New To Vaping, Strange How Opinions Change

I'm not sure whether you guys are the same, I read a lot of questions of what to buy first time and it brings back memories to when I first started.

my priorities were:

• must be shaped like a real cigarette

• don't really care about battery life cause I can charge it

• must have lots of batteries

• reliable atomizer

• end colour doesn't matter

now after almost a year my priorities are:

• doesn't matter about shape

• doesn't matter about size

• must look like anything but a cigarette

• battery must last all day

• holds loadsa juice

• nice throat hit

• who cares about attys, they are consumable

• nice big batteries

have other vapers priorities changed over their vaping years ?

every time i talk to someone new about ecigs, they all want that small cig shape.

i try to explain it to them, but they just want those ones with tiny batteries.

but then again so did i, till about 1hr after i had mine.

look at me now, i have a radial flyer with 5 ton of batteries when i go out and about. hehe.

Yep! And I often times find myself trying to tell n00bs to just skip the whole "I need it to look like a real analog..." garbage, save themselves some time and money, and go straight for 'The Usual' in e-cigs that everyone always recommends! I guess if they don't take our word for it and just want to go ahead and buy a bunch of 510 batts to sit in their stash forever then it's their choice. :thumbsup:

every time i talk to someone new about ecigs, they all want that small cig shape.

i try to explain it to them, but they just want those ones with tiny batteries.

but then again so did i, till about 1hr after i had mine.

look at me now, i have a radial flyer with 5 ton of batteries when i go out and about. hehe.

Thanks for that visual, I've seen motorized ones with kegs at races, guess I just keep my eyes peeled for the dude driving radio flyer in a cloud vapor.

Yep! And I often times find myself trying to tell n00bs to just skip the whole "I need it to look like a real analog..." garbage, save themselves some time and money, and go straight for 'The Usual' in e-cigs that everyone always recommends! I guess if they don't take our word for it and just want to go ahead and buy a bunch of 510 batts to sit in their stash forever then it's their choice. :thumbsup:

Still love the look of the 510s, sleek and classy, I love them but my eGo is my go to vape. Got 6V coming from WU next week looks like 510 to me so very cool. I'm getting to the point where I can change up my juice and my PV to suit my mood. Nephew calls them Aunt Sis' little hookahs.:punk:

I think people just need that smaller one to start out and get hooked. I still recommend the 510 to newbies that say they want it cig sized, but I warn that battery life is a joke. They start out with a small one, get hooked, and THEN don't care about size as much as battery life. I think if you tried to start a lot of people out with a larger one right off the bat, they may not use it enough to get hooked in the first place.

I agree, I was turned off by the tech stuff at first and just wanted something to replicate an analog. Jeffery called me and said he thinks that if you're trying to quit you need to replicate your smoking habit as closely as possible. Get something analog like, get juice that matches your current brand and get used to the feel of vaping then bump up with bigger PVs and flavors. I followed his instructions and have not had a single craving, no desire at all to smoke.Now I can proudly say I am an ex-smoker. Once the twinges when I saw an analog or someone smoking an analog went away I knew I was going to make it. Thank goodness for everyone here who cares about each others successes and encourages us to hang in there.

Personally, I like the look of the pen styles, but still haven't found one that is good. Yes, I tried the 801s and the draw was extremely tight....yikes that won't do. I do have an eCO on the way as the 2 510 batteries that I have pant to keep up with me. I am also trying a higher nic content fluid to see if that will help.

We will have to see what comes out of all of this. BTW--I know what you mean by the twinge that happens when you see or smell someone light up. I still have those on occasion, but have yet to give into them.

This last Friday I was picking up a friend from her job and she had run out of cigs while working that day. The first thing she asked is if I had any with me. My reply was I hadn't had one since that first weekend that I had my ecig. She thought I was joking with her, but quickly found out otherwise.

Anne

This last Friday I was picking up a friend from her job and she had run out of cigs while working that day. The first thing she asked is if I had any with me. My reply was I hadn't had one since that first weekend that I had my ecig. She thought I was joking with her, but quickly found out otherwise.

Anne

Did she go out and buy one then? Don't leave us hanging! :)

hahaha AimeeG I was just thinking the same thing!

I admit I got the 510 and I still like it a lot, but the battery life does suck, at times I do want that "feeling" of a cigarette in my hand still.

I think it will change someday and I don't "need" it all the time anymore, but man when I started out, I really needed that feeling. I like that we at least have that option.

I do think it helps newbie ppl that are on the fence about trying the ecig a good place to move from analogs to the world of no combustion.

I think most noobs do want a cig size at first, there is a mental link between holding the e-cig the same way you did a traditional cig. I recall being hesitant about getting an eGo because it was too big. Now, eGo is my "petite" model when I am not carrying about tube mods.

I don't think I would really try to persuade a new user from a "mini" style. I would point out that they may likely want a larger one later on and why. There are about 6 people in my office that started using e-cigs and many of them stay with their original 510 devices because they are completely satisfied and don't feel the need for a harder hit or more battery life. This may be foreign to some of us but as long as they are happy, that is the point. IMHO

Great thread!!

I never did buy the Joye 510 with LED, because of the short battery life. But I still want one to this day. They're a great starter and have gorgeous colors to boot. I fell in love with their looks and proven abilities. One of these days I'll splurge and get one for old times sake and to pay it forward. Meanwhile, I'll continue vaping on my awesome eGo, awesome USB eGo, and awesome Black Silver Bullet as I dream of Jolly Tekk mods, Reo Grandes, Mini Reo's, All'i's, GLV 3's, Mini GLV's, Purple Buzz's, GG w/AFS, Mark Mods.....

as I dream of Jolly Tekk mods, Reo Grandes, Mini Reo's, All'i's, GLV 3's, Mini GLV's, Purple Buzz's, GG w/AFS, Mark Mods.....

LoL Uma .. I was laughing even as the list went on into the abyss

I was no different than anyone else starting out with the exception that I actually bought starter kits in two different varieties of "real" cig. I purchased the RN4081 (super mini) and the DSE901 (mini). I convinced myself that of the two I would fall in love with one, it would do everything for me that I needed it too (even vacuum my carpets) and that I would NEVER have the urge for one of those "BIG" "electronic personal vaporizors". Yes, I thought the eGo would be much, much, much too big to suit me.

I guess we novice vapers do seem kinda flaky, eh? Glad there's lots of room for growth and little for judgement when it comes to vaping. At least here @ VT.

:icecream:

I actually finished my new mod yesterday , i posted a pic in the weak whiskey thread and I fell in love with it,

bigger than my 510 smaller than my torch mod but unusual enough to raise a little interest (come on! you know you love other peoples reaction!)

BUT I know I once felt the same way about my 510 and my torch (thats why I started this thread) I just wonder where I will go from here!

Small, been there done that

medium, been there done that

large, been there done that

so what really is next? I really hope it's not HUGE!

Maybe they need to come out with a starter kit that has a 510 battery and then an ego with it, so newbies can have the best of both worlds....hmmmm??

I can't believe that sometimes we chat away and completely miss the obvious!

What a fabulous idea owutaqt. Unless you already are, you should be working for a marketing company!