Too Stupid To Drip?

B80

I finally got tired of filling my carts up all the time. I decided to try direct dripping last night. I don't have a drip tip yet, so I just emptied my cart and tried it that way. It works ok as far as the flavor and vapor but it leaks and I get a lot of liquid in my mouth. How many drops should I be putting in at a time? I'm thinking of just going back to the cart and trying the blue foam.

From what others say... 2 - 3 drops gets you 5 - 7 pulls. I think... I don't know for sure since I only use cartos. Someone will help you shortly. I can, though, recommend that you go ahead and grad up some drip tips! Keeps you from getting juiced all the time. You can use drip tips with cartos or attys, either one, and it definately helps with the 'juice in the mouth' thing. :thumbsup:

You want to drip 2-3 drops on the atomizer. I use 2 drops when dripping. Another thing that helps is putting the drops in the atomizer along the side, don't drip directly on the bridge. Some people prefer to remove the bridge and the filament (white strings under the bridge) for dripping. I don't suggest this, I find it leaks more when this is done. You should get about 5-10 draws from the drops. Try not to tip the PV with the atomizer down. It is best to keep the atomizer elevated. If the atomizers gets tipped upside down or it lays horizontal for awhile you can get liquid in the cart and it will end up in your mouth. Don't give up, it takes a little practice.

edit - I also wanted to add that condensation will happen in the cart and that might be what you are experiencing. If you let it build up, you can get the liquid in your mouth.

Edited by BirdDog

Thanks to both of you. I was definitely dripping too much liquid! I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now and definitely keeping it elevated helps alot. I just borrowed a drip tip from a friend so I'm going to try that now. I had another question for Dayvape - How do you use a drip tip with a carto?

To use a drip tip on a carto, I just remove the end pieces (white caps on most) and insert the Drip Tip. For me this is the best option, I binge vape till the casing on the carto gets HOT and was burning my lips. The Drip tip helps keep the heat and makes it easier to refill that carto too!

Hi, I became really discouraged when I first started to direct dip. It's all that everyone was recommending here. I felt like I was following the instructions but, time after time I ended up with juice in the mouth and felt like I was drinking my e-liquid. I even gave up on it for a couple of weeks and went back to the filler. I kept at it tho, and lo-and-behold, now I vape it, and don't drink it! I put anywhere from 2 to 4 drops in the atty. I tip it a bit and don't really know where the juice lands inside the atty. I keep my 510 or eGo fairly horizontal when I vape. As already said, the drip tip (I use the shorty, wide-mouth Delrin) kind of keeps the juice from running all over the place. I don't think I've ever had 5-7 inhales on a 2-4 drop drip, but I try not to overfill regardless. Even with a carto, if you're a drop over, the juice can run through the drip tip and onto your tongue. I guess what I want to say is don't give up on direct dipping. While cartos are convenient and becoming ever popular, there is nothing like the flavor and vapor that comes from the direct dipping method. Gluck!

I guess what I want to say is don't give up on direct dipping. While cartos are convenient and becoming ever popular, there is nothing like the flavor and vapor that comes from the direct dipping method. Gluck!

And see... I can easily get the full flavor and plumes of vapor with a carto... I'm just guessing here, but I bet you haven't tried a carto with anything other than 3.7 volts? Because I would totally agree with that if I were using a standard carto on an eGo for instance. It's a different ball game at 4.5v and up though. :thumbsup:

And see... I can easily get the full flavor and plumes of vapor with a carto... I'm just guessing here, but I bet you haven't tried a carto with anything other than 3.7 volts? Because I would totally agree with that if I were using a standard carto on an eGo for instance. It's a different ball game at 4.5v and up though. :thumbsup:

Idk Dayvape, I don't want to jack this thread. I've been using standard cartos on an eGo. I read all of your posts re LR cartos and HV...but I also read other posts that don't tout LR's or HV for flavor. I know I should try LR's and HV for myself, but I'm not convinced (yet) that I need a stronger TH.

LR cartos are awesome on 3.7v!! The regular ones are great on high voltage! Just don't use Lr's on HV!!! You will pop them. I am quickly becoming a carto fan boy!! thumbsup.gif

Can you tell me what the resistance of the LR cartos are? I'm a fan of 2.0s, and even 1.8s, hate the original 1.6s and the 2.5s are meh.

LR cartos are awesome on 3.7v!! The regular ones are great on high voltage! Just don't use Lr's on HV!!! You will pop them. I am quickly becoming a carto fan boy!! thumbsup.gif

Yes, I've heard the same thing several times, that LR cartos/atty's are a good combo with 3.7v. That's why I ordered 2 five packs of LR cartos. I'll know soon enough how it all works, my mail tracking shows that me and g/f should get our new Ego's delivered today. (first time vapers) But is it true that LR cartos/atty's don't last quite as long as standard ones? Do they burn out quicker since they run a bit hotter? Don't mean to jack here, I figured the OP would like to hear a answer on this to if he/she is interested in going LR as well

If I remember right they are 1.8. I don't have a volt meter with me right now. I borrowed one from work to check them when I got them.

2bsmokef4ee - I jacked first, they'll come after me. ;-)

Thahodge - I ordered, wife likes 1.8s, I don't mind them. What the heck, thanx for the heads up. Part of the plan to be stocked up forever!! Also got some LR901s and from puresmoker another ego kit. just when I think I'm done buying...

DITTO THAT! Hope they come as 2.0's as well.... just right IMO. :thumbsup:

I just got my new Ego, and ordered two 5 packs of LR Cartos. Without really knowing what to get, (first time vaper) I made a wise lucky move by getting these, they are 2.0 LR's, and so far, it's the only way to go for me... really nice! :thumbsup: