex-smoker. I'm just wondering why you are looking into the 520's. Seems to me that after using the Ego it's kind of a step backwards. Don't get me wrong, the 510 and 520's are good units, but it's sort of like buying a pinto after already having a caddy.

Have you looked into some of the other mods out there? Like the Joker or Vyper? There must be hundreds of choices. Just asking not condemning.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Edited by snubber

Just so you know...the 520 batteries will not hold a charge for very long. Not even half as long as you're used to with the eGo. I don't know if that makes a difference to you or not...just wanted you to know before you ordered in case it did matter. Believe me, I'm all for you having lots of backups...I just want you to be aware of what you'd be getting.

Glad to hear it's going so well for you both. I'm still amazed at how easy the switch was for me - after smoking for 34 years.

:thumbsup: a Big thumbsup to you both for making the switch to vaping! Having only 3 batteries with 2 vapors is going to present a problem eventually. Have you considered purchasing another eGo to balance the equasion? They have them in XL battery size which lasts a few hours longer, and they also have the USB eGo now for those who travel a lot or who are at the pc a lot plus you can pull them out and still vape because they charge while vaping. They are all fantastic. And, they even have fun colors at a lot of shops now. :)

Basically, I echo the other posters and am trying to watch your back. If you're adamant about getting one, go for it! I know that adamant feeling too lol. You get whatever is calling to you to use. That's the important part. (along with the info on what to expect from it)

Thanks to all for your replies. I know, I know (chuckle) I love the ego too! Currently an ego lasts both of us 2 days (and a bit) before requiring a charge. This is awesome. Had read that the new 520 lasts 2-3 days if one is a pack a day smoker so sounded similar. Will have to do more checking on this.

The 520 typically will last a moderate vaper about 4 hours (maybe a bit more)--I have had a couple 520's--they were pretty good, last longer than the standard 510, but battery life is still shorter than the ego.

It all depends on what you want as part of the change.....

The 520 sounds like a nice one for you. If you end up not liking it for whatever reason you can always give it to a newbie to try or save for guests or sell it in classifieds. You'll be fine. It's no ego but it's the one on the ladder rung before the eGo. :)