1St Day Without Analogs

thehookahman

Today is the day! Ive tried cold turkey, switching to chewing tobacco and chewing enormous amounts of gum but for some reason i keep going back. Ive smoked for 19 years and I am getting tired of the smell and my lungs hurting when I wake up in the morning. First thing this morning I woke up took a puff off the e cig and was amazed. The taste and feel of the vapor was almost like having that first puff of the day. Really hope this works. Im getting tired of feeling like an addict and throwing my money away. Thank you for all the videos that have been posted. They are very helpful. Wish me luck

Good luck. Today was my first day too. I propose a challenge. Both of us last 1 month on just ecigs. Just a healthy challenge for dignity. Sometimes we all need just a little more push than just stopping for ourselves. Someone to hold us accountable. I give you my word I'll be 100% honest. What do ya say?

Good luck. Today was my first day too. I propose a challenge. Both of us last 1 month on just ecigs. Just a healthy challenge for dignity. Sometimes we all need just a little more push than just stopping for ourselves. Someone to hold us accountable. I give you my word I'll be 100% honest. What do ya say?

Im in. Let the games begin. Im really looking forward to quitting for good. Kinda proud of myself, I just got back from the store. Asked the clerk for a pack of smokes he got them off the shelf and rang them up. I looked at him and said you know what never mind and walked out of there with a big grin on my face. Hopefully im not back in there tmrow trying to buy cigs again. I have the feeling he isnt going to sell them to me anyway. LOL

Awesome man. Proud of you too. It's hard cause it's almost unconscious habit. I ended up on my porch during a commercial break on tv and reached for a pack that wasn't there. Lol. Then I remembered oh yeah I don't have to do this anymore and went back in the house. Which was great cause it's like 40 degrees out there. God I so wont miss that. Keep it up and so will I I'll check back on this thread tomorrow night to let ya know how day 2 goes.

Guys that's a great idea! While I don't think you should beat yourself up over a slip or two, I look forward to the ending. Both of you sitting inside while the snow is blowing and vaping away! We are always here for support and encouragement for you guys. Bring on the eGos!

While I wasn't trying to hate on anyone slipping up (hell I know I have) I do see your point. Just sometimes knowing that you will have to tell someone else that you slipped up is enough encouragement to get through the tough times. That's one of the reasons AA meetings work. I quit drinking over 8 yrs ago and knowing that I would have to stand in front of a group of people and tell them I slipped up helped make the decision not to even easier. I know they would forgive me and not think any less of me if I did. Remember it's one day at a time! ( and sometimes 1 hr or even 1 minute)

Hey hookahman how was doa 2 for ya? (so far) I had an urge earlier this am but vaped it away. Still going strong. So far it's been way easier than any other way I've tried. I don't really feel like I'm sacrificing anything.

Wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. That cup of coffee this morning gave me the worst craving. Im surprised I didn't turn that ecig inside out. I made it though, so far. This is a lot easier than cold turkey , the gum or all the other ways ive tried. Im confident that we can quit. My brother didn't realize it but he gave me a great idea. Put the money away that you would usually spend on smokes and by may you should have almost a grand saved up. I would say that's enough for a sweet vacation.

Put the money away that you would usually spend on smokes and by may you should have almost a grand saved up. I would say that's enough for a sweet vacation.

Or at least get a counter (see below, click on it, fill out, and paste to your signature box in your profile) and see it start adding up!

Also, very happy for you and caseace. It will get easier and better. All those liquids to try! Yum!

Wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. That cup of coffee this morning gave me the worst craving. Im surprised I didn't turn that ecig inside out. I made it though, so far. This is a lot easier than cold turkey , the gum or all the other ways ive tried. Im confident that we can quit. My brother didn't realize it but he gave me a great idea. Put the money away that you would usually spend on smokes and by may you should have almost a grand saved up. I would say that's enough for a sweet vacation.

I knew we could do it brother! See ya here tomorrow night. If you're having a rough time just post and I will too. I have off all day tomorrow so we will see how I do with having so much free time. Wish me luck.

Congrats !! I was one of the lucky ones that found vaping to be the perfect solution and was able quit smoking easily (even though I had no intention on quitting).

I really hope this keeps working for you--vaping really is amazing.

While I wasn't trying to hate on anyone slipping up (hell I know I have) I do see your point. Just sometimes knowing that you will have to tell someone else that you slipped up is enough encouragement to get through the tough times. That's one of the reasons AA meetings work. I quit drinking over 8 yrs ago and knowing that I would have to stand in front of a group of people and tell them I slipped up helped make the decision not to even easier. I know they would forgive me and not think any less of me if I did. Remember it's one day at a time! ( and sometimes 1 hr or even 1 minute)

Good luck to both of you!

My tip... I generally use juice with 18mg of nicotine, but I also keep a bottle of 24mg nic on hand. I've also using an eGo, and you can simply drip three drops of the stronger juice into the atty, if/when you really have a craving for a cig.

this has helped me a lot.

Good luck to both of you guys!