Cartomizer Concerns

Rook

I've been a dedicated dripper for some time now, but just recently started trying 510 cartos. So far I have mixed feelings. I really like the idea of them, but they seem really leaky. Maybe it's how I'm filling them. Tried the condom method a couple times and didn't like it, so I've just been dripping into the top. But then I lose a bunch of liquid out the bottom. Any tips on avoiding leakage?

Also, just something I was thinking about...do the fibers actually burn? If so, that can't be too healthy to be inhaling it...?

I'd really like to try the LR cartos. I only have regular ones at the moment and vapor production is definitely lacking compared to the LR attys I've been using.

After filling a carto, before you put it on your ecig, hold a napkin over the battery conector end and gently blow through it until the "gurgling" stops. That will blow out all the eliquid in the center tube. The only time I've had a carto leak is when I drip into it while it's on my ecig, so I stopped going that.

I'll just add that for me, cartos are for on-the-go only (mostly while driving). They don't satisfy me like the 510 atty, but they get the through when I can't drip.

Edited by Brian

Hi, if I add maybe just two drops more than the filler needs (I do it by hand), I'll get leakage out of the threaded end of a carto. I start out with about 10-12 drops and then test the carto to see if it's a 'live one'. Then I'll add another 5 to 10 more drops so that the filler is thoroughly saturated with e-liquid. Imo it's a little bit hit or miss filling them no matter what method you use.

And yes, the filler does start to burn when you vape, and less e-liquid is absorbed into the filler each time you top it off causing it to leak if too much juice is added. I find that after about three days or so, it's time for a new carto!

The silver threaded ones are by far the best.You can sling the excess liquid out before using them.I have found after a few days the flavor starts dropping off even though they still make vapor it is time to dump them.I was adding liquid to them to try to get flavor and then I would end up with leakage.The fibers do melt away from the element after a while ,if you take one apart they apear charred but I don't think it is harmful if you keep them wet and dispose of them in a timely fashion.

When you say leaky do you mean from the bottom or top? My carts never leak like my atomizers used to. Be sure your getting the Boge silver thread cartomizers. IMO they work the best.

They leak from the bottom (battery end). They're cartos I purchased from the VT store a while back, silver threads. I guess I must be over filling them.